Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 11:12:09 PM »
I finished the main story. It was p fun. I might pick it back up after the inevitable patches and DLC.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 02:48:33 AM »
They can fix the bugs and glitches with patches, but I think we're stuck with the janky combat and driving, the rudimentary AI, and the shallow, non-immersive open world. Also, the NYT has an article on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 09:31:22 PM »
This is interesting.

Looks like they do have some form of police pursuit AI, it's just (mostly) disabled. There's a similar video about gang pursuits. Seems like it's something that was planned, but they couldn't get it to work in time. I think there's a decent chance we'll see these things added back in a patch.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:34:02 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 04:41:22 AM »
Cyberpunk 2022

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
How does it end? I can't beat the game because I keep getting sidetracked by side missions.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »
(responding to a post from junker, which he deleted because he is a coward)

My issues with the immersion have nothing to do with the writing or worldbuilding, which I actually think is quite good for the most part. It's the aforementioned AI, the behavior of NPCs, and the general way the world works. If you commit a crime that no one sees, the police spawn out of nowhere right next to you, and you can easily escape them by simply breaking their line of sight for a short while. If you rescue a cowering NPC from gang members, they'll continue to cower without so much as a "thank you" or an acknowledgment that their situation has changed. If you park your car in the street, traffic will come to an absolute halt with no one making any effort to get around you. If you wave around weapons or fire in the air, NPCs around you will cower for a moment and then continue to ignore you, and NPCs in vehicles won't notice you at all. Sometimes NPCs and vehicles will vanish and be replaced by different ones if you look away from them for a moment. These aren't glitches; they're the game responding to the slightest and simplest of player interactions. Cybermeme's world hangs together by a shred, and has been outdone by pretty much any GTA clone from the last gen or the one before it.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2020, 04:38:48 AM »
the behavior of NPCs, and the general way the world works. If you commit a crime that no one sees, the police spawn out of nowhere right next to you, and you can easily escape them by simply breaking their line of sight for a short while. If you rescue a cowering NPC from gang members, they'll continue to cower without so much as a "thank you" or an acknowledgment that their situation has changed. If you park your car in the street, traffic will come to an absolute halt with no one making any effort to get around you. If you wave around weapons or fire in the air, NPCs around you will cower for a moment and then continue to ignore you, and NPCs in vehicles won't notice you at all. Sometimes NPCs and vehicles will vanish and be replaced by different ones if you look away from them for a moment.

I am glad you know how to read Reddit threads...

How many of these things did you experience yourself and how many did you copy/paste from things you read about from other people who were busy having fun with the game?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »
Are you really skeptical of the fact that over the course of my playing this game, I have: a) accidentally committed a crime and had to run from the police; b) completed a "street crime" by killing the gang members before they could kill the non-hostile NPC they were attacking; c) parked in the street and observed traffic come to a complete halt (bear in mind that there are no parking spots in the entire city; you have to park on either the road or the sidewalk); d) accidentally swung or fired my weapons in a non-hostile area and noticed the reactions from passers-by; e) turned around on occasion and noticed that people or vehicles that were there a moment ago have vanished? These are not obscure scenarios that only weirdos looking to break the game are going to find themselves in. They're just ordinary interactions with the game that virtually all ordinary players will be having.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2020, 05:58:08 AM »
There are actually a few parking garages and parking lots. I know for sure there's a parking garage just near your apartment.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2020, 06:17:22 AM »
Are you really skeptical of the fact that over the course of my playing this game, I have: a) accidentally committed a crime and had to run from the police; b) completed a "street crime" by killing the gang members before they could kill the non-hostile NPC they were attacking; c) parked in the street and observed traffic come to a complete halt (bear in mind that there are no parking spots in the entire city; you have to park on either the road or the sidewalk); d) accidentally swung or fired my weapons in a non-hostile area and noticed the reactions from passers-by; e) turned around on occasion and noticed that people or vehicles that were there a moment ago have vanished? These are not obscure scenarios that only weirdos looking to break the game are going to find themselves in. They're just ordinary interactions with the game that virtually all ordinary players will be having.

I will take this to mean you are mostly doing a copy/paste of complaints other people have posted and made memes about.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
There are actually a few parking garages and parking lots. I know for sure there's a parking garage just near your apartment.

My bad, I forgot about the parking garage in your apartment building.

I will take this to mean you are mostly doing a copy/paste of complaints other people have posted and made memes about.

You are dumb and you post dumb things. Also, have a Dunkey video:

Everything Dunkey says is right.

ROFLROFLROFL

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2021, 11:39:49 PM »
the early version of the game sucked and was glitchy as heck! not only is it bugged it also was so bad that compared to any rockstar game is like a ant while all rockstar games are like a human that kill the ant.( watch the video on youtube that shows how red dead redemshion is better than cyberpunk 2077, even Gta 4 is better than it)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2021, 08:59:12 PM »
After taking a few months off, I finally returned to the game and have now beaten it. I unironically agree with most of what Dunkey said in his review. Even setting all the bugs and glitches aside - and the bugs and glitches are easily the game's biggest problem - this is still an enormously flawed game, far more so than I would have expected from the developers of TW3. The combat is mindless busy work, as putting just a few levels into your primary skill makes it easy to curb-stomp almost anything the game can throw at you, unless you have the bad luck to step on a mine or stand next to a gas tank someone shoots at. The driving is awful. The motorcycles aren't too bad, but literally every car in the game handles like dogshit and feels very bad to drive. Traversing Night City is a chore sometimes, too. It's full of these super tall fences that you can't jump over and fenced-off roads that you can't drive onto and just annoying little obstructions in general that force you to take long roundabout routes to get to wherever you're going. Something that happened quite a bit was that I'd warp to a spot that on the map looked to be right next to my objective, but when I spawned there, it turned out that the warp point was on top of a tall building that I couldn't jump off of, or the objective was surrounded by a huge wall with the only entrance being a good distance away from me. The badlands don't have as many obstructions as the city proper, but they compensate for that by making the already-shitty vehicles handle even more poorly when off-roading, so you'll constantly be bouncing and rolling and spinning out as you try to drive to your objective. I'm not saying I should just be able to teleport to wherever I want to be at all times and have the game served up on a silver platter to me, but it's just a pain in the ass to constantly have to be spending several minutes running to your objective because the game forces you to go so far out of your way.

And here's something that really baffles me. When you've completed most of the main story and reached the point of no return, then, and only then, do you unlock the questlines for Rogue and Kerry. Rogue only has a couple of quests, but Kerry has seven. And all of these are punctuated by waiting periods of several in-game hours, and in some cases whole days. (Granted, there's an option to skip time, but there's no way that repeatedly skipping 24 hours of in-game time was the intended playstyle.) Bear in mind, at this point in the main quest, V has realized that their time is very limited, and the story is about to reach the climax. I have to ask, why? That's not rhetorical. I seriously want to know why this game holds off on introducing you to a very lengthy optional questline until you've literally reached the point of no return in the main story. It's such weird, confusing placement.

There is a bright side to the game, and it comes in the form of its story and setting. For all my complaints about the world's lack of responsiveness and difficulty in smoothly traversing it, Night City is beautiful, atmospheric, and reflects a level of detail far above and beyond what most devs are willing to put into their games. It's things like the intricate designs of the vehicles, the weapons, the bars, the diners, and the different parts of the city, like the sleek and luxurious high-rises, the working-class neighborhoods full of dingy little shacks, and the seedy red-light district. Interaction is minimal and the AI obviously leaves a lot to be desired, but at least in terms of atmosphere and visual design, Night City is easily the most impressive city I've seen in an open-world video game. The story is also great, as I think pretty much everyone has already agreed. V is not the foul-mouthed edgelord the trailers portrayed them as, and I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that there's a ton of potential for character development for players who are so inclined. Character development that's actually acknowledged by the game's narrative and dialogue, I mean, not stuff that only exists in your head like "after a profound religious experience, my hunter dedicated his life to the service of Talos and began training as a knight." The supporting cast are similarly strong. They're not one-dimensional quest dispensers, but characters who feel like real people with their own personalities, needs, and goals. And the romantic relationships you can begin with certain characters are genuinely very nice. Panam is best girl.

In closing, Cybermeme reminds me a lot of Bethesda games. It's flawed to such a degree that I'd hesitate to call it an unambiguously good game, but I loved playing through it, and I'm sure I'll do so again in the future, although subsequent playthroughs will definitely be a lot less completionist than this one was. I really wish the game had cut down on the number of assaults/reported crimes and given us more interesting sidequests instead.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:34:13 AM by honk »