Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1420 on: December 09, 2023, 08:30:07 PM »
The questions you replied to are "how can you maintain that this shouldn't be investigated by Congress? Why are you guys crying that this should not be investigated?" Presumably anyone replying to me with an argument must think that this should not be investigated.

Well there's your problem. You assumed something that, based on my response, was clearly not what I was arguing. It's ok Tom we all make mistakes from time to time.

Again this has already been investigated thoroughly without a shred of evidence (seriously, it's absurd for you to have this line of argument now anyway, given that Biden has already been so thoroughly investigated, but Tom gonna Tom). When is it time to throw in the towel? For the Republicans in this instance, never, because it's not actually about finding the truth, it's about smearing a political enemy. Leveling the playing field. Who cares if we've fished and fished for evidence of wrongdoing and found not a shred, let's impeach him anyway because it makes Trump look a little better if they've both been impeached.

Clown show. And puppet show (people like you are the puppets).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 09, 2023, 09:25:25 PM »
Is it legal to peddle influence or not? The exact same people who willfully turned a blind eye to four years of Trump and his family very openly monetizing his office and selling access to him are now furiously pounding away at what looks to be a far weaker case against Biden for doing something similar. Even if we take it for granted for a moment that Devon Archer isn't just a crook who's trying to wriggle out of his own legal problems (possibly angling for a future pardon from Trump?) by telling Republicans what they want to hear and that Mykola Zlochevsky wasn't desperately trying to offer bribes to anyone he possibly could shortly before his downfall, what has Biden done that Trump hasn't done? Why should Congress put Biden through the wringer for something they refused to hold Trump accountable for?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:25:41 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 09, 2023, 09:33:28 PM »
Why should Congress put Biden through the wringer for something they refused to hold Trump accountable for?
Because Trump is above the law and Biden isn't.  Why else?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 01, 2024, 04:01:07 AM »
It seems that Biden is closing out the year on C-SPAN with some high energy support.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 01, 2024, 05:42:00 AM »
A small handful of hecklers met up with each other to scream at Biden once he stepped outside a building. Yes, this really tells us a lot about Biden and not about the dozen or so weirdos who went to all this time and effort to arrange a scene where they would get to yell abuse at Biden together for a few seconds on camera. I don't doubt the passion of Trump supporters. They passionately worship Trump and passionately hate anyone he tells them to hate with an ardor that goes well, well, well beyond anything you'd see from normal people. What they fundamentally don't seem to understand, though, is that their passion doesn't translate into extra numbers for them. No matter how earnestly, how fervently, how devotedly they adore Trump and despise his opponents, they still don't count as more than one person each with only one vote each - and only one voice each, in the case of this video.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: January 23, 2024, 10:29:55 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2023/12/13/1219065166/biden-phillips-new-hampshire-primary

TLDR:
Biden isn't on the New Hampshire ballot because of rules that conflict with state laws.

Young Biden(Dean Phillips) hopes to win so he can be the nomine instead of old Biden.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 08, 2024, 11:29:41 PM »
Holy shit will you stop electing people who should be in assisted living?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68244611
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 09, 2024, 04:09:53 AM »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 09, 2024, 05:05:25 AM »
Seriously. At this point I think the Democrats are just as wrongheaded to stick with Biden as the Republicans are to stick with Trump. It's fucking embarrassing.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 15, 2024, 08:31:29 PM »
Putin endorses Joe Biden for POTUS. Very interesting.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 15, 2024, 08:57:54 PM »
Putin endorses Joe Biden for POTUS. Very interesting.

Yes I'm sure that the master propagandist and manipulator isn't propagandizing and being manipulative with that endorsement. Seems legit.  ::)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 16, 2024, 12:03:22 PM »
Liberals aren't looking too confident about this to me. Apparently The Atlantic is shocked that Joe Biden would put his own self-regard ahead of the good of the country. They are begging for the DNC to pick a new candidate.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 12:29:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 16, 2024, 01:05:15 PM »
Liberals aren't looking too confident about this to me. Apparently The Atlantic is shocked that Joe Biden would put his own self-regard ahead of the good of the country. They are begging for the DNC to pick a new candidate.

It makes sense not to.
If you pick a new candidate you're signaling that your current guy is weak. And if he's weak, Trump is correct, so what else is he right about?

Its no different than choosing not to let Trump get primaried in 2020.  If they did, he'd look weak and maybe the dems were right.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 16, 2024, 04:47:08 PM »
Sitting presidents generally aren't primaried at all, to say nothing of the unique degree of loyalty and devotion that Trump's fans show him, so it makes no sense to compare this to other primaries to begin with. Obviously this is a unique situation. Your other point seems to be more concerned with some imaginary game of saving face rather than winning the election. Refusing to address an obvious weakness simply because your opponent has already identified that weakness and you don't want to admit that they were right is insanity.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 09:04:14 PM by honk »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 16, 2024, 05:40:37 PM »
Sitting presidents generally aren't primaried at all, to say nothing of the unique degree of loyalty and devotion that Trump's fans show him, so it makes no sense to compare this to other primaries to begin with. Obviously this is a unique situation. Your other point seems to more concerned with some imaginary game of saving face rather than winning the election. Refusing to address an obvious weakness simply because your opponent has already identified that weakness and you don't want to admit that they were right is insanity.

At what point did I claim US politics were sane?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 17, 2024, 01:29:08 AM »
Well, you said it made sense for Biden not to drop out. It doesn't.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 17, 2024, 10:13:31 AM »
Who would even replace him?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 17, 2024, 01:20:30 PM »
There surely has to be someone else who is vaguely popular and who has the mental ability to be the president. No?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 17, 2024, 01:37:51 PM »
There surely has to be someone else who is vaguely popular and who has the mental ability to be the president. No?
I can't think of anyone off hand.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 17, 2024, 04:41:10 PM »
^ITT LD finally admits there are no democrats in possession of "vague" popularity or mental acuity.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.