How do satellites orbit a flat earth?
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
Hey guys, I’ve been wondering how satellites orbit a flat earth as satellites have been observed from earth (at evening or early morning satellites look like a moving star) so I was wondering, if the earth is flat how do they orbit?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Re: How do satellites orbit a flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »
Hey guys, I’ve been wondering how satellites orbit a flat earth as satellites have been observed from earth (at evening or early morning satellites look like a moving star) so I was wondering, if the earth is flat how do they orbit?

The answer largely depends on many of the flat earth model the person is most comfortable with. They will range from:

1. Satellites are not in outer space they are traveling in a circle in the upper atmosphere in a circle.
2. Satellites in outer space they are traveling in a circle in space.
3. Satellites do not exist they are just high altitude transmitters/balloons/devices.
4. Satellites are in outer space they are orbiting the Earth. It orbits the Flat Earth in a very similar way to the way anything else orbits something. It spins around it.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »

The answer largely depends on many of the flat earth model the person is most comfortable with. They will range from:

1. Satellites are not in outer space they are traveling in a circle in the upper atmosphere in a circle.
2. Satellites in outer space they are traveling in a circle in space.
3. Satellites do not exist they are just high altitude transmitters/balloons/devices.
4. Satellites are in outer space they are orbiting the Earth. It orbits the Flat Earth in a very similar way to the way anything else orbits something. It spins around it.

Yes but that is not how orbit works. Earths gravity is in the center so going in a circle above the flat earth won’t work unless it goes over and under. Also satellites can’t be high altitude devices because they reflect the sun off their solar panels at afternoon when the stars just start to show meaning they are at a much higher altitude than high altitude balloons and devices and are instead in space.

totallackey

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 11:54:46 AM »
In 3 dimensional space, the set of all points not lying on the horizontal would present a cylindrical shape to the observer.