Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1240 on: November 30, 2021, 05:52:51 PM »
Wearing a mask is "subservient", and the government is stoking fear. Yet your mandates, banning chips, metal bars in front of shops only allowing the emaciated to get in, no TV after midnight, vilifying fat people, that's at all not subservient and stoking government fear? What's the government penalty for eating banned, contraband chips in your new world order?  I thought you were against most government intervention in people's personal lives. Now you seem super gung-ho at the government peering into your cabinets and checking your scale and penalizing you accordingly. What a bizarre thorkian twist.

None of my laws were laws against the public. That is the difference. all of my laws were laws at corporations that have made people sick in the last 60 years.

Changing weights and measures of sweets dictates to a corporation ... but they already have all kinds of laws like you have to metal detect your goods and weigh them before you can sell them. I'm adding corporate nudging to change lifestyles.
If Netflix must shut between midnight and 8am ... how is that different to any other shop having trading hours?
Putting bars on a shop to make sure only slimmer people can enter for their own safety and health is no different to putting a height restriction on people wanting to use a rollercoaster. And again, it's the shop that is being mandated at ... not the public.
School is compulsory anyway. Why would making the lessons in it such as cooking or sports be any more draconian.

Every suggestion forced corporations to make the changes. Our government never takes on corporations. Instead they want to force me into being vaccinated, force me to wear a mask, force me to work from home, force me to self isolate. Governments attack people and their sovereignty. I would have gone after the corporations instead because a corporation is a legal entity but it doesn't have feelings. 
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 30, 2021, 06:32:54 PM »
Wearing a mask is "subservient", and the government is stoking fear. Yet your mandates, banning chips, metal bars in front of shops only allowing the emaciated to get in, no TV after midnight, vilifying fat people, that's at all not subservient and stoking government fear? What's the government penalty for eating banned, contraband chips in your new world order?  I thought you were against most government intervention in people's personal lives. Now you seem super gung-ho at the government peering into your cabinets and checking your scale and penalizing you accordingly. What a bizarre thorkian twist.

None of my laws were laws against the public. That is the difference. all of my laws were laws at corporations that have made people sick in the last 60 years.

Changing weights and measures of sweets dictates to a corporation ... but they already have all kinds of laws like you have to metal detect your goods and weigh them before you can sell them. I'm adding corporate nudging to change lifestyles.
If Netflix must shut between midnight and 8am ... how is that different to any other shop having trading hours?
Putting bars on a shop to make sure only slimmer people can enter for their own safety and health is no different to putting a height restriction on people wanting to use a rollercoaster. And again, it's the shop that is being mandated at ... not the public.
School is compulsory anyway. Why would making the lessons in it such as cooking or sports be any more draconian.

Every suggestion forced corporations to make the changes. Our government never takes on corporations. Instead they want to force me into being vaccinated, force me to wear a mask, force me to work from home, force me to self isolate. Governments attack people and their sovereignty. I would have gone after the corporations instead because a corporation is a legal entity but it doesn't have feelings.

Actually, they are all against the corporations and the public .

- What if I make my own chips and am eating them in public? Does a cop come up and bust me for eating contraband chips? I'm an individual, not a corporation. But now I have to spend 10 days in the hole and pay a fine for being in possession of illegal fried potato strips.
- I'm a small independent single-owner shop keeper. I'm going to put bars up to only let the slim get in - What if someone just wants to buy some shampoo, toothpaste, and toilet paper, but they are too portly to squeeze in? What if I decide not to put bars up? Am I fined, imprisoned? I'm just a person, not a corporation.
- I have no problem with compulsory cooking lessons. But then you are now going to have to mandate what a cooking teacher can cook as far as recipes go. Have fun with that.
- Shutting down TV? What's next, you're going to have corporations shut down internet access between those times too? Where does it stop? What if I'm swing-shift, work evenings, nights? I can't watch TV when I get home from work? The government is now denying access to information - That seems pretty draconian to me.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 30, 2021, 06:52:31 PM »
- What if I make my own chips and am eating them in public?
I'm not stopping you.

Does a cop come up and bust me for eating contraband chips?
No, I made a change to weights and measures. what you do in your own home is up to you. 

I'm an individual, not a corporation. But now I have to spend 10 days in the hole and pay a fine for being in possession of illegal fried potato strips.
You aren't selling potato chips. Therefore, you can serve them out in any quantity you like. But if you want to sell them to the public ... 40g bags please.

- I'm a small independent single-owner shop keeper. I'm going to put bars up to only let the slim get in - What if someone just wants to buy some shampoo, toothpaste, and toilet paper, but they are too portly to squeeze in?
I only applied the law to fast food outlets and bakeries. McDonalds don't sell shampoo to the best of my knowledge.

What if I decide not to put bars up? Am I fined, imprisoned? I'm just a person, not a corporation.
If you are a business owner, sure. You can be imprisoned for not complying with the law. That's pretty much how life is anyway.

- I have no problem with compulsory cooking lessons. But then you are now going to have to mandate what a cooking teacher can cook as far as recipes go. Have fun with that.
Its called a syllabus. If you can mandate what kids learn in History class, you can mandate which basic meals they should learn to cook.

- Shutting down TV? What's next, you're going to have corporations shut down internet access between those times too?
I didn't say that, did I? Mindlessly binge-watching box sets of shitty US sitcoms until 3am isn't the same as checking your facebook before you go to bed.

Where does it stop? What if I'm swing-shift, work evenings, nights?
Then you will be used to things being shut when you are working.  ::)

I can't watch TV when I get home from work? The government is now denying access to information - That seems pretty draconian to me.
Turning off Netflix is no different to making sure the pubs shut at closing time. No, you cannot drink until 4am on a Tuesday, and no, you can't stay up all night watching Squid Game. You've got work tomorrow. If you can't be an adult, my government will help steer you in the right direction and will do it by preventing corporations from leading you astray.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 06:55:14 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 30, 2021, 08:01:01 PM »
I'm not stopping you.
So it's not illegal like me cooking my own meth?

No, I made a change to weights and measures. what you do in your own home is up to you. 

I'm not in my own house, I'm munching on a street corner.

I'm an individual, not a corporation. But now I have to spend 10 days in the hole and pay a fine for being in possession of illegal fried potato strips.
You aren't selling potato chips. Therefore, you can serve them out in any quantity you like. But if you want to sell them to the public ... 40g bags please.

So if I sell them at 41g a bag, I'm busted? What's the penalty? I'm just an individual, how is that a corporate thing?

- I'm a small independent single-owner shop keeper. I'm going to put bars up to only let the slim get in - What if someone just wants to buy some shampoo, toothpaste, and toilet paper, but they are too portly to squeeze in?
I only applied the law to fast food outlets and bakeries. McDonalds don't sell shampoo to the best of my knowledge.

I sell fast-food type items and baked goods in my little old corner store. Along with shampoo, toothpaste, and toilet paper. I'm not a corporation.

What if I decide not to put bars up? Am I fined, imprisoned? I'm just a person, not a corporation.
If you are a business owner, sure. You can be imprisoned for not complying with the law. That's pretty much how life is anyway.

I'm not a corporation, I'm an individual. How is this only corporate oriented?

Its called a syllabus. If you can mandate what kids learn in History class, you can mandate which basic meals they should learn to cook.

Like I said, have fun with that. Who mandates what the approved recipes are? Some may say vegan is the only healthy diet that should be taught. Some may say keto. Who decides?

- Shutting down TV? What's next, you're going to have corporations shut down internet access between those times too?
I didn't say that, did I? Mindlessly binge-watching box sets of shitty US sitcoms until 3am isn't the same as checking your facebook before you go to bed.

I know you didn't say that, but where does it stop? I mindlessly binge-watch plenty of shitty US sitcoms on my computer via the internet at 3 AM. Are you going to stop me from doing that?

Where does it stop? What if I'm swing-shift, work evenings, nights?
Then you will be used to things being shut when you are working.  ::)

So now you are taking something away from me because you don't like shitty US sitcoms? You disapprove of the content and are saving me from myself. You're worse than any existing mandate and basically acting as thought police.

I can't watch TV when I get home from work? The government is now denying access to information - That seems pretty draconian to me.
Turning off Netflix is no different to making sure the pubs shut at closing time. No, you cannot drink until 4am on a Tuesday, and no, you can't stay up all night watching Squid Game. You've got work tomorrow. If you can't be an adult, my government will help steer you in the right direction and will do it by preventing corporations from leading you astray.

So now you've defined adult behavior as not watching content in the wee hours in my own home? What if I don't have work tomorrow? Saturday and all. What if I said I found public swimming facilities a cesspool of bacteria and we apparently don't have the necessary means of properly maintaining them with adequate standards and governmental resources for safety testing and mitigation measures. So we are now shutting them all down. And bicycling has been deemed very dangerous. The health benefits don't outweigh the amount of infrastructure and resource needs, e.g., bike lane construction/maintenance, health services, etc. So, bicycling has been banned. Because that's my decision based upon my health benefits assessment.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 30, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
I'm not stopping you.
So it's not illegal like me cooking my own meth?
I haven't made eating crisps illegal. I have only made selling them in denominations other than 40g illegal. Unless you own a crisp factory, you're fine.

I'm not in my own house, I'm munching on a street corner.
I don't care. I'm not after you. I'm after the corporations. That's the whole point. I legislated at businesses, not people.

So if I sell them at 41g a bag, I'm busted? What's the penalty? I'm just an individual, how is that a corporate thing?
If you are selling them, you are a business. Otherwise it is illegal as you aren't paying taxes.
Quote from: https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/weights-and-measures
Nearly all measurable goods must have their quantities stated in metric amounts - for example, kilograms, litres or metres. Note that the pint must be used for draught beer, lager and cider; milk in returnable bottles may also be sold by the pint.

Equivalent 'imperial' quantities - such as pounds, ounces, pints and yards - can be given in addition to the required metric indications, but they must not be more prominent.

Some products have to be sold in particular quantities:

unwrapped loaves of bread without any weight indication given: 400 g or 800 g or any other multiple of 400 g
beer, lager and cider: 1⁄3 pint, 1⁄2 pint, 2⁄3 pint or multiples of 1⁄2 pint
wine: 125 ml, 175 ml or multiples of 125 ml or 175 ml
whisky, gin, rum or vodka: 25 ml or 35 ml or multiples of 25 ml or 35 ml
For detailed information, check the specific In-depth Guides below for the items you sell.
I'm only adding to laws that already exist. This isn't revolutionary. It is common sense.

I sell fast-food type items and baked goods in my little old corner store. Along with shampoo, toothpaste, and toilet paper. I'm not a corporation.
You get the bars. If it hurts your business, remove the bars and remove the fast food. This is like complaining that you own a petrol station and are not allowed to sell pints of beer as well as petrol.

I'm not a corporation, I'm an individual. How is this only corporate oriented?
All the laws are aimed at companies who sell a service that is bad for you. I'm not saying "You can't go on a train without a mask on  >o<". I'm saying Mars can't sell you a Mars bar that weighs 90g.

Like I said, have fun with that. Who mandates what the approved recipes are? Some may say vegan is the only healthy diet that should be taught. Some may say keto. Who decides?
In the UK, Ofsted approve the recipes. they report to parliament.

I know you didn't say that, but where does it stop? I mindlessly binge-watch plenty of shitty US sitcoms on my computer via the internet at 3 AM. Are you going to stop me from doing that?
I'm going to stop streaming services from providing that service. You can do what you like. Maybe you will use a VPN? But my nudging stopped millions of people ... not all people, but millions from staying up all night watching trash TV.

So now you are taking something away from me because you don't like shitty US sitcoms? You disapprove of the content and are saving me from myself. You're worse than any existing mandate and basically acting as thought police.
No, you can watch shitty sitcoms. But not at 3am. This isn't hard. You can't buy a beer at 3am either. The pubs are shut by law. I am only stipulating the hours at which they companies can offer their services. That is very common already. Construction companies are not allowed to operate near built up areas all through the night. Most airports have to stop operating at night. I'm asking streaming companies to do the same.

So now you've defined adult behavior as not watching content in the wee hours in my own home? What if I don't have work tomorrow?
I don't give a fuck. Maybe you work nights. Doesn't matter, the pubs still shut regardless of YOUR waking hours.

What if I said I found public swimming facilities a cesspool of bacteria and we apparently don't have the necessary means of properly maintaining them with adequate standards and governmental resources for safety testing and mitigation measures. So we are now shutting them all down. And bicycling has been deemed very dangerous. The health benefits don't outweigh the amount of infrastructure and resource needs, e.g., bike lane construction/maintenance, health services, etc. So, bicycling has been banned. Because that's my decision based upon my health benefits assessment.
Yes, but you are a half wit and I am Thork. I have been ushered to leadership upon a wave of popularity and thrust into the seat of power. People want my guidance. No one has voted for you in my manifesto scenario. You're just an angry neck beard who is looking for things to complain about.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:36:14 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: November 30, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »

I'm going to stop streaming services from providing that service. You can do what you like. Maybe you will use a VPN? But my nudging stopped millions of people ... not all people, but millions from staying up all night watching trash TV.

I don't use streaming services to watch shitty US sitcoms. I can find them everywhere on the web, in part and in their entirety, not just on Hulu and Netflix. So you're going to have to shut down my entire interwebs. How do you post here and not know this?

No, you can watch shitty sitcoms. But not at 3am. This isn't hard. You can't buy a beer at 3am either. The pubs are shut by law. I am only stipulating the hours at which they companies can offer their services. That is very common already. Construction companies are not allowed to operate near built up areas all through the night. Most airports have to stop operating at night. I'm asking streaming companies to do the same.

See above. It's not just streaming services, it's everything. Again, how do you not know this?

And do you have data on the health risks of watching shitty US sitcoms at 3:01 AM?

So now you've defined adult behavior as not watching content in the wee hours in my own home? What if I don't have work tomorrow?
I don't give a fuck. Maybe you work nights. Doesn't matter, the pubs still shut regardless of YOUR waking hours.

What if I said I found public swimming facilities a cesspool of bacteria and we apparently don't have the necessary means of properly maintaining them with adequate standards and governmental resources for safety testing and mitigation measures. So we are now shutting them all down. And bicycling has been deemed very dangerous. The health benefits don't outweigh the amount of infrastructure and resource needs, e.g., bike lane construction/maintenance, health services, etc. So, bicycling has been banned. Because that's my decision based upon my health benefits assessment.

Yes, but you are a half wit and I am Thork. I have been ushered to leadership upon a wave of popularity and thrust into the seat of power. People want my guidance. No one has voted for you in my manifesto scenario. You're just an angry neck beard who is looking for things to complain about.

I'm pretty sure it's a universal truth that it's a blessing that you wield zero political power and have zero guidance sway over any portion of the populace.

And you want to mandate all of this, but have a problem wearing a mask into a shop.  ::)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 30, 2021, 11:16:01 PM »
I don't use streaming services to watch shitty US sitcoms. I can find them everywhere on the web, in part and in their entirety, not just on Hulu and Netflix. So you're going to have to shut down my entire interwebs. How do you post here and not know this?
I don't need to brick up a river to stem its flow. If I cut back the amount of access that is readily available, people will watch less ... partly because they'll have seen all the things they want to watch elsewhere and partly because many can't be bothered to hunt for stuff late when they are tired. I'm not trying to make every citizen go to bed on time every night. I'm nudging the population towards a more sensible lifestyle. some will, some won't, but those who will then save my health service billions.

See above. It's not just streaming services, it's everything. Again, how do you not know this?
Nudging.
https://govinsider.asia/innovation/six-ways-governments-nudging-citizens/

And do you have data on the health risks of watching shitty US sitcoms at 3:01 AM?
Do you think it is good for you to get not very much sleep? I don't need a fucking scientist to tell me things that are common sense.

I'm pretty sure it's a universal truth that it's a blessing that you wield zero political power and have zero guidance sway over any portion of the populace.

And you want to mandate all of this, but have a problem wearing a mask into a shop.  ::)
Again ... I don't intend to force anyone to do anything.

My manifesto changed corporate behaviour to nudge citizens to make better choices.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:37 PM »
I don't need to brick up a river to stem its flow. If I cut back the amount of access that is readily available, people will watch less ... partly because they'll have seen all the things they want to watch elsewhere and partly because many can't be bothered to hunt for stuff late when they are tired. I'm not trying to make every citizen go to bed on time every night. I'm nudging the population towards a more sensible lifestyle. some will, some won't, but those who will then save my health service billions.

Nudging.
https://govinsider.asia/innovation/six-ways-governments-nudging-citizens/

Do you think it is good for you to get not very much sleep? I don't need a fucking scientist to tell me things that are common sense.

"Sensible" as defined by you. Scary.

There's nothing in that article that references sleep deprivation and "nudges" governments.

Do you have any data stating that people are getting less sleep because they are staying up past 3 AM watching shitty US sitcoms?

Again ... I don't intend to force anyone to do anything.

My manifesto changed corporate behaviour to nudge citizens to make better choices.

But you are forcing people. You can't watch TV after 3 AM = You can't go into a shop without a mask. So you're forced to have to find another way to consume media content after 3 AM if you want and you're forced to have to find another way, maybe delivery perhaps, to get from a shop what you want w/o a mask. What's the difference? Both mandates could be for be the betterment of health, right?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 05, 2021, 04:07:17 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 06, 2021, 05:08:43 AM »
Our plan is working perfectly.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

Soon, every American state will vote democratic.

Shush Dave! Every liberal knows the plan of course but if the Toms of the world actually take you seriously it may not work!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 06, 2021, 12:54:53 PM »
Do you have any data stating that people are getting less sleep because they are staying up past 3 AM watching shitty US sitcoms?
Search your feelings. Or search Google.

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50140111
Heavy social media use linked to poor sleep

Quote from: https://www.verlo.com/blog/how-binge-watching-affects-your-sleep/
How Binge Watching Affects Your Sleep

C'mon. You didn't need a source to know that people stay up consuming shitty media instead of sleeping and that it would be bad for them. Even the invention of the lightbulb badly hurt our sleeping patterns. https://nationalpost.com/opinion/book-excerpt-how-the-lightbulb-disrupted-our-sleeping-patterns-and-changed-the-world

On demand access to media is just overkill for many people. A media curfew wouldn't hurt.

But you are forcing people.
No I'm not. Right now the government does not provide teleports. Does that mean that you can describe them as forcing people to use the bus? Is this refusal to provide the teleport service so many people want and need draconian of them? Not providing something at a certain time is not the same as forcing someone to perform a specific action that you mandate them to.

You can't watch TV after 3 AM = You can't go into a shop without a mask.
No. See above.

So you're forced to have to find another way to consume media content after 3 AM
No! You are supposed to go to Th>o<rking bed! 

if you want and you're forced to have to find another way, maybe delivery perhaps, to get from a shop what you want w/o a mask. What's the difference? Both mandates could be for be the betterment of health, right?
Using a shop is a fundamental part of life. Ancient Romans went into shops. You go into a shop to get the things you need ... like food. Forcing me to cover my face in a shop is fascism. Its not a nudge. It is a dehumanising act of subservience that serves ZERO benefit. A bit of cloth on your face does not prevent disease spreading. This is why medical staff use proper masks. Not bits of cloth. Masks are about obedience ... not science.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 06, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »
A media curfew wouldn't hurt...Masks are about obedience ... not science.

A media curfew is supported by science? Going to a shop is a fundamental right? Here in the States a lot of shops have this posted:

I guess that's taking a fundamental right away? So the goal is "obedience"? The benefit to mandate makers is....? And a media curfew isn't forced "obedience"?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 06, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
A media curfew wouldn't hurt...Masks are about obedience ... not science.

A media curfew is supported by science? Going to a shop is a fundamental right? Here in the States a lot of shops have this posted:

I guess that's taking a fundamental right away? So the goal is "obedience"? The benefit to mandate makers is....? And a media curfew isn't forced "obedience"?
Refuse service to a black man, brown man, or woman. See how legit that sign is then.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #1253 on: December 06, 2021, 05:52:54 PM »
They are a protected class, so it would be a different situation.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 07, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »
Some of these businesses run by Neosociofacist mini tyrants have oppressed our nation for years by demanding that we wear shoes, shirts, pants. Now these bastards are making us wear masks or face the brutality of not being served a vanilla, half-caf, mocha-latte with extra choco sprinkles.

It's the same thing the Nazis did as they swept across Europe.

I'm not going to be subjugated by these monsters!
The pants are coming off!!!
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 07, 2021, 01:35:57 PM »
Be like the doctor! Take off your pants and jacket 😏

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 09, 2021, 04:09:42 PM »
The US Senate votes to overturn the vaccine mandate:
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 09, 2021, 06:08:15 PM »

I hope they overturn it.
I hope Biden tells everyone to stop all mandates.
I hope that only 52% of all republicans are vaccinated and 100% of democrats are.

Know why?
Because the people dying are mostly unvaccinated.  Which are mostly republicans.
And since no state is 100% full of republicans, guess what happens to those nice, red states when a few million republicans in them die?

That state goes from red to blue.

So yes, I want all mandates stopped so that no more republicans will take the vaccine.  (because they would have already if they wanted to.)
I want to see all those midwestern states go blue in the next election as they purge their voter rolls of the dead.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1258 on: December 09, 2021, 06:10:32 PM »

I hope they overturn it.
I hope Biden tells everyone to stop all mandates.
I hope that only 52% of all republicans are vaccinated and 100% of democrats are.

Know why?
Because the people dying are mostly unvaccinated.  Which are mostly republicans.
And since no state is 100% full of republicans, guess what happens to those nice, red states when a few million republicans in them die?

That state goes from red to blue.

So yes, I want all mandates stopped so that no more republicans will take the vaccine.  (because they would have already if they wanted to.)
I want to see all those midwestern states go blue in the next election as they purge their voter rolls of the dead.

That’s fucked up. Hoping people die so you can win an election is some real ghoul shit.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 09, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »
I thought this might be pertinent here:

Interesting visual. Based upon CDC data a redditer put together this graph. It shows U.S. COVID-19 Deaths by Vaccine Status:

That June - September Delta spike is especially concerning. Hopefully, we won't get another one like it over the holidays.