Re: Recommend a Game
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
Not that I've found. It's also entirely possible I'm playing with Australians with really shit net.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:42 AM »
You should buy Star Citizen.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »
As I mentioned in the Wii U thread, I picked one up this past weekend and some games. I am now taking real vacation around the Christmas and will have 11 consecutive days off. Turns out that I will be doing some traveling, but have plenty of gaming options to keep me busy on the other days.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
Have you played Portal/Portal 2?

It won't take 4 days, but it'll be fun!

Yeah, I played portal toward the end of my Steam days.

Do you not use Steam anymore?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »
Junker is too old for video games.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 05:56:38 PM »

It does happen, though. Sometimes the desire to play games (and the actual enjoyment of the game) fades, usually because as people get older they have more income, and more income means they can do things that don't involve sitting at the computer. Video games are mainly popular for kids because kids don't have much else more interesting to do.

Ghost of V

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »

It does happen, though. Sometimes the desire to play games (and the actual enjoyment of the game) fades, usually because as people get older they have more income, and more income means they can do things that don't involve sitting at the computer. Video games are mainly popular for kids because kids don't have much else more interesting to do.

Lol rushy.

*takes notes*

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
Do you not use Steam anymore?
It has been a very long time.

Yeah :(

This definitely happened. I do get the itch every now and then. I usually binge play a few games and that gets me through for a while. I am still a kid at heart.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »
For me, it's not necessarily that I have all this money to spend on better things. I just have too much to do. When I'm done doing responsible adult things, I just want to drink and watch tv.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »
rooster is a lush. 

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
For me, it's not necessarily that I have all this money to spend on better things. I just have too much to do. When I'm done doing responsible adult things, I just want to drink and watch tv.

For me video games is used to fill the TV void. I don't pay for TV, and even if I did, I wouldn't watch it. I just can't seem to sit and watch shows.

This definitely happened. I do get the itch every now and then. I usually binge play a few games and that gets me through for a while. I am still a kid at heart.

I'm also guessing the genre of game you enjoy changed a lot, too. I know it did for me. In high school call of duty was the game of choice for me and friends all the time, but now I don't even bother. I play maybe two hours of Battlefield 4 a month.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
You should play Arma like an adult.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »

Arma is like Eve Online; obnoxiously complex just for the sake of complexity without any real attempt at easing user interaction. I'm glad I bought into the alpha for like $30, because $60 is too much for that game.

Ghost of V

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
I'm also guessing the genre of game you enjoy changed a lot, too. I know it did for me. In high school call of duty was the game of choice for me and friends all the time, but now I don't even bother. I play maybe two hours of Battlefield 4 a month.

That's the same genre, Rushy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:44 PM »
That's the same genre, Rushy.

And? I play other genre's a shitload more than FPS now, while it used to be my favorite. I used me playing only 2 hours a month (if that) as supporting evidence that I don't play that genre much anymore.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »

Arma is like Eve Online; obnoxiously complex just for the sake of complexity without any real attempt at easing user interaction. I'm glad I bought into the alpha for like $30, because $60 is too much for that game.

If you're talking about Arma II then I would partially agree, but Arma III is much smoother and user friendly.

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

It's not like that at all. Arma can be as arcadey or hardcore as you want. Wasteland servers are there for those who want a clunkier and larger scale Battlefield game. ACE/ACRE is there for those who want to pretend they're in the military. DayZ is there for people still nostalgic over a 2 year walking simulator. There's a whole slew of mods that do all sorts of things.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
Regardless, I have like 2 hours on Arma because as I was explaining earlier, I have trouble having fun playing FPS games now. E:D will have to tide me over until SC is released, it is also coincidentally why I am always pissed that E:D isn't good enough yet to properly fill that role.