Fermi's paradox
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:09:41 PM »
I'm non-FE (Glober?) but interested in FE just because I like exploring all different viewpoints on any topic, and this is different stuff to say the least! Anyway, one of the first places my mind went when thinking about the whole debate is what about aliens, and the total lack of them so far?

It seems a pretty obvious thing to jump on. Round Earth predicts that we're floating in the middle of a dark void, surrounded by worlds similar to our own - at least in terms of basic shape - and that we should've picked up some radio signals from other intelligent life by now, but we haven't. Flat Earth I'm guessing predicts that any alien life would be somewhere over the ice wall, not anywhere up in the sky.

I skimmed the tfes wiki already, didn't spot any reference to the Fermi paradox. Is there any reason this doesn't get brought up as a topic for flat Earth more often? Thanks

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
Re: Fermi's paradox
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 11:34:31 PM »
Some have proposed that intelligent civilizations never get to the point of interstellar travel be a use society rips itself apart warring with each other before that can be achieved. I cant remember the name of that theory, but I read it recently in regards to the current state of our society and the supposed arms race in space.
BobLawBlah.

Mysfit

Re: Fermi's paradox
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
I believe most flat theories (non-religious ones) consider earth to be the only place that can support life. Either due to it’s flatness or some other unique phenomenon/phenomena.

I like to think of us as the cleverest and noisiest so far.