Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1800 on: June 30, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »
Are you really arguing that because there may be some ACORN employees who did not support child-prostution, that puts the rest of them in the clear? That is a pretty bad argument.

None of the investigations are denying what was said in those offices. None are denying that those ACORN employees were supporting and guiding the criminal business. None of those investigations are denying it. They are calling it an "employee conduct issue". That means THEY ARE ACCEPTING BLAME. The government is merely trying to downplay the scandal.

It is alleged by critics that only the worst footage was shown, and that maybe if James O'Kafee was a little more thorough as a reporter, he would have found that not all of ACORN's employees supported child-prostitution. This is a laughable argument, however, and anyone who dare attempts a defense after seeing the footage is little more than a clown.

If it was a hoax ACORN would not have lost its government funding and shut down because these videos. That much is clear.

Things get shut down for PR reasons even when they are later proven innocent.
People are treated as guilty when proven innocent in a court of law.

Public perception is everything, truth is irrelevant.

Also:
It's easy to get everything said on those tapes.  Just frame it as a hypothetical.

"Hey, so... let's say I wanna catch some child prostitution ring leaders.  But to do it, I gotta blend it, right?  How would I do that?"
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 30, 2017, 08:31:42 PM »
Also:
It's easy to get everything said on those tapes.  Just frame it as a hypothetical.

"Hey, so... let's say I wanna catch some child prostitution ring leaders.  But to do it, I gotta blend it, right?  How would I do that?"

Is that what anyone involved in this scandal says happened?

« Reply #1802 on: June 30, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »
lol i seriously can't believe anyone thinks that acorn was a place where folks could come in like "hey i need help with my child prostitution ring," and then some total strangers are like "yeah sure no problem let me help you with your child prostitution ring."  of course, you're the same folks who think hilary clinton was running a child prostitution ring out of a neighborhood pizza shop in dc, so maybe i shouldn't be surprised.

None of the investigations are denying what was said in those offices.

they literally all do.

If it was a hoax ACORN would not have lost its government funding and shut down because these videos. That much is clear.

yeah, and if juan carlos vera had done the right thing and called the police to inform them of the prostitution ring, then he never would have been fired because of these videos. 

to be clear, what actually happened in the san diego case is that your boy filmed vera trying to do the right thing and get information on a people smuggler to give to the police.  and then edited the video to make it look like vera was actually a participant.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 01, 2017, 07:05:16 AM »
Also:

Is that what anyone involved in this scandal says happened?
More or less, yeah.  And apparently bits like "ACORN would never engage in what you suggest" were removed, audio was dubbed, questions were changed post recording.

With a hidden camera and edits, I could get you to "say" that the world is round and children are to be raped.  Really doesn't take much.

Better question is: why did they edit?  Why not use the raw footage?  It should be the same, yeah?  That alone should make you question the motives of the person who released it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1804 on: July 01, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 02, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 03, 2017, 06:53:24 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40474118

lolwut
CNN claiming that Trump is encouraging violence against the press with that tweet has got to be the funniest thing that happened throughout this presidency so far. Not by a long shot, the two scoops thing was nearly there, but yeah.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 03, 2017, 07:55:43 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40474118

lolwut
CNN claiming that Trump is encouraging violence against the press with that tweet has got to be the funniest thing that happened throughout this presidency so far. Not by a long shot, the two scoops thing was nearly there, but yeah.

To be fair to CNN, given how Trump is, he may actually BE doing that.  In his own head, wanting to physically beat up CNN like a bad-ass wrestler.

But like pro-wresteling, it's all fake.  Which is kinda ironic that he'd tweet about beating fake news with a fake sport.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 03, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
Nah, Trump's new thing is to act like an adult (kinda, sorta, not really) while the media lose their shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-40463972/chaos-erupts-in-the-oval-office

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »
Nah, Trump's new thing is to act like an adult (kinda, sorta, not really) while the media lose their shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-40463972/chaos-erupts-in-the-oval-office

Well yeah, the Media is gonna lose their shit cause Trump gives them nothing BUT shit.  So they have an overstock of shit that they need to unload.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 03, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
Trump is bad and therefore it's okay for the media to act like a crowd of 7-year-olds.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 03, 2017, 12:33:25 PM »

Some slight jostling in the Oval Office, proof that the media is losing their shit while Trump is the real adult! What a desperate reach.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 03, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Trump is bad and therefore it's okay for the media to act like a crowd of 7-year-olds.
It literally worked the other way around to make Trump president.

« Reply #1813 on: July 03, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
idgi. in what way are the media losing their shit in that video?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 04, 2017, 07:58:32 AM »
idgi. in what way are the media losing their shit in that video?
They rushed in in the middle of an important meeting and kept screaming like babies, thus disrupting the meeting, to the point where they had to be asked to leave. Do you disagree that that's immature and somewhat contrary to their profession?

Some slight jostling in the Oval Office, proof that the media is losing their shit while Trump is the real adult! What a desperate reach.
"slight jostling" lol, combined with you completely ignoring my "kinda, sorta, not really"

One for the Saddam chronicles
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:00:18 AM by SexWarrior »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: July 04, 2017, 01:58:37 PM »

"North Korea has just launched another missile. Does this guy have anything better to do with his life?"

This coming from the guy who golfs and tweets like crazy.  Yeah... test launching weapons to destroy your enemies is sooo much more of a waste... >_>

« Reply #1816 on: July 04, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
They rushed in in the middle of an important meeting and kept screaming like babies, thus disrupting the meeting, to the point where they had to be asked to leave.

i doubt that very much.  i'm sure they were invited to cover/photograph the meeting.  oval office pressers are common, and i'm extremely skeptical that the press can wander around the white house and mob their way into the oval office during important meetings with heads of state.  especially under this administration.

Do you disagree that that's immature and somewhat contrary to their profession?

yeah, basically.  this just looks like a mob of pushy reporters doing their mob-of-pushy-reporters thing.  i don't think i've ever seen an unobtrusive mob of reporters.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 04, 2017, 05:38:31 PM »
No, they totally just barged in uninvited! Trump chided them for their disgraceful behavior and asked them to leave, which they did with their tails between their legs.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 04, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
i'm sure they were invited to cover/photograph the meeting.
I didn't suggest anything other than that. I suggested that their conduct was a bit on the shit side, not that they weren't meant to be there in the first place.

Until they got kicked out, of course. For that exact shitty conduct.

yeah, basically.  this just looks like a mob of pushy reporters doing their mob-of-pushy-reporters thing.  i don't think i've ever seen an unobtrusive mob of reporters.
If this is representative of America, then I guess I'm just used to the higher standards of civilised countries. This certainly wouldn't be passable in most Western European countries, which is probably why the BBC describes it as "chaos" and a "media frenzy".

Trump chided them for their disgraceful behavior and asked them to leave, which they did with their tails between their legs.
Close. You forgot to throw in a snide remark on the "ugghhhh, you're like literally assaulting me raaht now" guy. Otherwise pretty much spot on.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:48:09 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 05, 2017, 12:25:11 PM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)