How thick is the Earth according to FE
« on: April 07, 2017, 03:10:27 AM »
Hi, I'll be upfront, I believe the Earth is round. I am interested however to see what the specs(Length, width, depth) are on the planet according to the FE guys here. Also what are your thoughts on gravity and their relation to atoms. I know you guys probably get a lot of s*** for stuff like this, but I'm curious what you guys think.

Cheers!

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
Re: How thick is the Earth according to FE
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 03:15:32 AM »
Hi, I'll be upfront, I believe the Earth is round. I am interested however to see what the specs(Length, width, depth) are on the planet according to the FE guys here. Also what are your thoughts on gravity and their relation to atoms. I know you guys probably get a lot of s*** for stuff like this, but I'm curious what you guys think.

Cheers!
Do a search in the wiki for your questions first.  It's unlikely you will get an answer because people here ask that stuff again and again and again and again. 

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:22:22 AM »
Well I was more curious about what individuals thought, not just what's been posted in there. I'm sure that there are people who don't simply accept what's directly written on this site since this is a site owned by a "Steven McDonald"(This is public information in case it's seen as revelation of personal info. a simple whois on this domain returns that information).

I'm just curious about what variations might exist in what people believe on here.

Offline Novarus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 05:49:44 AM »
The "look at the wiki" argument is useless, since whenever a flat earth theorist is backed into a corner by information that disproves the information on the wiki, they always day "well I don't believe everything the wiki says."
So no, don't look there for answers - they won't be defended, or they won't be there in the first place

The truth is there is no satisfactory theory that covers all bases - when o e falters in one area, they will try to plug the hole with another that doesn't work in others. Yes, spherical scientists do this too, but our assembly is far stronger with fewer holes and far fewer separate, unconnected pieces.

The best answer you'll receive on here is "we don't know and we can't know" with an occasional "who cares" amid the cacophony of "fuck off REtard"

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
The "look at the wiki" argument is useless, since whenever a flat earth theorist is backed into a corner by information that disproves the information on the wiki, they always day "well I don't believe everything the wiki says."
So no, don't look there for answers - they won't be defended, or they won't be there in the first place

The truth is there is no satisfactory theory that covers all bases - when o e falters in one area, they will try to plug the hole with another that doesn't work in others. Yes, spherical scientists do this too, but our assembly is far stronger with fewer holes and far fewer separate, unconnected pieces.

The best answer you'll receive on here is "we don't know and we can't know" with an occasional "who cares" amid the cacophony of "fuck off REtard"

If you're going to post, please stay on topic. If you have nothing to add to the topic, refrain from posting. You round earthers sure seem to have a hard time understanding some pretty simple rules. We have a forum where you can rant all you want. I'd suggest taking your diatribe there.

Offline Novarus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

If you're going to post, please stay on topic. If you have nothing to add to the topic, refrain from posting. You round earthers sure seem to have a hard time understanding some pretty simple rules. We have a forum where you can rant all you want. I'd suggest taking your diatribe there.

I think that counts as the latter - would you like to contribute? Or just ban people who call the theory out for being baseless and inconsistent?

Here's a debate prompt: In the Flat Earth model, the sun is anywhere from 64 to 3000 miles above the surface so, for symmetry's sake, let's say the Earth is somewhere between 64 and 3000 miles thick.
Discuss.

Offline Baraccafuu

• Rascal Of Unusual Size
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
No matter what teh thinkness might be, I wonder what would be under teh Earth?

Void?

it would have to be deeper than the deepest someone has dug, right.
so at least 7.5 miles

is there any reason in the flat earth model that it would necessarily be finite?
at least deep enough for the crust plates to dance with each other.
I am a potato.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
The thickness of the flat earth is something I have never seen an answer for. However, the very way we measure the thickness of the earth's layers is  a proof of the round earth. Seismic waves bounce through the earth, telling us a lot about what makes it up.