Online Interview- The Subject of Flat Earth in the Class Room
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:23:43 AM »
Dear Members of The Flat Earth Society,

Hello! My name is Mrs. Warren. I am a graduate student at Middle Tennessee State University and I am currently conducting interviews with anyone and everyone who maintains non-mainstream knowledge or minority beliefs. If you would like to answer any of my questions, this is a great opportunity to have your ideas shared with a small class audience (of course all usernames will remain confidential). Here are a couple questions I have in regards to Flat Earth Theory:

1. What is the definition of Flat Earth Theory?

2. How did you learn about it? Or did you come to this knowledge by your own research and reasoning?

3. How might you convince an open minded individual who does not yet believe in Flat Earth Theory?

4. Have you ever tried to teach someone but failed? Have you ever tried to teach someone and succeeded?

5. Why do you think you failed or succeeded?

6. Why do you think Flat Earth Theory is the minority belief as opposed to the assumption that the earth is round? Why isn't this being taught in schools?

7. Do you think a day will come when Flat Earth Theory does indeed become widely accepted/will be taught in schools, or do you think the mainstream belief that the earth is round will continue? 

8. Would you personally be satisfied with a compromise in the classroom, with both Flat Earth and Round Earth ideas being presented to the students?

9. Has your non-mainstream worldview affected your life in a positive or negative way?

10. Are people generally open-minded towards you or do people usually react negatively to your non-mainstream ideas? Do you choose to tell other people at all? (Other than over the internet).

Thanks to anyone who chooses to write a response, your time is appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:34:28 AM by MTSU-Interviews »

devils advocate

Re: Online Interview- The Subject of Flat Earth in the Class Room
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
Hi Mrs Warren

I am a round earther but I feel bad that no-one has responsed to you yet. I joined this site having been brought up being told earth was a ball but with an open mind.

To be fair I have had lots of questions answered by flat earth believers and they took the time to explain their points of view but.........there were too many questions that remain unanswered and there has been nothing that constitutes evidence to doubt the globe. I think 3DGeek, Douglips and others have bee relentless lately in their onslaughts on RE proofs and the flat earthers are hibernating......... :o

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
I thought Tenn was the bible belt?

Maybe she already took the mark....

Warren everything you seek is in the good book. Read it than get back to us.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:20:31 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:50:57 PM »
In my few weeks here I have seen several of these types of requests, interviews, class research, etc. Oddly, there never seems to be any serious response from those that claim to believe in the flat Earth (I am definitely not one of them).

It is quite strange to me why they made the effort to create this online community allegedly to spread their beliefs, but then frequently pass on opportunities to share those beliefs.

Maybe it's all a big practical joke. I'm honestly not sure. My opinion goes back and forth on that.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »
In my few weeks here I have seen several of these types of requests, interviews, class research, etc. Oddly, there never seems to be any serious response from those that claim to believe in the flat Earth (I am definitely not one of them).

It is quite strange to me why they made the effort to create this online community allegedly to spread their beliefs, but then frequently pass on opportunities to share those beliefs.

Maybe it's all a big practical joke. I'm honestly not sure. My opinion goes back and forth on that.

These are alts making the same requests over and over again. Really whats the point in answering ? Come to the forum, make post for a month, let us in on how you roll and then I'll let you have it. Both barrels >>
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:30:35 PM »

These are alts making the same requests over and over again. Really whats the point in answering ? Come to the forum, make post for a month, let us in on how you roll and then I'll let you have it. Both barrels >>
To the original poster... See what I mean? Perfect example of what I was talking about. If they really believed in this flat Earth nonsense and wanted to educate all of us who have been "fooled" by the round Earth conspiracy, then why pass on an opportunity to teach?

I'm not sure if the term "alt" is apparent to anyone new on the forum. But he is claiming that you have created multiple online identities here and have posted this same question several times under different identities. I have no idea why that would be relevant even if it was true. (Which I have no way of knowing, so I won't dispute the point).  Just a attempt to allow him to ignore your question I think.

He might have said the same thing about me at one point (not really sure). But this is my only user id on this forum/website.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »

1. What is the definition of Flat Earth Theory?

2. How did you learn about it? Or did you come to this knowledge by your own research and reasoning?

3. How might you convince an open minded individual who does not yet believe in Flat Earth Theory?

4. Have you ever tried to teach someone but failed? Have you ever tried to teach someone and succeeded?

5. Why do you think you failed or succeeded?

6. Why do you think Flat Earth Theory is the minority belief as opposed to the assumption that the earth is round? Why isn't this being taught in schools?

7. Do you think a day will come when Flat Earth Theory does indeed become widely accepted/will be taught in schools, or do you think the mainstream belief that the earth is round will continue? 

8. Would you personally be satisfied with a compromise in the classroom, with both Flat Earth and Round Earth ideas being presented to the students?

9. Has your non-mainstream worldview affected your life in a positive or negative way?

10. Are people generally open-minded towards you or do people usually react negatively to your non-mainstream ideas? Do you choose to tell other people at all? (Other than over the internet).

Ok, its my day off and I'll give this a go.

Caveat, I'm a Christian FEer and my views don't necessarily reflect all the views of the society.

1. That the earth is flat and motionless, heaven is above us and hell is beneath. There is also a firmament.
2. While researching Antartica and quite by accident I stumbled across it.   
3. I would encourage them to research it for themselves, there's more than enough info out there.
4. I have never succeeded convincing anyone but I have got people looking at it.
5. This knowledge is simply too much for most people, I was already geocentric so I was half way there.
6. People (even Christians) have been blinded to truth, we are not just wrestling with flesh and blood.
7. I dont believe so, I'm Amilennial, and this darkness will continue until the return of Christ in glory.
8. Creation theory never gets a fair hearing and either will Flat Earth, (devils gotta get em young)
9. Its been negative, I have lost my church, it has placed some stress on my marriage.
10. I tell everyone, nobody seems bothered by it, they probably just think I'm nuts.

Again, I am coming from a Christian Perspective here.
This will definately not be representative of the majority of FEers on this site.
I am in the minority, but yeah, thats how I roll.

Thanks, that was kind of fun  ;)   

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »
Hats off to Dither for his honest answers.  Sociology is a fascinating subject. 

To be honest, I’m not sure why J-man answered a nonjudgmental question so aggressively, but I’m sure his answer is probably just as useful to Mrs Warren as the others.  I hope he finds that annoying, and I’m not usually a vindictive person.

I’d love to hear to outcome of Mrs Warren’s research if she chose to share it.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
Hi Mrs Warren

I am a round earther but I feel bad that no-one has responsed to you yet. I joined this site having been brought up being told earth was a ball but with an open mind.

To be fair I have had lots of questions answered by flat earth believers and they took the time to explain their points of view but.........there were too many questions that remain unanswered and there has been nothing that constitutes evidence to doubt the globe. I think 3DGeek, Douglips and others have bee relentless lately in their onslaughts on RE proofs and the flat earthers are hibernating......... :o

False, all real flat earthers know what a joke this website is.  This website / forum does not represent a true FE'ers views and therefore anyone with true beliefs of flat earth recognizes this and stays away from this website which is intended to mislead people early on and sway them away from the truth.  There are a few people who spend 8 hours a day 7 days a week who are probably paid by some form of govt / agency. 

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
Therefore Gary, you are part who of the conspiracy to discredit the flat earth community, otherwise, by your own admission, you wouldn’t be here.

I’m sure Mrs Warren is getting lots of material for her study on conspiracy theorists! 

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
Therefore Gary, you are part who of the conspiracy to discredit the flat earth community, otherwise, by your own admission, you wouldn’t be here.

I’m sure Mrs Warren is getting lots of material for her study on conspiracy theorists!

This is hardly the flat earth community

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »

This is hardly the flat earth community

Which begs the question, why are you here ?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
Personally I just like slashing up demons and this site has dozens of them.

Scary: "There are a few people who spend 8 hours a day 7 days a week who are probably paid by some form of govt / agency."

I buy this, slash-boink-kick, this is J-Man..... 

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 07:00:06 PM »

Scary: "There are a few people who spend 8 hours a day 7 days a week who are probably paid by some form of govt / agency."

J-Man, you appear to be the embodiment of Poe's Law, and hinder all forms of constructive discussions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:56:18 PM by gizmo910 »
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 07:08:22 PM »

J-Man, you appear to be the embodiment of Poe's Law, and hinder all forms of constructive discussions.

Now that was funny. I'll take a few weeks off, thanks for the opening, stage left...........><.............

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 10:54:31 PM »

Hadn't heard of Poe's Law, had to look it up. So perfect, thanks gizmo!

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »
J-Man, you appear to be the embodiment of Poe's Law,

And I was expecting something really Goth,  ::)

I'm also a member of Christian Forums so I can use that one.

And J Man, please don't go anywhere, I really enjoy your posts.  :)
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.