Offline squid

• View Profile
Why two websites?
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:59:19 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have a question: Why are there two sites tfes and theflatearthsociety?
Do you all disagree on any big issues, or is it just different folks?
Just curious.
Thanks!

totallackey

Re: Why two websites?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:14:41 PM »
Split between two factions.

This site is more heavily moderated.

Good people here and there.

Offline squid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
Interesting--thanks lackey.
Do the two factions believe different things?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
"Is this the Flat Earth Society?"
"F*** off! This is the Society of Flat Earthers! Flat Earth Society. Splitters! There's only one thing we hate more than Round Earthers and that's the Flat Earth Society"

And so on...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline squid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »
Oh so it's not a disagreement about stuff like religious foundations or physics data, but more about online moderation approaches? :)

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:32:59 PM »
Oh so it's not a disagreement about stuff like religious foundations or physics data, but more about online moderation approaches? :)
From my (limited) understanding it's about the base FE model. This site is more UA, the other is more Infinite Earth. I believe there IS a bit more to it (if you browse back you'll see references to a 'schism' of some kind) but at least at present that appears to be one of the defining differences between the two sites. At least from an outside perspective.

totallackey

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:37:38 PM »
Interesting--thanks lackey.
Do the two factions believe different things?
I do not think it is an issue of differing beliefs when it comes to flat earth.

While all flat earthers do not believe the same thing when it comes to things like UA, I also think there are some people here who are here simply because they not believe the Earth is a globe. They do not know what the shape of the Earth is, but they are convinced the Earth is not a globe.

I am convinced the Earth is not a globe.

I think it is an issue of differing beliefs when it comes to website operation.

Most of the "persons," posting at both sites do not really believe in a flat earth.

Most of the "persons," occupying both sites are also found at metabunk, ATS, and other conspiracy-based sites and are regular card carrying members of JREF, such as frenat, Rabinoz, Mick West, zaphod, etc...each of these "main," accounts having numerous alts.

This is, after all, how they make their money.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:44:36 PM by totallackey »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
"F*** off! This is the Society of Flat Earthers! Flat Earth Society. Splitters! There's only one thing we hate more than Round Earthers and that's the Flat Earth Society"

And so on...

Life of Brian. I get it. Good one lolol  :D
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 11:31:59 PM »

And so on...

Keep the shitposting in the lower fora, please. Warned.