Offline howardtheduck

• Flat Earth Truther; don't believe the lies.
    • View Profile
Long-time UFO believer, new to the Flat Earth theory; but intrigued.

Are these two theories diometrically opposed? The existence of God does not neccesarily contradict the existence of life on other planets, but the certain parts of the Flat Earth model have me conflicted. After many night's consideration I have come up with the following questions;

1. How would vessels from outer space enter the earth's atmosphere through the firmament?

2. If there are other planets apart from Earth that are round, what would lifeforms look like from a round planet? (e.g animals from the deep ocean form differently due to the pressure from the water. Would creatures on ball planets form differently?)

3. Is it possible that another planet like Earth (flat) exists somewhere out there?

Any opinions appreciated,

Howard

"The eye only sees what the mind is able to comprehend" Henri Bergson

Most flat earthers don't believe in ET life, earth is the only thing capable of supporting life.

Some believe that they come from antarctica or from the lands past the ice wall.

Or even that these alternative propulsion craft are man made.

Do you follow secureteam10? I like his work.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
The existence of God does not neccesarily contradict the existence of life on other planets,

Depends what god you are talking about, If you are refering to the God of the Bible, then the heavens and earth are going to be remade so any life God may have created besides us will be destroyed anyway. (2 Peter 3:10)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
The simple answer is that extraterrestrial life just doesn't exist, and fortunately there is no scientific evidence to counter that answer, so case closed.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
The simple answer is that extraterrestrial life just doesn't exist, and fortunately there is no scientific evidence to counter that answer, so case closed.

That's not case closed, though. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There's a lot of universe to explore still.

Given the speed information can travel, and our unique window we have to look through, it's a bit more challenging than finding the proverbial needle in the haystack, but it seems worthwhile to me to keep looking.

Do I think flying saucers frequent Earth though? I find that pretty unlikely.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile

That's not case closed, though. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There's a lot of universe to explore still.

Given the speed information can travel, and our unique window we have to look through, it's a bit more challenging than finding the proverbial needle in the haystack, but it seems worthwhile to me to keep looking.

Really, it is case closed. Even in the vast RE model there is zero reason to assume extraterrestrial life. I'll tell you what. When your scientists find proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life, we might be in a position where we need to explain ourselves. Until then it's really just a silly question. I might as well ask if the world is round why is there Ice Wall? LOL
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
That's just dishonest. There is everything reason to assume extraterrestrial life. Because in the single planet we have studied the most, it is abundant. Sample size = 1. Or < 10 if you want to really say we have done the best we can on other nearby moons/planets (but even that is a tough sell). If you are allowing the RE model, there are billions of potentially habitable planets for life forms that we understand biologically. There's no reason to assume there is NOT extraterrestrial life based on an absence of current evidence.

Offline Dither

• View Profile
If you are allowing the RE model, there are billions of potentially habitable planets for life forms that we understand biologically.

Exactly,
So where are all these alien cultures?

Now imagine if a group of people decided to pull the wool over our eyes.
How could a person tell the difference between whats real and fake.
From a RE perspective its quite conceivable, from FE not so much.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
That's just dishonest. There is everything reason to assume extraterrestrial life. Because in the single planet we have studied the most, it is abundant. Sample size = 1. Or < 10 if you want to really say we have done the best we can on other nearby moons/planets (but even that is a tough sell). If you are allowing the RE model, there are billions of potentially habitable planets for life forms that we understand biologically. There's no reason to assume there is NOT extraterrestrial life based on an absence of current evidence.

I'm sorry, it's actually brutal honesty in the face of an almost cultlike opposition. What do large numbers of habitable planets mean when we have no idea the probability of life in the first place? Anyone who says extraterrestrial life is likely is just talking out their ass. It's the kind of slavish devotion to an unproven concept you usually see in religion.

Infinite universe.
Intelligent life on earth.
Infinite chance of other intelligent life.

Arguing that there is no other life anywhere is silly.

Have you seen unacknowledged?
The first part is worth a watch at least.

Edit.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/07/31/Pentagon-s-Sloppy-Bookkeeping-Means-65-Trillion-Can-t-Pass-Audit

6.5 trillion dollarydoos, count em.
Aside from my obvious and longheld distrust of the US government, I think there is a strong case to be made that some of this goes into unacknowledged special access projects.

Not necessarily "UFO's" but tech we don't get to see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:54:22 AM by disputeone »

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
If you are allowing the RE model, there are billions of potentially habitable planets for life forms that we understand biologically.

Exactly,
So where are all these alien cultures?

To quote Douglas Adams...
Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
Infinite universe.

Lol, you really like your unproven assumptions huh? Hey, when it's proven the universe is actually infinite, you might have a point. Until then you are using one unproven assumption to support another. I really hope you are able to see why that's logically untenable. But dogmatic belief can be quite strong.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/07/31/Pentagon-s-Sloppy-Bookkeeping-Means-65-Trillion-Can-t-Pass-Audit

Aside from my obvious and longheld distrust of the US government, I think there is a strong case to be made that some of this goes into unacknowledged special access projects.

Wow and wild conspiracy theories too! I'm sorry but surely you see that when you have to strain this much to prove a point you're probably wrong.

Offline birddy

• View Profile
i have same similar feeling, ET / UFO phenomenon and FE model seems mutually exclusive to each other, what are your opinions and comments? welcome

Offline simba

• View Profile
Infinite universe.

Lol, you really like your unproven assumptions huh? Hey, when it's proven the universe is actually infinite, you might have a point. Until then you are using one unproven assumption to support another. I really hope you are able to see why that's logically untenable. But dogmatic belief can be quite strong.

Wow and wild conspiracy theories too! I'm sorry but surely you see that when you have to strain this much to prove a point you're probably wrong.

I hope you notice the irony in your comments.

Offline howardtheduck

• Flat Earth Truther; don't believe the lies.
    • View Profile
Most flat earthers don't believe in ET life, earth is the only thing capable of supporting life.

Some believe that they come from antarctica or from the lands past the ice wall.

Wow! There are possibly lands beyond the ice wall? Is there any evidence of this? Is it possible to reach these lands? Maybe using alien technology.

I've seen much more compelling evidence that we have been visited from other beings; whether they are from outer space, here on earth or another dimension, than I have of the sun being in our atmosphere, or the earth accelerating upwards.

But maybe I just haven't seen it  :P
"The eye only sees what the mind is able to comprehend" Henri Bergson

totallackey

Long-time UFO believer, new to the Flat Earth theory; but intrigued.

Are these two theories diometrically opposed? The existence of God does not neccesarily contradict the existence of life on other planets, but the certain parts of the Flat Earth model have me conflicted. After many night's consideration I have come up with the following questions;

1. How would vessels from outer space enter the earth's atmosphere through the firmament?

2. If there are other planets apart from Earth that are round, what would lifeforms look like from a round planet? (e.g animals from the deep ocean form differently due to the pressure from the water. Would creatures on ball planets form differently?)

3. Is it possible that another planet like Earth (flat) exists somewhere out there?

Any opinions appreciated,

Howard
I do not believe the "space ships" are "space ships."

I believe they are inter-dimensional devices.

I do not believe "space aliens," are "space aliens."

I believe they are inter-dimensional beings.

Offline Dither

• View Profile

I do not believe the "space ships" are "space ships."

I believe they are inter-dimensional devices.

I do not believe "space aliens," are "space aliens."

I believe they are inter-dimensional beings.

Tick
Tick
Tick
Tick

I'm liking this forum :)

People do see things, all kinds of things that defy explanation.
When Heliocentric, your worldview will turn those things into natural science.

<<<<<BIG MISTAKE>>>>>>

Infinite universe.

The pentagon "losing" 6.5 trillion dollars isn't a "conspiracy". It's a fact.

Where that 6.5 trillion dollarydoos went is open to specualtion.

If you think this is a "wild conspiracy theory" you should hear some of my other ideas :P.

I concede that we don't know if the universe is infinite.

Anything infinite being unable to measure fully by definition. We think the universe is infinite.

If you think the military doesn't have access to tech we don't know about you are being naive.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

I might as well ask if the world is round why is there Ice Wall? LOL

Cool, where is the evidence?  Your anecdote about the Ice Wall is fantastic, however, there is no empirical evidence supporting this claim (unless you have some you would like to share).

Becuase there is not one If you are going to present  as fact you should back it up with evidnece.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile

Wow! There are possibly lands beyond the ice wall? Is there any evidence of this? Is it possible to reach these lands? Maybe using alien technology.

I've seen much more compelling evidence that we have been visited from other beings; whether they are from outer space, here on earth or another dimension, than I have of the sun being in our atmosphere, or the earth accelerating upwards.

But maybe I just haven't seen it  :P

Again, the notion that FE should have to answer for something for which the opposition doesn't even pretend to offer concrete evidence is patently ridiculous. Any issues you have with FET are entirely irrelevant to that essential fact.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:16:21 PM by Roundy »