Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the edge?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »
Why don't you prove that there is no edge by flying over antarctica and reach the other side. Put a camera on that plane and make a livefeed transmission on youtube.

It's been done (minus the live feed) multiple times.  For example, team took a plane across both poles in November of 1965, including a nonstop leg from Buenos Aires to the south pole and on to Christchurch New Zealand, a flight which covered about 7000 miles and took them just over 14 hours.   Going from Buenos Aires to Christchurch direct does not take you over the pole, they had to divert from the shorter great-circle route to cross the pole.  This means they turned the aircraft between the two cities.  Suppose there is no "south pole", suppose merely that they flew inland over the ice until they could no longer see the ocean, then made their turn for New Zealand.  How many thousands and thousands of miles around the hypothetical edge of the earth would they have to go?  That route from Buenos Aires to Christchurch is so much longer, in fact, that a Gleason Map route beginning heading north-west-ish over South America and curving across Central America, North America, the Pacific Ocean and Hawaii would be shorter than the substantially westward flight track followed by a great circle route.  The point being, regardless of the details of their route, this plane did leave Bueno Aires, and did arrive in Christchurch some 14 hours later, with witnesses at both ends.  On the Gleason Map, there is no way to plot a route that could be covered by that aircraft (Boeing 707) in that amount of time, nor indeed any route for which the 707 has enough fuel.  The distances are simply too great.

And why should a live feed from this proposed experiment be any more compelling than the routinely scorned live feeds from the ISS?  It would be trivial to fake a long-flight-over-ice video feed.  Here's how I would do it: identical twin pilot #1 talks to the camera while boarding the plane in city #1, and during take off.  At some pont he drops the camera, or a flight crew member gets too close to it, or turbulence shakes it, or some other distraction allows us to cut unnoticed to the camera on another plane, where identical twin pilot #2 finishes the flight and lands in city #2.  We could even do a version of the Penn & Teller bullet catch gag by having a dignitary in city #1 sign a souvenir and give it to 'the' pilot, to hand off to a dignitary in city #2 as proof of travel.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:53:33 AM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
It makes sense that the edge would be Antarctica why else are we civillians not allowed to travel there?

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »
It makes sense that the edge would be Antarctica why else are we civillians not allowed to travel there?

Civilians are allowed to travel there. What makes you think you aren't allowed?

Offline Wodz30

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 04:36:42 AM »

Stop just saying random things. First learn how to spell civilians and then do your own research. You are clearing spewing fourth-hand information that civilians are not allowed to travel there. Actually look into something before making such a finite statement. This is how misinformation is spread around the world mate.

Offline Wodz30

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:56 AM »
Satellites don't exist.
[/quote]

Go get a good telescope and point it at the real-time tracking path of the ISS.

Once you find it, you will see this through your telescope - http://www.celestronimages.com/data/media/13/ISS-Stacked.jpg

It is funny because I have seen the ISS or what NASA is claiming is the ISS through a telescope. I highly doubt that the NSA or CIA hacked my telescope and created an optical illusion. SO FUNNY right?

WAIT.. let me guess.. NASA hacked our brains and created an ISS mirage so that when we type in the coordinates we are all suckered into believing the ISS exists. NASA's photos and videos are a bunch of crap but you cannot refute facts when there is what appears to be a giant spacestation orbiting earth.........

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »
If you're a FE believer, there is actually no edge to find, but a firmament.. so the question will be: Where is the foot or base of the firmament? But if you're a GE, well, you don't have to answer as there obviously isn't. So asking where the edge is is the wrong question to ask because FErs and GErs surely cannot find an edge. We should all remember that we're just like a virus in size compared to earth. Do you think a virus will find an edge on a flat disc the size of a plate? I don't think so, this virus will keep on going towards the edge of the plate and yet does not recognize at all if it is already the edge due to its relative negligible size. So do we...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:45:20 PM by cel »
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
If you're a FE believer, there is actually no edge to find, but a firmament..
I know this is not true for some FE models, perhaps even most of them.  What I see here are mostly models where the flat earth disk has an edge defined by some unknown distance of ice wall at the "southern" perimeter, then some undefined distance to the firmament.  Models that exhibit your 'no edge' feature seem to leave the shape of the firmament undefined, particularly those where the flat earth is infinite and therefore has neither an edge nor a place for a domed firmament to touch the surface.

We should all remember that we're just like a virus in size compared to earth. Do you think a virus will find an edge on a flat disc the size of a plate? I don't think so, this virus will keep on going towards the edge of the plate and yet does not recognize at all if it is already the edge due to its relative negligible size. So do we...
That's a good analogy, to which I propose a counter argument: the edge we RE are asking the FE to find for us is comparable in scale to the edges of continents on the vast oceans of the earth, and continental edges are easily observed even at our tiny human scale.  We believe that if the earth were flat, and if it had an edge, tiny though we are in comparison, that edge should be observable.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

geckothegeek

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »
It would seem in some flat earth models that  "the edge" would be the point where the "ice dome" fits over the "ice ring" and covers the "flat disc earth." ????

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2016, 11:50:46 PM »
Any of you guys up to the challenge of proving your edge of the world?

Why don't you prove that there is no edge by flying over antarctica and reach the other side. Put a camera on that plane and make a livefeed transmission on youtube.
oh here we go a illuminaty freak,that picture sais it all,your a fully controlled geek

Because it would be a colossal waste of time/money.

"Breaking news: Guy flies across Antarctica, proving what everyone already knew: the earth isn't flat. No one is surprised."

On the other hand, if you proved the existence of an "edge", that absolutely WOULD be astounding news, and completely worth it.

How do FEer's explain satellites in orbit? I know the physics of falling bodies, altitude and velocity that do explain satellites. What happens at the edge with a satellite?
Satellites don't exist.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
Yes, the usual Flat Earth answer. If you can't understand it, it has to be a fake! Maybe it just means that you can't understand it!

Again I have to agree with your "OUR FLAT EARTH is NOT SCIENCE FICTION", but I can easily fix that for you "OUR FLAT EARTH is NOT SCIENCE FICTION" - that better?

Offline cel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 07:06:43 AM »
If you're a FE believer, there is actually no edge to find, but a firmament..
I know this is not true for some FE models, perhaps even most of them.  What I see here are mostly models where the flat earth disk has an edge defined by some unknown distance of ice wall at the "southern" perimeter, then some undefined distance to the firmament.  Models that exhibit your 'no edge' feature seem to leave the shape of the firmament undefined, particularly those where the flat earth is infinite and therefore has neither an edge nor a place for a domed firmament to touch the surface.

We should all remember that we're just like a virus in size compared to earth. Do you think a virus will find an edge on a flat disc the size of a plate? I don't think so, this virus will keep on going towards the edge of the plate and yet does not recognize at all if it is already the edge due to its relative negligible size. So do we...
That's a good analogy, to which I propose a counter argument: the edge we RE are asking the FE to find for us is comparable in scale to the edges of continents on the vast oceans of the earth, and continental edges are easily observed even at our tiny human scale.  We believe that if the earth were flat, and if it had an edge, tiny though we are in comparison, that edge should be observable.

How can a FE prove that there is an edge or base of a firmament if no one has reach that spot or end of the earth yet. Moreso, no one is now allowed to make expedition beyond the ice border (south pole) of the earth as shown in the FE map. There were testimonies from early expeditions that they (the travelers) were puzzled why they seemed to be heading towards a limitless distance while traveling beyond the "south pole" by plane, and they had testified that there are vast of lands out there. They were puzzled because in their minds they're just crossing the Antarctica, but in reality as claimed by the FE, they were heading already towards unexplored lands/places beyond the ice border as shown in the FE map... So this issue is not that simple of simply finding an "EDGE" of the earth.... remember, we're just virus size compared to earth, and how much tinier can we get if compared to the unexplored places or realm much, much bigger than earth, within or outside then firmament.... how's that?
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
no one is now allowed to make expedition beyond the ice border (south pole) of the earth as shown in the FE map.
Time and time again we've had to address this point: "Not allowed" is simply NOT TRUE!  One has to get permits from the governments which administer the Antarctic, and in order to get one you have to demonstrate that by virtue of equipment and experience you are likely to make it out and back again without requiring rescue, and that your plans are not likely to interfere with other science or the environment.  Do all that, and you'll get your permit, have fun out there!

There were testimonies from early expeditions that they (the travelers) were puzzled why they seemed to be heading towards a limitless distance while traveling beyond the "south pole" by plane, and they had testified that there are vast of lands out there.
Can you remember which expedition(s) this testimony came from?  I would be interested to read it.

Offline cel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
no one is now allowed to make expedition beyond the ice border (south pole) of the earth as shown in the FE map.
Time and time again we've had to address this point: "Not allowed" is simply NOT TRUE!  One has to get permits from the governments which administer the Antarctic, and in order to get one you have to demonstrate that by virtue of equipment and experience you are likely to make it out and back again without requiring rescue, and that your plans are not likely to interfere with other science or the environment.  Do all that, and you'll get your permit, have fun out there!

There were testimonies from early expeditions that they (the travelers) were puzzled why they seemed to be heading towards a limitless distance while traveling beyond the "south pole" by plane, and they had testified that there are vast of lands out there.
Can you remember which expedition(s) this testimony came from?  I would be interested to read it.

For GEs, it's simply easier said than done. UN and US of course are not that fool to just let you in unlike if there are no prohibition rules or treaty. O common, we're not born yesterday. Lift the treaty up, and people or the FEs will be encouraged to go expedition just like in the good old days... why not try it yourself, man, and enjoy and prove that there isn't any places or lands beyond... by the way, bring also a FE map with you just in case you'll be puzzled when you'll find yourself going into nowhere or no man's land as testified by travelers in the old world... :)

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 05:43:09 AM »
Still hoping for an answer to this question.  Absent one I will just assume you made it up, and I can ignore this supposed "testimony"

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
No because it is irrelevent and unknown. 

Does the vast unknown scare you shills???? 
I bet it does. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »

I bet it does.
It's really not irrelevant.

Shills? Really? What are you, 14?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »

I bet it does.
It's really not irrelevant.

Shills? Really? What are you, 14?
Do you want an "edge" that should be quite accessible, yet, to my knowledge, never detected?

Take a peek at this extract from another post:
Rabinoz, I support the Bi-Polar model, so I don't know what you are trying to prove to me there.
So the various Flat Earth Societies still can't agree on the shape of the flat earth, how interesting?
And, Rowbotham was completely wrong about his continental layout on the right!
But if Rowbotham was so much in error on the very layout of the continents on the flat earth, how are we to know when his other explanations are valid and when they are not?

But really, the bipolar map has more ridiculous shapes of continents than the "Ice-Wall" map.

Another alternative model descripting Antarctica as a distinct continent.
"There is still an "ice wall" in this model, but it not Antarctica.
Beyond the rays of the sun the waters will naturally freeze."

Evidence, please, oh, please!

Australia, USA and Canada are certainly not that shape.

There's more in Re: Merely mistaken « Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 04:58:52 PM » and following posts.

:) Enjoy!  :)

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2016, 02:49:52 AM »

Really?

My best friend is a pilot, he flies Twin Otters for a small cargo company. He is posted there for 2 months every year usually from mid-January to mid-March doing supply runs for the various scientific outposts located all over Antarctica. Pretty sure he would know for sure if it was one big wall around a flat disc. Unless.... omg he must be in on the whole conspiracy as well.

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:38 PM »

Really?

My best friend is a pilot, he flies Twin Otters for a small cargo company. He is posted there for 2 months every year usually from mid-January to mid-March doing supply runs for the various scientific outposts located all over Antarctica. Pretty sure he would know for sure if it was one big wall around a flat disc. Unless.... omg he must be in on the whole conspiracy as well.

And he would attest to the 24 hour sun, but would be scoffed at and called a NASA agent by the FE'ers, so obviously he is lying! You know you can't win here by knowing someone, that is not how FE works.