Rama Set

Re: Cancer is easily cured with common grocery store items
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
Actually Malaria, mainly affects children:

http://www.who.int/malaria/areas/high_risk_groups/children/en/

Children under 5 years of age are one of most vulnerable groups affected by malaria. There were an estimated 438 000 malaria deaths around the world in 2015, of which approximately 69% were in children under 5 years of age.

Why is this so?

Because their immune system is immature.

Shouldn't malaria affect everyone if this virus really knows how to kill people, healthy immune system or not? This is pretty perplexing if your theory is correct.

No, because killing people is not what a virus is setting out to do.  It is setting out to reproduce.  Death is merely a by-product of viral reproduction.

The answer is simply because adults have stronger and healthier immune systems than children under 5.

Obviously.  Again, no one has claimed otherwise.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »
You just told me that "Malaria has been killing people for thousands of years without any prevalent immunity arising." I showed that there are people who are immune to Malaria. They are called adults with healthy immune systems.

Rama Set

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
You just told me that "Malaria has been killing people for thousands of years without any prevalent immunity arising." I showed that there are people who are immune to Malaria. They are called adults with healthy immune systems.

I did say prevalent didn't I?  It is still a disease that is deadly... as diseases go, it is very deadly.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »

I did say prevalent didn't I?  It is still a disease that is deadly... as diseases go, it is very deadly.

Sure, diseases are deadly only if you don't have the proper immune system to deal with it. Like, say, children under 5, the elderly, chain smokers, and people who have been around too many petrochemicals.

If you have a great healthy immune system you are invulnerable to any disease.

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
Lol. This thread is a gold mine of hilarious logic.

If you have a great healthy immune system you are invulnerable to any disease.

Absolutely! Assuming you define a "great healthy immune system" as one that makes you invulnerable to any disease. The problem is, does such an immune system exist? Is there reliable documentation of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was invulnerable to every disease?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »
No, it's golden age, mystical, quasi religious bullshit. At no time in the history of mankind or any other animal for that matter has the perfect time ever existed. As hunter gatherers we were prey to the seasons, random natural disasters, microbes, virus and disease.
As our bodies immune system, hampered by all the other expenditures on its resources (fighting each other, running away from big shit, keeping warm/dry etc.) is still a wonder of nature, so are all the organisms evolution throws up to exploit the reserves of energy and supplies that are us. We hold no special place in this system.
No one is arguing that a healthier non polluted existence is not a boon to our chance of survival, but complete invulnerability is bollocks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:43:06 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
Is there reliable documentation of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was invulnerable to every disease?
At least temporarily, yes
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Is there reliable documentation of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was invulnerable to every disease?

Do you have evidence for that outlandish claim?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
No, patients' medical records tend to be confidential. However, you can likely obtain evidence which you'll consider credible yourself. Ask your family and friends if they've ever seen a doctor for a regular check-up, and were found to be in good health. While I can't make any guarantees, it is highly likely you'll find at least one such person.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »
No, patients' medical records tend to be confidential. However, you can likely obtain evidence which you'll consider credible yourself. Ask your family and friends if they've ever seen a doctor for a regular check-up, and were found to be in good health. While I can't make any guarantees, it is highly likely you'll find at least one such person.

So no evidence of of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was/is invulnerable to every disease then? Got it.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2016, 02:02:56 PM »
So no evidence of of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was/is invulnerable to every disease then?
Quite the contrary, I've provided you with the necessary steps to reproduce. Whether or not you choose to pursue them is your prerogative.

I could tell you that I know healthy people, even that I am one, but why bother when you can obtain much stronger evidence through virtually no effort?

Got it.
Clearly not.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2016, 02:10:57 PM »

No!
Not getting ill is a long way from being "invulnerable to every disease" as nobody has ever been subjected to every disease.

I haven't been ill for years, but I haven't been in contact with HIV, Ebola, the Plague....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:20:20 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
nobody has ever been subjected to every disease.
How does that preclude one from invulnerability? If anything, that makes it easier, not harder.

I haven't been ill for years, but I haven't been in contact with HIV, Ebola, the Plague....
Thank you for contributing to the pool of evidence :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:25:00 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »
nobody has ever been subjected to every disease.
How does that preclude one from invulnerability? If anything, that makes it easier, not harder.

Thank you for contributing to the pool of evidence :)

How does it prove invulnerability, any more than because I haven’t been killed by lightning, I say I am immune to electricity? A stupid argument.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
How does it prove invulnerability, any more than because I haven’t been killed by lightning, I say I am immune to electricity? A stupid argument.
Whoah there, pardner. You're conflating two very different concepts.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »
So no evidence of of anyone in the entire history of humankind that was/is invulnerable to every disease then?
Quite the contrary, I've provided you with the necessary steps to reproduce. Whether or not you choose to pursue them is your prerogative.

I could tell you that I know healthy people, even that I am one, but why bother when you can obtain much stronger evidence through virtually no effort?

Got it.
Clearly not.

I seriously do question your ability to understand logic but even you must realize how stupid your argument is. Did you know that I am invulnerable to being run over by a bus? At least temporarily. As proof I offer my medical records. Perfect health. No broken bones, no internal bleeding. Nothing.

To say that you've provided evidence of "anyone in the entire history of humankind that was/is invulnerable to every disease, at least temporarily", by offering that I should find someone in good health and ask them to show me their medical records is  clearly not a valid claim.

Clearly!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:00:17 PM by Boots »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »

The eggs Boots, don't forget the eggs.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »

The eggs Boots, don't forget the eggs.

LOL. Touché!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
The diseases we have so far discussed have a subset of people whose immune system was strong enough to fight off the disease. This is what my comment was based on. The burden has shifted to you guys to now show that there are diseases that can defeat a strong and healthy immune system.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:05:16 PM by Tom Bishop »