Yaakov ben Avraham

I've been able to get a copy of the Jefferson Bible. Thomas Jefferson took the 4 Evangelists & stripped them down to their barest essentials. He removed all references to the miraculous, such as virgin births, divine healings, walking on water, resurrection (inc. Jesus' own), & so-forth. He then harmonised the events in the Gospels by order of occurence. This he did by literally taking a KJV Bible, a razor, & glue, & cutting & pasting passages into a blank book. The end result was a fast moving biography of Jesus, highlighting the morals he taught, rather than the theological beliefs that developed around him. I just finished reading it. It portrays (to me) a charismatic Jewish Rabbi. I find it quite appealing. Has anyone here read it? Any opinions on it? Let me know.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
I've been able to get a copy of the Jefferson Bible. Thomas Jefferson took the 4 Evangelists & stripped them down to their barest essentials. He removed all references to the miraculous, such as virgin births, divine healings, walking on water, resurrection (inc. Jesus' own), & so-forth. He then harmonised the events in the Gospels by order of occurence. This he did by literally taking a KJV Bible, a razor, & glue, & cutting & pasting passages into a blank book. The end result was a fast moving biography of Jesus, highlighting the morals he taught, rather than the theological beliefs that developed around him. I just finished reading it. It portrays (to me) a charismatic Jewish Rabbi. I find it quite appealing. Has anyone here read it? Any opinions on it? Let me know.

I haven't read it, but I'd like to.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Sounds like what should be taught in church.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.