Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The US Northeast is Too White
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
Umm... where did I say that racism wasn't about race? Where can you actually pull that quote from?

Racism is fueled by culture and society more so than biology.

It's impossible for "racism" to involve something that isn't inherently biological. Racism is only, exclusively, about race, which means it only involves biology. No culture or society involved. You don't become a different race by moving to a different country.

Therefore, saying "racism is fueled by culture and society" makes no sense, and simply stems from a complete misunderstanding of what race is.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 11:29:26 PM »
Umm... where did I say that racism wasn't about race? Where can you actually pull that quote from?

Racism is fueled by culture and society more so than biology.

It's impossible for "racism" to involve something that isn't inherently biological. Racism is only, exclusively, about race, which means it only involves biology. No culture or society involved. You don't become a different race by moving to a different country.

Therefore, saying "racism is fueled by culture and society" makes no sense, and simply stems from a complete misunderstanding of what race is.

It is quite clear that you do not understand the definition of racism. I'm not sure how I can help here. Have you ever studied anthropology or psychology? Racism strictly involves biases toward race. So yes, it includes race, but it also includes biases. biases are culturally influenced. you do not inherit biases via DNA. I honestly cannot explain this any other way.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2018, 12:44:19 AM »
It is quite clear that you do not understand the definition of racism. I'm not sure how I can help here. Have you ever studied anthropology or psychology? Racism strictly involves biases toward race. So yes, it includes race, but it also includes biases. biases are culturally influenced. you do not inherit biases via DNA. I honestly cannot explain this any other way.
That's because you are not prepared to think of it any other way. You need to leave school and live life away from teachers that will all be Marxists. I mean, your biggest worry is the weather! This is the rhetoric of someone who has never engaged independent thought and is told what to like, what to hate and what to fear.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2018, 01:02:12 AM »
That's because you are not prepared to think of it any other way. You need to leave school and live life away from teachers that will all be Marxists. I mean, your biggest worry is the weather! This is the rhetoric of someone who has never engaged independent thought and is told what to like, what to hate and what to fear.

Weather is nothing trivial when it is the cause of thousands of deaths yearly.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2018, 01:06:11 AM »

How many people did you know that have been killed by the weather?

Rama Set

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2018, 01:16:12 AM »
People often, in the act of being racist ascribe cultural practices to people of certain phenotypes. Unfortunately though many educated people are still racist. There are strong evolutionary reasons to mistrust outsiders and as high minded as people get, “awareness” and education aren’t always the cure. Sometimes it’s patience and forbearance.
Assuming you are correct and it is some kind of weakness or bad habit.

But if it is a very natural way to stop competition in your own backyard, end subsidies to those leeching from your community and stop an upheaval of your own culture to make way for an invasive one ... then it should be encouraged, not 'educated away' or 'making people aware' that your viewpoint is the only one that is correct. This is a very dangerous experiment and it is only happening to white people. No one else is inviting the world to live with them. Everyone else has a home they can call their own.

What will you do with the white people who leech from your community? Or is that ok because “muh Queen and Empire”?

Why are you scared of your culture changing anyway? If you didn’t let the Romans or the French change your culture it would be a very different England. Safe to say you wouldn’t be English at all. It’s like you forget that England is a country that has simply been conquered again and again and been changed profoundly every time. In fact, you should welcome your new immigrant overlords.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
People often, in the act of being racist ascribe cultural practices to people of certain phenotypes. Unfortunately though many educated people are still racist. There are strong evolutionary reasons to mistrust outsiders and as high minded as people get, “awareness” and education aren’t always the cure. Sometimes it’s patience and forbearance.
Assuming you are correct and it is some kind of weakness or bad habit.

But if it is a very natural way to stop competition in your own backyard, end subsidies to those leeching from your community and stop an upheaval of your own culture to make way for an invasive one ... then it should be encouraged, not 'educated away' or 'making people aware' that your viewpoint is the only one that is correct. This is a very dangerous experiment and it is only happening to white people. No one else is inviting the world to live with them. Everyone else has a home they can call their own.

What will you do with the white people who leech from your community? Or is that ok because “muh Queen and Empire”?

Why are you scared of your culture changing anyway? If you didn’t let the Romans or the French change your culture it would be a very different England. Safe to say you wouldn’t be English at all. It’s like you forget that England is a country that has simply been conquered again and again and been changed profoundly every time. In fact, you should welcome your new immigrant overlords.

When the Romans conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Bath houses, roads, central heating, sewerage systems etc.
When the Normans conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Fine art, education, literacy, administration techniques etc.
When the Vikings conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Boat building skills, navigation, trading techniques, etc.

What does the middle East or Africa have to offer us that is an improvement? Being conquered by a superior civilisation can often work out well for you. The British gave India railways and stopped widow burning for example. But being over run by an inferior and outright backward civilisation isn't going to work out well.

Rama Set

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2018, 01:47:42 PM »
The British seem to be doing a nice job of regressing themselves so I don’t even know what you are so scared of losing? Immigrant populations tend to be harder working and more ambitious groups out of necessity since they don’t have the luxury of resting on the accomplishments of their forefathers, like you.

I understand having a problem with progressive leftist policies, but immigration is almost always a good thing, especially with a stagnant or shrinking birth rate, and no culture is sacrosanct. It’s meant to be a living embodiment of past and present together. It will change whether or not there are polish people, or Middle Easterners. If you don’t want it to change you are clinging to a neurotic pipe dream. I’m sure you have no problem with cultural changes that benefit you, it’s only when your own comfort zone gets infringed upon that you perk up and take notice. That just smacks of being a spoiled child.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »
The British seem to be doing a nice job of regressing themselves so I don’t even know what you are so scared of losing? Immigrant populations tend to be harder working and more ambitious groups out of necessity since they don’t have the luxury of resting on the accomplishments of their forefathers, like you.
A myth pedalled by leftists.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10693022/Immigrants-cost-Britain-3000-a-year-each-says-report.html

I understand having a problem with progressive leftist policies, but immigration is almost always a good thing, especially with a stagnant or shrinking birth rate, and no culture is sacrosanct. It’s meant to be a living embodiment of past and present together. It will change whether or not there are polish people, or Middle Easterners.
No, we have a shrinking birthrate because adding 8 million people has caused ridiculous competition for things like homes. And without homes, people can't start families.

If you don’t want it to change you are clinging to a neurotic pipe dream. I’m sure you have no problem with cultural changes that benefit you, it’s only when your own comfort zone gets infringed upon that you perk up and take notice. That just smacks of being a spoiled child.
So bad things are happening and we should all just shut up and accept them, offering no resistance to make things better. I'll remember than when the climate change brigade are out.

Rama Set

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »
A myth pedalled by leftists.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10693022/Immigrants-cost-Britain-3000-a-year-each-says-report.html

But no mention of what the average immigrant does with their after tax income. Thanks for presenting an incomplete picture as if it were decisive. How much more of that 3,000 do you reckon is made up for?

With an annual deficit of 36.2B GBP that’s about £600 each of you already costs so they really only need to contribute another £2,400 to be as economically valuable.

I understand having a problem with progressive leftist policies, but immigration is almost always a good thing, especially with a stagnant or shrinking birth rate, and no culture is sacrosanct. It’s meant to be a living embodiment of past and present together. It will change whether or not there are polish people, or Middle Easterners.
No, we have a shrinking birthrate because adding 8 million people has caused ridiculous competition for things like homes. And without homes, people can't start families.

Uhhh... no. People didn’t own homes for thousands of years in your country and birthrates were higher. Birthrates tend to be inversely proportionate to wealth. The wealthier a country the lower its birth rate.

If you don’t want it to change you are clinging to a neurotic pipe dream. I’m sure you have no problem with cultural changes that benefit you, it’s only when your own comfort zone gets infringed upon that you perk up and take notice. That just smacks of being a spoiled child.
So bad things are happening and we should all just shut up and accept them, offering no resistance to make things better. I'll remember than when the climate change brigade are out.
Cool larping. I never said anything remotely like that. Resisting change because you prefer the past is a bad place to proceed from. It’s called Golden Age Thinking. You are the one that wants nothing to change and who wants a return to some idea of Britishness that probably didn’t exist in the first place.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
Cool larping. I never said anything remotely like that. Resisting change because you prefer the past is a bad place to proceed from. It’s called Golden Age Thinking. You are the one that wants nothing to change and who wants a return to some idea of Britishness that probably didn’t exist in the first place.

The difference between conservatism and liberalism is whether you look forward or back.

Conservatives look at the past, and make decisions made by the lessons of history. They are adverse to change and don't like to turn things upside down.
Liberals are 'progressive'. This means they want to change everything all the time until they hit on something better. They never learn from history. In fact anything old must be wrong.

Example:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45525979

Note how the word 'archaic'is used to describe something that has worked for hundreds of years. And that if you support it, you must be stuck in the past and backward. Divorce laws are actually quite modern ... when compared to something like marriage which has been around for thousands of years.
In this instance they want more hedonism. Liberals are all about hedonism. They don't want people to work at marriage. They want them to be able to divorce at the first argument. And that's fine ... until they have kids. And we end up with more single parent kids which historically are disadvantaged over dual parenting. This will increase the divorce rate and leave more men broke by the time they are middle aged. It also means few men will be part of a family as they age ... but screw them right? It doesn't matter if men are lonely, ostracised and broke. As long as women get every freedom they might want. Women's rights trump those of men because 'go progressives!'

I am conservative. I think changing things that more or less work is bloody stupid. Such as your culture. Or marriage laws. Or whether you can speak about certain topics without having someone destroy your opportunities because of a thought crime you committed back when you were 15 years old.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45539740

Liberals tend to be younger because they have no past experience to draw upon. But as people age, they drift to the right and become conservative because they can see the errors of the past. Liberalism is the politics of those with empty heads. Once those heads are filled ... liberalism is a folly.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »

The difference between conservatism and liberalism is whether you look forward or back.

Conservatives look at the past, and make decisions made by the lessons of history. They are adverse to change and don't like to turn things upside down.
Liberals are 'progressive'. This means they want to change everything all the time until they hit on something better. They never learn from history. In fact anything old must be wrong.

Example:

Note how the word 'archaic'is used to describe something that has worked for hundreds of years. And that if you support it, you must be stuck in the past and backward. Divorce laws are actually quite modern ... when compared to something like marriage which has been around for thousands of years.
In this instance they want more hedonism. Liberals are all about hedonism. They don't want people to work at marriage. They want them to be able to divorce at the first argument. And that's fine ... until they have kids. And we end up with more single parent kids which historically are disadvantaged over dual parenting. This will increase the divorce rate and leave more men broke by the time they are middle aged. It also means few men will be part of a family as they age ... but screw them right? It doesn't matter if men are lonely, ostracised and broke. As long as women get every freedom they might want. Women's rights trump those of men because 'go progressives!'

I am conservative. I think changing things that more or less work is bloody stupid. Such as your culture. Or marriage laws. Or whether you can speak about certain topics without having someone destroy your opportunities because of a thought crime you committed back when you were 15 years old.

Liberals tend to be younger because they have no past experience to draw upon. But as people age, they drift to the right and become conservative because they can see the errors of the past. Liberalism is the politics of those with empty heads. Once those heads are filled ... liberalism is a folly.

I appreciate your attempt to categorize conservative and liberal views, but I whole-heartedly disagree.

You say conservatives are learning from past lessons, but then why do they continue to promote laws that allow corporations to pollute the environment with little restriction? In the US it is the liberals who championed for tighter restrictions on automobile manufacturing to keep fuel consumption lower and create less carbon emissions. Conservatives have fought to keep their political and social power by exploiting things like expensive gas guzzling cars and coal power plants.

In fact, I think it is the liberal view that pays more attention to the mistakes of the past and recognizes that change is good. If we aren't moving forward, we are moving backwards... an economy cannot remain stagnant - it is fundamentally impossible for an economy to remain the same. The trend of young people taking a more leftist, liberal view is likely due to a direct observation of our current economic situation. Fewer jobs for young people, fewer homes to buy, less land... more and more people are moving to urban communities and living in shit conditions that costs half or more of their monthly wages, forcing them to team up with others in the same situation so they can split the cost of living.

In the U.S., it is our republican party that champions to eliminate policy that would benefit the environment and provide for a healthier, happier, and more inclusive people... liberals can see this, why can't conservatives?

Why would change be inherently bad? The computer industry is changing all the time. Would you say this is bad? It might be hard to keep up with, and if you resist the change, you won't last long in the field, but does that make it bad? Or does someone's lack of wanting to change indicate a lack of adaptability?

"Liberalism is the politics of those with empty heads. Once those heads are filled ... liberalism is a folly."

An empty head with a history book at their side. Learning from the past, but keeping an open mind for the future. Being able to respond to any situation that arrises, and adapt to the changing of the times. Not just accepting that times change, but actively helping society move into the changing times as a united population.

Many conservatives want nothing to do with change... their pocket books won't adapt well.
"noche te ipsum"

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »

How many people did you know that have been killed by the weather?

This is a very dry statement/question... Does me having personally experienced a catastrophe make it more real? If I have never experienced a catastrophe does that mean it doesn't exist? I'm not following your question. It seems very naive. If I don't know someone who has been directly killed by weather, thank god.

That's like someone saying, "Violence is a huge problem in new york... people are raped, or shot and killed all the time."

And you saying something like, "psshh... How many people do you know that have been raped or shot and killed?" Like that somehow invalidates the claim that violence is a problem in new york.

Do you understand how adolescent that question sounds?

Edit: Furthermore, you know almost nothing about me, so to assume weather is my biggest worry is an absurd proposition. The weather is getting more fierce and sporadic due to climate change - which we as humans are at least partially responsible for, and everyone posting here can relate to that. It's a problem now, and it will be an even greater problem in 50 years from now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:12:27 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

Rama Set

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 05:52:50 PM »

[/quote]

A distinction I think you made up but for your own purposes, but I’ll entertain it.

Example:

Note how the word 'archaic'is used to describe something that has worked for hundreds of years.

In what way did it work? 

And that if you support it, you must be stuck in the past and backward. Divorce laws are actually quite modern ... when compared to something like marriage which has been around for thousands of years.

This is hardly a good example for me to address because I don’t think the State should have laws governing marriage nor do I think should be incentivized. I understand that it confers economic benefits and that it also confers benefits in general to society and individual health, but all our laws around marriage originate from the stupid time when we falsely believed churches to be our moral center.

In this instance they want more hedonism. Liberals are all about hedonism. They don't want people to work at marriage. They want them to be able to divorce at the first argument.

Ehhhh no. It’s about personal liberty. Why should the state be able to force you to continue a relationship? 

And that's fine ... until they have kids. And we end up with more single parent kids which historically are disadvantaged over dual parenting.

I agree divorce is a net negative.

This will increase the divorce rate and leave more men broke by the time they are middle aged.

That’s the fault of archaic divorce laws.

It also means few men will be part of a family as they age ... but screw them right? It doesn't matter if men are lonely, ostracised and broke. As long as women get every freedom they might want. Women's rights trump those of men because 'go progressives!'

I don’t think rampant progressivism is ok either so I’m not going to argue this too strongly.

But you are selective about your view of the past. You don’t think everything about the past worked. Guess who got rid of the things that didn’t work? Progressive people did! Otherwise you would still be a serf, forced to fight wars for King’s that don’t give a shit about you, uneducated, malnourished and miserable. But you don’t because someone looked at the present and said, “this isn’t right!” and did something about it. Does it always work? Of course not. Neither does sitting on your rocker and saying, “I like things the way they were!” You need both.

Liberals tend to be younger because they have no past experience to draw upon. But as people age, they drift to the right and become conservative because they can see the errors of the past.

It also has to do with risk averse was. Younger people are more willing to say, “fuck it, let’s do something different!”  Once you are older with a mortgage, kids in colllege and a retirement to think of, you don’t enjoy change as much because it makes planning harder.

Liberalism is the politics of those with empty heads. Once those heads are filled ... liberalism is a folly.

Ehhh... no. What wisdom tells us is that there is always a trade off to your choices and the more extreme your choice, the bigger the trade off. Extreme conservatives are just as dangerous as extreme progressives. They’ll both fuck up society. We need both voices though so we can get a sense of where the lines are.

All of this has nothing to do with your xenophobia though.

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:32 AM »
England is a country that has simply been conquered again and again and been changed profoundly every time. In fact, you should welcome your new immigrant overlords.

Pretty good bait tbh.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2018, 11:17:02 PM »
When the Romans conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Bath houses, roads, central heating, sewerage systems etc.
When the Normans conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Fine art, education, literacy, administration techniques etc.
When the Vikings conquered, they had some pretty cool stuff to give us. Boat building skills, navigation, trading techniques, etc.

What does the middle East or Africa have to offer us that is an improvement?
For starters, the Arabs gave us numbers that we can actually work with (including everyone's hero, zero).  They also gave us a lot of medicine and science that was lost during the dark ages.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2018, 01:57:53 AM »

For starters, the Arabs gave us numbers that we can actually work with (including everyone's hero, zero).  They also gave us a lot of medicine and science that was lost during the dark ages.
Have another go.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »

Have another go.
Are you saying that the Arabic numbers that we use today aren't a significant improvement over Roman numerals? ???
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
What do they have to offer us now? Not what did they have 2000 years ago.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
What do they have to offer us now? Not what did they have 2000 years ago.

MM years ago*