Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Haha, oh wow, bringing up something that most normal people (RE as you call them) think was not the best way to bring about that.

I dont call anyone anything, thats what you've been doing

You dodged the question. Explain constant acceleration
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Haha, oh wow, bringing up something that most normal people (RE as you call them) think was not the best way to bring about that.

I dont call anyone anything, thats what you've been doing

You dodged the question. Explain constant acceleration

Maybe the fact that there is no resistance at all, then everything falls at the same speed? Whereas if there was air involved, like in the real world, it would have resistance against, say, a feather.

I don't know, that would be my best guess. But just saying "cos gravity like" at the end, doesn't prove gravity.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
We have an explanation. We have our proof. And until you give us proof that disproves us, you are wrong. That's just how science works.

Offline edby

• View Profile
Vacuums happen because there is no air pressure, which forms a vacuum. Air pressure happens because of Gravity. And please explain constant acceleration on Earth.

But you are answering all your questions saying ... because of gravity ... just because you say the word gravity doesn't prove gravity
The acceleration of objects downward is the effect of gravity, not gravity itself. The cause is the attraction between two masses. You are a small object, the earth is a very massive object. So you are attracted to one another, and the earth proves this by pulling you downwards.

The proof that the Earth is not special, and all objects are attracted to one another, you will find in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment. No one is trying to fool you or mislead you.

We have an explanation. We have our proof. And until you give us proof that disproves us, you are wrong. That's just how science works.

Sorry have I missed something? Did you provide proof?

Vacuums happen because there is no air pressure, which forms a vacuum. Air pressure happens because of Gravity. And please explain constant acceleration on Earth.

But you are answering all your questions saying ... because of gravity ... just because you say the word gravity doesn't prove gravity
The acceleration of objects downward is the effect of gravity, not gravity itself. The cause is the attraction between two masses. You are a small object, the earth is a very massive object. So you are attracted to one another, and the earth proves this by pulling you downwards.

The proof that the Earth is not special, and all objects are attracted to one another, you will find in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment. No one is trying to fool you or mislead you.

If all things are relative like Einstein claimed ... then why doesn't an ant get sucked into a bowling ball if it gets too close?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Yeah, gravity. Things have a constant acceleration, because gravity pulls them down at that rate. Feathers, don't fall as fast as other objects, because they are pushed against by air pressure. These are my proofs, Newton new this, everybody who has ever been to school has learned this. We have proof, you have nothing. I guess, is not proof.

Really? That's because the bowling ball, doesn't have enough mass to create a strong enough gravitational pull to do something like that. The Earth, is absalutely massive compaired to a bowling ball, and it only pulls objects towards it at 9.8m per second squared.

Yeah, gravity. Things have a constant acceleration, because gravity pulls them down at that rate. Feathers, don't fall as fast as other objects, because they are pushed against by air pressure. These are my proofs, Newton new this, everybody who has ever been to school has learned this. We have proof, you have nothing. I guess, is not proof.

Really? That's because the bowling ball, doesn't have enough mass to create a strong enough gravitational pull to do something like that. The Earth, is absalutely massive compaired to a bowling ball, and it only pulls objects towards it at 9.8m per second squared.

Thats what I said ... in the real world where we have air, the feather has resistance which slows it down, the bowling ball can kick airs ass so it falls faster. In a lab, where you can supposedly create a perfect vacuum. There is no resistance for either objects so they are not in any medium so they fall at the same rate. There is no environment that they are sitting in. So density doesn't matter.

So because the earth is massive and clings gigantic oceans to it, how come birds can fly freely against this magic force?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Because they can over come this force, it really isn't that hard to do...

Because they can over come this force, it really isn't that hard to do...

So if a tiny bird can over come this force, how come the oceans don't fling off the surface, if the earth is spinning at a 1000 miles an hour?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
Take a cup of water, start driving, stay at a constant speed. Does the water fall out

Take a cup of water, start driving, stay at a constant speed. Does the water fall out

Hahaha it would if I was doing donuts! And we supposedly live on a sphere, not in a cup... so yeah if the water was around the outside of the cup, I'd be soaking!

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
The fact is, the water doesn't spill. And yeah, because the motion would keep changing, do you know nothing?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
I'll be back.

The fact is, the water doesn't spill. And yeah, because the motion would keep changing, do you know nothing?

but if I had a cup in my hand full of water and I was spinning around at a thousand miles an hour ... there would be vomit flying in all directions

I'll be back.

Can't wait to be insulted some more ;-)

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile

but if I had a cup in my hand full of water and I was spinning around at a thousand miles an hour ... there would be vomit flying in all directions

That cup, is being pulled down, and so is the water. If the cup had the gravity of the earth then it would stay in.

That cup, is being pulled down, and so is the water. If the cup had the gravity of the earth then it would stay in.

Isn't that just Centripetal Force?

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
What I'm trying to say is that if you don't have an explanation of why something happens and we do, what makes more sense?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
What I'm trying to say is that if you don't have an explanation of why something happens and we do, what makes more sense?
That's a fallacy. Your explanation could still be completely invalid.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume