Rama Set

Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2017, 04:09:08 AM »
for sure I out Westbrook and Harden above him.  Kawhi and Lebron you could go either way this year. Kawhi's defense is better than Lebron's and vice versa on offense. It's not outrageous to have Lebron as number 4 this year.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2017, 11:34:06 PM »
for sure I out Westbrook and Harden above him.  Kawhi and Lebron you could go either way this year. Kawhi's defense is better than Lebron's and vice versa on offense. It's not outrageous to have Lebron as number 4 this year.
lolok

Rama Set

« Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
lolok

Sweet comeback.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 22, 2017, 01:00:38 AM »
lolok

Sweet comeback.
Not sure what else you expect when you un-ironically claim Westbrook is more valuable. He wasn't even the MVP of OKC until this year, but yeah he's totes legit MVP candidate. Legend has it that he's still fighting his own team for rebounds to pad those stats.

Rama Set

« Reply #1064 on: May 22, 2017, 01:14:24 AM »
lolok

Sweet comeback.
Not sure what else you expect when you un-ironically claim Westbrook is more valuable. He wasn't even the MVP of OKC until this year, but yeah he's totes legit MVP candidate. Legend has it that he's still fighting his own team for rebounds to pad those stats.

He didn't fight his team for those rebounds, his big men boxed people out so he could get them. Other than that your SexWarrior impression needs some work. Westbrook lead the league in scoring, PER and averaged a triple double, with some admittedly padded rebound stats. He is obviously a top three MVP candidate and will probably win it. James Harden was the super productive heart and soul of a D'antoni offense-or-bust system and is another no-brained candidate. You can easily make a Lebron is top 3 candidate, I'm not saying otherwise, but you can easily make a Kawhi argument too. His defense is through the roof and he blossomed in to a dominant offensive player this season too. Its totally reasonable to have LBJ 4th, poor guy. I'm pretty sure the one person who didn't vote for him on the all-NBA team is just hating though.

Addendum: Let's not forget that the Cavs seriously struggled through the middle of the season too. If the Cavs dominated wire to wire we are having a different conversation.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:17:28 AM by Rama Set »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 22, 2017, 01:39:09 AM »
lolok

Sweet comeback.

He didn't fight his team for those rebounds, his big men boxed people out so he could get them. Other than that your SexWarrior impression needs some work. Westbrook lead the league in scoring, PER and averaged a triple double, with some admittedly padded rebound stats. He is obviously a top three MVP candidate and will probably win it. James Harden was the super productive heart and soul of a D'antoni offense-or-bust system and is another no-brained candidate. You can easily make a Lebron is top 3 candidate, I'm not saying otherwise, but you can easily make a Kawhi argument too. His defense is through the roof and he blossomed in to a dominant offensive player this season too. Its totally reasonable to have LBJ 4th, poor guy. I'm pretty sure the one person who didn't vote for him on the all-NBA team is just hating though.

Addendum: Let's not forget that the Cavs seriously struggled through the middle of the season too. If the Cavs dominated wire to wire we are having a different conversation.
He literally boxed his own team out on occasion to get rebounds. Not enough to make a dent in his awesome overall numbers, but it happened. Again, he wasn't the MVP on his own team until this year. Thinking that he is MVP of the league is just nonsense. I can maybe get behind Harden, and Kawhi is literally my favorite player.

All of that aside, none of them are remotely as valuable to their team and the league as LeBron. It's the same thing MJ went through. It's fun to entertain letting other players with a few better stats categories get it in on it, but if people don't recognize who the most valuable player is, then they aren't watching the games.

Rama Set

« Reply #1066 on: May 22, 2017, 04:51:24 AM »
Well the MVP award is for the current year, so that bodes well for Westbrook. If it were for multiple years, you would have a point. Lebron's impact on the league is irrelevant to the award by definition and he plays on the team with the highest payroll in history, so let's not pretend we are talking about Cavaliers circa 2007, James Harden did as much to get his team where they are. Lebron also had quite a few "DNP - rest" games. Hard to give the regular season MVP to a guy who basically acted like the regular season was irrelevant; a foregone conclusion.

Also, they lost tonight. SAD!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 23, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Well the MVP award is for the current year, so that bodes well for Westbrook. If it were for multiple years, you would have a point. Lebron's impact on the league is irrelevant to the award by definition and he plays on the team with the highest payroll in history, so let's not pretend we are talking about Cavaliers circa 2007, James Harden did as much to get his team where they are. Lebron also had quite a few "DNP - rest" games. Hard to give the regular season MVP to a guy who basically acted like the regular season was irrelevant; a foregone conclusion.

Also, they lost tonight. SAD!

I am fine with Harden winning. Houston's win total before the season was 41.5 to 44 depending on when and where you got it. Houston won 55 games which is an incredible success, driven by Harden.

Your point about Lebron's acting like the regular season was irrelevant is simply nonsense, though. He started/played 74 games and had the highest minutes-per-game in the league at 37.8, and 10th highest total minutes at 2795. Westbrook started/played 81 games and was 8th overall in total minutes at at 2802 (a whole 7 more minutes than LeBron while playing in 7 more games). Westbrook was also 22nd in minutes-per-game at 34.6. I don't actually think any of this is relevant to the MVP discussion.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 25, 2017, 02:43:20 AM »
Damn Chris Sale is good. 101 Ks this season,  next best is 78.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 27, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »
1) I am happy that the NBA playoffs finally start in just under a week.

2) lol sean boston celtics suck

3)
Changing topics inside the NBA theme (partly because I don't want to endlessly discuss Jordan, those debates can go on forever), I really hope Portland can add another piece and be even more competitive next season. They were really fun to watch and have a ton of potential. What they got from the talent outside of Lillard was nothing short of incredible, especially with most of the starters being gone.

I am sad they did not get any better. Time for Lillard to go to the Spurs...

Rama Set

« Reply #1070 on: May 27, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
Apparently the Spurs are after CP3. I'm surprised they would make this kind of win-now move.

Rama Set

« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
I can't wait for the NBA playoffs to start.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »
I can't wait for the NBA playoffs to start.

I hear they are postponed until the 2019-2020 season. Possibly longer depending on the Warrior's contracts.

Rama Set

« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »
Maybe Lebron and Carmelo will go to the Clippers.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 08, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »
Maybe Lebron and Carmelo will go to the Clippers.

Yeah BANANA BOAT 3.0!!!! Best superteam of 2010 ever assembled just need D-Wade.

Rama Set

« Reply #1075 on: June 13, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
Well shit, Lebron made me believe that they could force a game 7 but at the end of the day GS just has too many weapons. Iggy and Draymond had some sweet chemistry down low last and Klay defended Kyrie too well and that was all it took. I would like to see a quadrilogy next year, but only if Cleveland can sufficiently bloat their roster with an all-star point guard.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 13, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »
but at the end of the day GS just has too many weapons.
Hmm, I don't know. Even Steve Kerr acknowledged that they, "...had very little talent, actually. It was mostly coaching."

Iggy and Draymond had some sweet chemistry down low
Nowhere near the chemistry between TT and David West js.

I would like to see a quadrilogy next year, but only if Cleveland can sufficiently bloat their roster with an all-star point guard.
Sign and trade lands the Cavs with Damian Lillard and Kawhi Leonard, losing only Kevin Love to the Spurs who still go on to win the title.

Rama Set

« Reply #1077 on: June 13, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
The Cavs then pay more in luxury tax than the 76ers have paid in salary over the past 5 years.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 13, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
The Cavs then pay more in luxury tax than the 76ers have paid in salary over the past 5 years.

So you are saying to Trust the ProcessTM

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:32 PM »
Y'all fucks with this McGregor vs mayweather fight or nawl
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?