İntikam

1 dollar cost of disproving round map !
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
Get a compass 1 dollar cost.

Go to nearest road that shown in google map. Use the compass on the road to find out direction of the road.

Go open the google map and find out same road, same location. Draw a compass on the road yourself and compare them.

You'll see that some of directions are true but some of aren't. It is your chance to your test prove or disprove the map.

In Piri Reis map Istanbul European side seems as east to west, different direction of Asian side of Istanbul; and according to google it seems as Asian side and placed on East south.

My compass prove the N on Piri reis map is true and N on google map is wrong in west side of Istanbul !

30 cents for disproving round map !  ;D

Almost all important religional structures placed the direction to real north ! This situation causes by a bit religinal and a bit climatic.

This is patriarchate. One of the most religinal structure in Istanbul. Also Turkey, and a bit for Europe. One of the most important building for Ortodoxes.

Placed North to 40 degrees east!

This is Aya Irini. One of the most known temple in Istanbul. Placed in Topkapi Palace.

Placed North to 40 degrees East!

This is Suleymaniye. One of two biggest mosque in Istanbul.

This is the greatest mosque in Istanbul, also in Turkey. Sultan Ahmet.

I'm calculated true north now 25 degrees east. So history have about 15 degrees mistake and google has about 20 degrees mistake. My map has about zero degrees mistake.  :)

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 dollar cost of disproving round map !
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:05:57 PM »

That just proves the lack of accuracy in a $1 compass.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »
Can't your cellphone or watch be used as a compass? Digital is the way go.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
Geographic North and Magnetic North aren't the same thing, who said they were in the same spot???

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 06:29:31 PM »
Geographic North and Magnetic North aren't the same thing, who said they were in the same spot???

I have an old Dallas County (Texas, U.S.A.) Road Map. It has a notation indicating the Magnetic Declination at that time.

It has been years ago ! .....LOL.....I took a sophomore level course in college in Surveying. I can't recall if the subject of Magnetic Declination was covered, but I feel reasonably certain it might have been covered in more advanced courses. It is just part of the facts of life for a surveyor.
When was the last time you took a course in surveying, intikam ?  Or when was the last time you took a course in anything ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:03:30 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 05:21:37 AM »
All you have done is superimpose an image of a compass over an image of a map.  What, exactly, does this prove other than you are capable of using photo manipulation software?  Hasn't it been decreed by the FES that no photo will be used as proof of anything simply because all photos have been manipulated?

İntikam

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 05:49:10 AM »
Can't your cellphone or watch be used as a compass? Digital is the way go.

I don't trust to the tecnology at all. Basic is always better.

İntikam

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 05:50:09 AM »

That just proves the lack of accuracy in a $1 compass.

That proves $1 compass is more reliable than some people.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:55:42 AM by İntikam »

İntikam

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 05:51:33 AM »
All you have done is superimpose an image of a compass over an image of a map.  What, exactly, does this prove other than you are capable of using photo manipulation software?  Hasn't it been decreed by the FES that no photo will be used as proof of anything simply because all photos have been manipulated?

You can do same experiment in your city by don't manipulate something.

İntikam

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:42 AM »

In last picture i show you magnetic pole has 5 degrees difference with geoggraphic north. But i find out 25 degrees difference on real north and nonsence (google) north.

İntikam

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 05:54:16 AM »
If one of you haven't another silly objection accept this round map is a nonsence and wrong. Stop to crying like babies.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
If one of you haven't another silly objection accept this round map is a nonsence and wrong. Stop to crying like babies.
Stop being disrespectful. Play by your own rules.

Start being smart. This is just another post by Intikam thinking like a 10-year old kid.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 10:53:22 AM »
Look Rounder,

We're explicitly named! Wonder what we have done to peeve the spoilt brat now. Possibly disrespecting.

"ignored:  rabinoz, Rounder, and 3 others." I hope the MIT doesn't have tentacles here.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
Look Rounder,

We're explicitly named! Wonder what we have done to peeve the spoilt brat now. Possibly disrespecting.

I wonder why you got bold print and I didn't?  Gotta up my game.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »

In last picture i show you magnetic pole has 5 degrees difference with geoggraphic north. But i find out 25 degrees difference on real north and nonsence (google) north.

How is this "real north" being determined?  The store-bought compass?  A non-Google map that you trust?  Observation of sun or star rotation?
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

İntikam

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 12:50:02 PM »
Sell bagel but live with honor.

İntikam

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
This is 1 minutes paint draw lets you crazy. do not resist. unconditional surrender or meet my sword.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »
Look Rounder,

I'm trying to get back on the list.  Maybe one of my latest posts will do it?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »
Look Rounder,

I'm trying to get back on the list.  Maybe one of my latest posts will do it?

Learn by example!
Wonder what we have done to peeve the spoilt brat now. Possibly disrespecting.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 05:02:48 AM »
Sell bagel but live with honor.

This is 1 minutes paint draw lets you crazy. do not resist. unconditional surrender or meet my sword.

Ummm, what?