Ghost of V

Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #600 on: May 09, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »
I think you see male butts in Dragon Age sex scenes.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »
I think you see male butts in Dragon Age sex scenes.
You don't in Origins if you're a female romancing Alistair.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 09, 2015, 10:48:08 PM »
And I'm not even talking about getting to see his dick - just some ass. Just contextual ass.

You get to see his ass in The Witcher 3. So celebrate.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 09, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »
Yesssss. Swiggity swooty I'm coming for that booty.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 09, 2015, 11:59:44 PM »
I'm not even talking about sexualization. I'm just talking about both participants of sex being naked. There's literally no good excuse.

Also, the boyfriend just came in and said "the devs probably don't want to bother making male ass." This is why I legitimately think I could date Rushy.

I feel really bad for A&A.

Anyway, let's talk about how amazing Ori and the Blind Forest is. Because it is.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2015, 12:00:29 AM »
Okay. Now we've solved the mystery. Now can this thread go back to being about playing video games and not Rooster's Top Picks Thread #2?

I'm not even talking about sexualization. I'm just talking about both participants of sex being naked. There's literally no good excuse.

Also, the boyfriend just came in and said "the devs probably don't want to bother making male ass." This is why I legitimately think I could date Rushy.

It just means A&A should start posting again and stop being such a wanker.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2015, 01:57:45 AM »
Shut the fuck up, Andrew. You don't even know what you're saying.

But yes, he should start posting again.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 10, 2015, 02:13:26 AM »
Shut the fuck up, Andrew. You don't even know what you're saying.

Ori and the Blind Forest is actually a really good platformer. Its art style is beautiful and it's quite challenging.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:22:32 AM by Hollocron »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2015, 02:48:45 AM »
I am playing Wind Waker via the magic of emulators.  I have only partial experience with this game from playing a demo some time ago, so this is largely a new experience for me.  Anyway, when you first meet your boat (I can't say I'm a fan of the fact that your boat talks to you and is a character and everything), he tells you that he has no sail and can't move - and then in the very next line, says that he's brought you to some island or another.  Wow, great fucking writing, Nintendo.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:51 AM »
Couldn't he have brought you there and then lost his sail?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #610 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »
I am playing Wind Waker via the magic of emulators.  I have only partial experience with this game from playing a demo some time ago, so this is largely a new experience for me.  Anyway, when you first meet your boat (I can't say I'm a fan of the fact that your boat talks to you and is a character and everything), he tells you that he has no sail and can't move - and then in the very next line, says that he's brought you to some island or another.  Wow, great fucking writing, Nintendo.

Boats can still move without a sail, Saddam.

He's also a sentient sailboat and spoilers. I'm sure he figured out something.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:52:28 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 11, 2015, 09:52:40 AM »

You can move without the sail, it's just incredibly slow and tedious. Considering time is supposedly a factor in rescuing Aril, you can't afford to spend two weeks slowly cruising from island to island.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2015, 11:55:12 PM »
>has a problem with a Zelda thing
>doesn't immediately have me explain why he's wrong about it

This is my life, Saddam, you should know this. The King of Red Lions doesn't need a sail, as said, he just moves at breakneck snail speeds without one.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2015, 06:03:20 PM »
I'm sure what you're saying is true, but the dialogue in that scene was still confusing and contradictory.  It struck me as being lazy work on the part of the writers, and it really sticks out in a bad way, because if there's one thing that the rest of this game isn't, it's lazy.  And I still don't like that he talks to you.  Part of the immersion of being this cool, self-sufficient sailor going on whimsical adventures and the like is lost when he does things like interrupt you and say, "Oh, sorry, we're not going to go that way," and all that.  Bah.

In other news, I have finally returned to my AssCreed odyssey.  Revelations was a bit of a disappointment overall.  There were a few neat additions, like the hookblade, the new setting (I'd still have preferred multiple smaller cities to one big city, but I'm guessing that they keep that to the numbered titles), and the more creative missions, but for the most part, I felt like it had strayed too far from the roots of the series without offering enough good innovations of its own.  You do hardly any actual assassinating in it, the "local" story about Constantinople and its princes is convoluted, uninteresting, and ends on a very unsatisfying note, the romantic subplot was kind of icky (come on, Ezio, date women your own age), the den defense minigame was retarded and I made sure never to play it, your notoriety being easier to raise and more difficult to lower is annoying, and the combat is much more frustrating with most of the enemies relying mainly on shooting, which is for some reason tough to interrupt.  You wouldn't think it would be, but these soldiers are somehow easily able to dodge or block your attacks while continuing to aim their gun at you.

Still, I did like how it wrapped up the stories of Ezio and Altair while tying it into Desmond's, and while it does seem like they're relying heavily on the 2012 apocalypse bullshit as a plot device (way to date your game, Ubisoft), I'm excited to see where it's all going from here.

P.S. One thing that I forgot to mention about AssCreed II is that Mario introducing himself to you with "It's a-me, Mario!" made me painfully cringe.  I might have been okay with a Nintendo game doing something like that, but some random other studio putting that line in some random game is just...ugh.  Truly a terrible markjoke.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:05:07 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

« Reply #614 on: May 12, 2015, 07:09:22 PM »
Zelda usually always has a companion character that's there to guide you, whether you like it or not, it will just have to be something you'll have to overlook if you want to explore the entire series. And, there's an explanation for why the boat talks. It's not like it's left unexplained or anything.

As far as your concerns about the dialogue, it could just be a lazy localization. The translation as a whole didn't seem too bad to me, though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:10:59 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
Just finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I liked it, but not as much as Wolfenstein: The New Order.
The Mastery.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 14, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
Once you get past the first few islands, the game becomes less restrictive and becomes a lot more open-world, with KoRL barely speaking to you apart from in the cutscenes, then you can decide to go exploring the islands on your own, tracking down rare charts and the myriad minigames and side-quests.

In Zelda games, the first three temples are almost always hand-holding exercises.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 14, 2015, 04:53:30 PM »
Tried Dark Souls, died a bunch, stopped.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 14, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »
inb4git gud
The Mastery.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 14, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »
Tried Dark Souls, died a bunch, stopped.

Dark Souls is probably one of the best games of the decade.