Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 01:49:06 AM »
Knives are pretty easy to use tbh

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2017, 03:03:04 AM »
This one in Las Vegas, Nevada where gun laws are super lax.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lasvegas-shooting/at-least-50-dead-more-than-200-hurt-in-las-vegas-shooting-idUSKCN1C70FU?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

It's sad but I'm so used to hearing about this stuff I just can't find myself caring anymore.

Still got shot by police and not a normal citizen though. :/
This brutul shooting is PROOF enuf that ALL guns must be band imediateley, and the pepel who sold them the guns lockd up in PRISIN! In my opinyin (wich is fact!) the primarey falt is on the evil rascist gunnut REPUBLICENS who only rasist gun cuntrul to carey owt there plan of GENASIDE agenst there oponints! And I find it SHAMFULL that Trump alowd this shooting to hapen undur his watch so a large chunk of the blame gos to him! But most importintley it turns owt the shootur was a MOSLUM! ISIL raveled that he had cunvertid to Mohamadenism six munths before the shooting thus furthur proofing that the vast majoritey of Islams are TERORISTS! We serousley need to do something abowt the Islam problum in America, baning the Islams mite be the WON thing I agree with Trump on! So the cawses of this shooting were Islam and Republicens!
The shooter was an old white guy.
I'm relieved.  Now a minority group can't be blamed.
Inded. If it had ben a person of coler like myself then the rascist fascist media networks wuld all be saying "oh look a black guy (they use that raciel slur cuz there rascist) shot up a bunch of pepel. All black (sorey) pepel are murdururs"! And this wuld especialey be true and intense undur a Trump presidinsey (aka Thurd Ryche reincarnatid!)! It reley is idiotick and irationel to blame a hole groop basd on the actions of won person wich is why I am a CHAMPEIN of tolerinse!

Kinda hard to take you seriously with such poor spelling.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2017, 07:11:08 AM »

Yeah but hitting insta kill spots is hard.  A knife is easy enough to stab with but unless you hit a vital spot like hear or neck or an artery, they'll probably life for a good hour and recover with medical treatment.

Guns do way more damage.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:54 PM »
So do cars.

Yeah but hitting insta kill spots is hard.  A knife is easy enough to stab with but unless you hit a vital spot like hear or neck or an artery, they'll probably life for a good hour and recover with medical treatment.

Guns do way more damage.

Rama Set

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 09:21:02 PM »
So do cars.

Guns do way more damage.

Cars cause more damage when not used for their intended purpose. Guns cause damage by design. Not the same thing.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:08 PM »

Guns do way more damage.
So do cars.[/size]

In some states, its easier to get a gun then drive a car.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
Dither, put a bloody hat with corks on your avatar or stop talking like a southern Baptist. 

The problem with guns is that they are too damn effective, society needs a return to knives and swords.
Just imagine trying to kill fifty innocent people with a cutlass, you'd definately work up a sweat.
Not to mention having to chase them all down because nobody's gonna stand in one spot and wait. 

Plus, it may take a few shooting range lessons to get some rough accuracy on a handgun.
But how many years will it take to learn to yield a scimitar? or brace a broadsword?
So I agree with you Jura, guns should be banned because its just too easy,
But now we have them, and that door can never be shut.

First and foremost the loss of life and the physical/emotional injuries to the peeps and their families is just terrible. As a Christian I struggle with should or would I take a life if need be. This because I am a concealed permit holder in 33 states and therefore have trained to save myself and others if need be, and I will.

I love guns and have shot for about 45 years. I've never shot a human or an animal. I reload all my own ammo except .22 and shotgun shells. There is something about the boom I love.

Now don't be fooled by weapons, anything can be used to kill and be very effective, if planned even just a little. Reaction time is impossible to over come if someone gets the move on you first. Knife gun car you're dead. You can have a gun pointed at someone and they can decide to bring a gun to the fight from a concealed position and they will be able to fire the first round before your brain even registers the move. Dead. This is why cops don't mess around and shoot people for no reason, they are scared to death and know they can't react fast enough, so screw it, they pop you first because you reached for a phone or wallet.

As far as knifes go, there is whats called the 21 foot rule, meaning someone skilled with knives can slash you from a distance of 21 ft. if your weapon is holstered. I've faced a knife at 6 ft. with a .357 in my pocket. The man is lucky he lived and didn't take even the slightest move toward me, because I was prepared to defend my life. I backed away slowly and made clear my reach hoping to get 21 ft. away for a clear brain cage shot if he charged. I believe it was a test by the man upstairs. I passed that night but I was pretty shaken for a week. Don't underestimate knives, a slash here or there and you bleed out in less than a minute. Pros know those spots and practice practice the slashing technique. You have zero chance.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:08:27 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »
If a cop is so scared of dying he'll shoot first, then he's the problem.
I'm sorry but if you become a cop, you should never put your life over someone else's unless they are an active threat. 

Its better to mourn a cop, then a harmless citizen.  At least the cop died to preserve life.  The citizen?  Pointless death.

And here's a question: what happens if you ever snap?  Lets say you just go crazy one day and wanna kill people.  How do we stop you?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 10:39:13 PM »
I'm sorry but if you become a cop, you should never put your life over someone else's unless they are an active threat. 

Its better to mourn a cop, then a harmless citizen.  At least the cop died to preserve life.  The citizen?  Pointless death.

And here's a question: what happens if you ever snap?  Lets say you just go crazy one day and wanna kill people.  How do we stop you?

I doubt you can, there is a Wakizashi hanging in my living room owned by a Samurai from the 16th century, that without a doubt has had a whole lot of blood that dripped off it. Brutal weapon.....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2017, 03:43:27 AM »

I doubt you can, there is a Wakizashi hanging in my living room owned by a Samurai from the 16th century, that without a doubt has had a whole lot of blood that dripped off it. Brutal weapon.....

So we shoot you with a gun. Got it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »

So because you're trained and have a lot of weapons, you can kill a bunch of people if you go crazy.

Proof we either need to stop the weapons or stop the crazy. 

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »
As far as knifes go, there is whats called the 21 foot rule, meaning someone skilled with knives can slash you from a distance of 21 ft. if your weapon is holstered.

And we've probably all seen this mythbusters episode but I'm posting it anyway.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »
I hadn't but to me the saying has always meant:

"Gun fights = fighting from a long distance with cover"
"Knife fights = fighting close with no cover"

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2017, 11:50:38 AM »
So do cars.

Guns do way more damage.

Cars cause more damage when not used for their intended purpose. Guns cause damage by design. Not the same thing.

Guns aren't designed for mass shootings or murders.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »

Guns do way more damage.
So do cars.[/size]

Please prove that. Do some states bar you from car ownership if you have a misdemeanor domestic charge?

Rama Set

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »

Which guns are you talking about? Because in some cases you may be right, in some you are definitely wrong. One thing is for sure, all guns were designed to damage people/places/things. Many of them are designed to kill large numbers of humans, like the machine gun. It’s irresponsible to pretend that they won’t be used inappropriately a non-zero amount of time.

Even cars, which are absolutely not designed to hurt, kill or maim, are legislated to protect people against their misuse, or reckless use to some degree. And some of the these controls make a fuck ton of sense in the gun arena, like ensuring that people get licenses so they know what they are doing, prohibit people who are not sound of mind and body from using them. Really basic stuff.

Since your constitution loves guns and war, people have a right to arm themselves so you would have to make this process with very few barriers to entry, but your society proves time and again that it is not healthy or mature enough to handle the responsibility of guns.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:59:22 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

Guns do way more damage.
So do cars.

Please prove that. Do some states bar you from car ownership if you have a misdemeanor domestic charge?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Vermont
How to get a gun in Vermont:
Walk to gun shop.
Buy gun.
No background checks.  No licenses.  Nothing.

How to get a car in Vermont
https://www.dmv.org/vt-vermont/car-registration.php

You need a drivers license and proof of insurance to start.  Plus the annual inspections, license plates, etc...

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »

Which guns are you talking about? Because in some cases you may be right, in some you are definitely wrong. One thing is for sure, all guns were designed to damage people/places/things. Many of them are designed to kill large numbers of humans, like the machine gun. It’s irresponsible to pretend that they won’t be used inappropriately a non-zero amount of time.

Machine guns were designed for covering fire, not necessarily for mowing down large groups of people. Sure, they were sorta used that way when trench warfare was popular, but modern combat doesn't allow for that. And really, the purpose of an inanimate object is irrelevant to the topic when comparing deaths. For sake of argument, lets assume that guns are designed for killing, that still means more people die accidentally from vehicles than purposely by firearms. Also, you're equating warfare with crime. I stated that no firearm was designed for mass shootings and murder and here you are saying that they were used for mowing people down in war time. Guns are designed to shoot projectiles at it's intended target. They may be made to be more suitable for self defense, hunting, target practicing, or combat conditions, but none were designed for mass shootings and murder.

Even cars, which are absolutely not designed to hurt, kill or maim, are legislated to protect people against their misuse, or reckless use to some degree.

It's the same with firearms. You think it's legal to go on a killing spree, shoot up the neighbor's house, fire indiscriminately into the air, or brandish a firearm in a threatening manner? Firearms have the most regulations aside from the tax code.

And some of the these controls make a fuck ton of sense in the gun arena, like ensuring that people get licenses so they know what they are doing, prohibit people who are not sound of mind and body from using them. Really basic stuff.

It's not common sense if there's no statistics to back it up. States like Illinois and New York have stringent training requirements in order to carry and they don't seem to have a dramatic effect on negligent discharges compared to states like Vermont which you don't even need a permit to carry.
Since your constitution loves guns and war, people have a right to arm themselves so you would have to make this process with very few barriers to entry, but your society proves time and again that it is not healthy or mature enough to handle the responsibility of guns.

If we didn't have guns, You would be saying the same thing about our knifing and clubbing rates. In fact, in the UK, knife attacks are on the rise.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »

Guns do way more damage.
So do cars.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Vermont
How to get a gun in Vermont:
Walk to gun shop.
Buy gun.
No background checks.  No licenses.  Nothing.

How to get a car in Vermont
https://www.dmv.org/vt-vermont/car-registration.php

You need a drivers license and proof of insurance to start.  Plus the annual inspections, license plates, etc...

It says for private sales you don't need a background check and as long as you don't drive on public lands, you can buy an unregistered car and drive it in your backyard.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2017, 04:24:27 PM »

The law will stand behind you in your use of deadly force against another if you are a cop or an individual if you perceive a threat of major bodily harm or death.

No one needs to wait for a gun to be drawn on them to perceive this threat and shoot first. Here's a drill, try it from the comfort of your computer. Point your finger at the monitor and say "bang" and see if you can not get shot even with a loaded weapon cocked pointed at the bad guy.

If the officer got a call of armed liquor store robbery where the cashier was shot and this dude matches the identity and vehicle description. OR you as an individual are at a park eating lunch and a couple drunk biker types are at the picnic table next to you having their way with a young female biker momma and this dude says to you, "quit looking at my bit.. like that fu...r, I'm gonna kill you"

Bang or no Bang?

Why demons are slain......