Offline ben999

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever flown a plane across Antarctica?
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2019, 09:54:43 PM »
Excuse me, I was talking to the FES in general, not you specifically.

I think my post is a bit out of place; there is already posts about this idea of expedition:
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=7812.msg133741#msg133741
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=8284.msg136966#msg136966

If the fact that people already flew across antarcticta is not discussed, I guess I should not post there any more.

Adrenoch

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »
Hey! My daughter is planning a trip to Antarctica in the (northern) winter of 2020. If she sees 24-hour sunlight, should I consider her as the newest member of the conspiracy, or as trapped in a VR simulator somewhere?

Asking for a friend.

In all seriousness, I'm trying to find a way to go with her. If I do happen to see 24-hour sunlight, what am I to think?

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2019, 02:03:32 AM »
2.  Why can neither you or any other FES provide any proof at all that the world is flat? 

Because there isn't a need. It's not a science based model There is no science behind it. It's a believe model, and as such can't be scientifically tested. Obviously it will fail every single test.

But so does religion, and I believe in religious freedom (as long as you don't in-convince or harm others). Christians do not need scientific proof that Adam & Eva existed, or why type of snakes where around at that time. What benefit or satisfaction you get when you tell a kid that Santa doesn't exist?

BTW, Lightsail 2 (does not belong to NASA) is in a 720Km high orbit (is that withing the dome?) and did sent some images back to earth. When you look very closely (you may use a ruler) you will notice a slight curve. Could be the optic of course, those tricky mustards.

https://www.universetoday.com/142894/lightsail-2-is-sending-home-new-pictures-of-earth/

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
Hey I'm kinda new here. Why are there so few threads? To me there seems to be two ways to prove the earth is round: if a plane can fly across Antarctica, then it supports the round earth.

This really depends on the flat earth model as well as the path the plane takes.  There are bi-polar FE models, flat plane concepts, infinite plane concepts etc.

Things like the dome or ice wall only exist in a portion of all flat earth models.

A second way is to measure the distance traveled by a plane from Mexico to Japan, heading WEST. If the distance is greater than the distance EAST from Mexico to Japan, then it supports the flat earth. Have these things been documented ??? I don't know. Just some thoughts!

The flight time debate has been going on forever and some FE models are strengthened by these flight times/distances and some are weakened. In addition evidence has been provided which calls into question the accuracy of flight speeds and distances.

2.  Why can neither you or any other FES provide any proof at all that the world is flat?  All ideas proposed, which would prove a FE, are dismissed due to one impossibility or another.

When you start asking for PROOF I would argue that nothing is PROOF. There is EVIDENCE which I have found which weakens claims made in the RE model and evidence which strengthens the different FE models.  If you took me up in a spaceship and showed me a spherical earth that does not PROVE that the earth is a sphere. It provides very strong evidence that my visual cortex did it's best to make an image and that the image it decided to make was a sphere. Unfortunately that's not PROOF.

The same applies to the different FE models. There is EVIDENCE but no PROOF.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:43:38 PM by iamcpc »