Re: Religion on Flat Earth
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
And to reiterate, Poseidon, what does your bigot views on Islam have to do with a religious view on flat earth? What makes your chosen deity the preferred one amongst the 4199 other dieties, and what is its view on the shape of the earth?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Poseidon

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 11:18:33 PM »
No sources needed, homosexuality in nature has been known for quite a while now. It is probably an evolutionary step that either works out or doesn't. The balance of the birth rate, for instance with the example of the swans, will decide it in the long run. That's how evolution works.

To be quite honest, and objective, you're the only one standing out as an idiot here. The increasing amount of curse word usage, to either cover for the fact that you're raging because of inadequacy or because the institution in which you have invested all of your beliefs is being subjected to what you define as blasphemy, is a testiment to that.

Oh, please. The fact that you cannot spell would indicate a certain proof of idiocy on your part. And again, dip$h!t, I am NOT relying on the Bible for my opposition to homosexuality. The fact that I have to say that more than once to you simply confirms my estimation of your stupidity.

Again, cite sources, or shut your pie-hole.

Stupid is as stupid does.

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 11:21:48 PM »

No sources needed, homosexuality in nature has been known for quite a while now. It is probably an evolutionary step that either works out or doesn't. The balance of the birth rate, for instance with the example of the swans, will decide it in the long run. That's how evolution works.

To be quite honest, and objective, you're the only one standing out as an idiot here. The increasing amount of curse word usage, to either cover for the fact that you're raging because of inadequacy or because the institution in which you have invested all of your beliefs is being subjected to what you define as blasphemy, is a testiment to that.

Oh, please. The fact that you cannot spell would indicate a certain proof of idiocy on your part. And again, dip$h!t, I am NOT relying on the Bible for my opposition to homosexuality. The fact that I have to say that more than once to you simply confirms my estimation of your stupidity.

Again, cite sources, or shut your pie-hole.

Stupid is as stupid does.

You do realize I am debating with you in your native tongue, right?

Poseidon

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 11:26:08 PM »
And to reiterate, Poseidon, what does your bigot views on Islam have to do with a religious view on flat earth? What makes your chosen deity the preferred one amongst the 4199 other dieties, and what is its view on the shape of the earth?

Those are not the relevant questions. I stated at the beginning of this thread that I do NOT presume to dictate a person's future location in the eternal realms.

And it is not bigoted to state the truth about the goals of Islam. If you are too stupid to read the Qur'an and the Haadith for yourself and confirm what I am saying, then that is your problem and not mine.

And if you are going to debate with me in ANY tongue, at least DO attempt to appear educated, as I would do if I attempted this in Spanish. The occasional typo is fine and we all make them. But your conjugation and singular-plural disasters are starting to wear on my last nerve, such that ANY error you make is getting annoying.

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 11:44:36 PM »

Those are not the relevant questions. I stated at the beginning of this thread that I do NOT presume to dictate a person's future location in the eternal realms.

And it is not bigoted to state the truth about the goals of Islam. If you are too stupid to read the Qur'an and the Haadith for yourself and confirm what I am saying, then that is your problem and not mine.

And if you are going to debate with me in ANY tongue, at least DO attempt to appear educated, as I would do if I attempted this in Spanish. The occasional typo is fine and we all make them. But your conjugation and singular-plural disasters are starting to wear on my last nerve, such that ANY error you make is getting annoying.

Do you realize how dumb that make you look?

Can you please list the goals of Christianity, catholicism, Judaism and Buddhism according to the scripture, so we can compare with Islam?

Besides, I've been in Afghanistan. A lot of Muslims fought Taleban shoulder to shoulder with ISAF. Local Muslims risked their lives and their families lives helping ISAF just by merely cleaning or cooking in Camp bastion and camp price.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:47:02 PM by andruszkow »

Poseidon

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2017, 12:37:20 AM »
And your point is... Christians haven't lived by Old Testament rules in 2,000 years, although in the earlier years of the Church they did spill quite a bit of blood. But they at least have the decency to admit it.

The Old Testament did command Hebrews to do some pretty brutal stuff, but, hm, that was, what, 4,000 years ago?

The Buddhists were violent in the distant past, but today are almost UNIVERSALLY known for their peaceful, gentle manners, the exception being in Myanmar (Burma), where they are brutalising the Rohingya Muslim people, although that fight is more about ethnicity than it is about religion.

The point I am making is that Islam has ALWAYS been viciously violent, and remains so to this day. Although it is true to say that not ALL Muslims are terrorists, it is ALSO true to say that the VAST majority of terrorists in the world ARE Muslim.

Let's put it this way. Jews living with Christians, 21st Century: few problems. Jews with Hindus, no problems. Jews with Buddhists, no problems, Jews with atheists, few problems. Christians with Hindus, Buddhists, or atheists,few or no problems. Etc, etc.

Muslims living with Jews: Problems. Muslims living with Christians: Problems. Muslims living with Hindus, Buddhists, or atheists: Problems. MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS: HUGE PROBLEMS!

So, you tell me... should civilised people be concerned or not?

I have to log off for now, but there you are.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:21:21 AM by Poseidon »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »
This will be my only warning to everyone in the thread. Refrain from personal attacks.

Poseidon

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2017, 02:17:56 AM »
JUNKER, fair enough. Incidentally, Catholics ARE Christians, in fact, the largest variety OF them. Although I am NOT particularly fond of certain aspects of Roman Catholicism, making a distinction between "Christianity" and "Catholicism" simply indicates that you have very little knowledge of the subject.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:22:27 AM by Poseidon »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

It never ceases to amaze when I hear nationalist, homophobic people advocating the destruction (carpet bomb) or banning (and how do you do that without violence) of Islam for its violence and intolerance, how much the two mirror each other.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Poseidon

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »

It never ceases to amaze when I hear nationalist, homophobic people advocating the destruction (carpet bomb) or banning (and how do you do that without violence) of Islam for its violence and intolerance, how much the two mirror each other.

First off, let's analyse the word "homophobe". Homo means same, and phobe refers to the fear of. So I am afraid of things that are the same. I hope I don't glance up tonight and see two stars, or look down at my two hands. Crap, I would jump out of my socks! I LOVE politically correct folk when they invent new jargon. They simply show themselves to have a low IQ. And what sexuality has to do with Islam, except that they punish being gay by death, is beyond me.

And you ban Islam in America by rounding up all Muslims and giving them one way, all expense paid tickets to their nations of origin. If they are native born, you cancel their citizenship and have them pick one of the 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world and send them there. Simple.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
And if they don't want to go, or if other more enlightened Americans object and try to protect them?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobe
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:18:53 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
Poseidon, your extremism is almost so extreme it's hard to believe you're even a real person.

You are taking away from the very real issues by injecting hatred and bigotry. It's hard to honestly discuss the problem that is Radical Islam, which is a problem and does exist, whether or not certain people acknowledge it. Also it's a culture clash issue. In my opinion, if you experimentally force different cultures, with radical different concepts on Women's rights, tolerance, sexuality etc, to coexist, you're gonna have a bad time.

Poseidon

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2017, 08:37:12 PM »
And if they don't want to go, or if other more enlightened Americans object and try to protect them?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobe

Posting the definition of homophobe was dumb. I know that the PC culture has coined a retarded word. What I explained was that they misused the Greek to do it, and in so doing, confirmed their general lack of intelligence.

If they don't want to go, they are forced at military gunpoint. No violence. We make them an offer they can't refuse, to quote "The Godfather".

THE TRUTH, that is my point. Because of their culture, ALL Muslims, unless they REJECT the Qur'an, which they cannot do and stay Muslim, are inherently radical, even if they don't realise it. It is best if they live in their world, an we ours. If they want to honour kill their women, and subject them to FGM, and do other Medieval crap, fine, but do it elsewhere. Not here.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
Which all goes to show you are just the flip side of the same coin, Extremists, feeding from the hate of others to become more hateful, sad.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:51:48 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:25 PM »

FYI. FGM is a cultural practice and isn't just Moslem, there are 17 african countries where it is practiced by christians as well.

Poseidon

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2017, 09:29:23 PM »

Which all goes to show you are just the flip side of the same coin, fundamentalists, feeding from the hate of others to become more hateful, sad.

See, that remark just indicates your entire lack of logic, given that I believe in Secularism. If it were up to me, all private schools K-12 would be closed, and children would be educated in Public Schools. The religious organisations would register with the State, and would pay Tax. The metric system would be adopted, as would the French Republican Calendar, to eliminate the religious influence of the Gregorian Calendar.

I am a churchgoer, to a conservative Church, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Nevertheless, these are the policies in which I believe. Calling me any kind of a fundamentalist just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. Islam is a threat to the State. That is my SOLE reason for rejecting it. I would likely do the same to Jehovah's Witnesses. And that is because they do not serve in the military or salute the flag. I would think about them, because they are so non-offensive in general. But they would be required to give minors blood transfusions, and would NOT be able to make the decision for other people either, unless that person had allowed them to.

But I at this point don't expect you to use intelligence or logic. I pretty much have determined that you possess neither.

Very few Christians practice FGM, and where they do, it is USUALLY in response to heavy Muslim influence, albeit not always. But no one ever gave Sub-Saharan Africa much credit for brilliance. The continent was a mess before the British and the French got there, and its been a mess since they left.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »

Extremist would be the word I was looking for ( I've changed it).

Wrong again about the FGM, according to UNICEF "in Niger 55 percent of Christian women and girls had experienced it, compared with two percent of their Muslim counterparts", but don't let the facts get in the way.

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »

FYI. FGM is a cultural practice and isn't just Moslem, there are 17 african countries where it is practiced by christians as well.

Exactly why I added my point about cultures clashing. There is absolutely no way to look at Arab cultures objectively and say that they share your same values when it comes to women's rights and equality. You'd have to rationalize or just outright lie to say that they do.

52% of Muslims in the UK believe that homosexuality should be banned.

Same reason why there is the illegal immigration debate going on right now in America. People in Honduras are from a complete different culture than what is acceptable in civilized Western Society. The result, two of them gang rape a freshman in a high school not far from me. The people who are in charge of protecting that girl instead just call everyone a racist and protect the rapists. That is the society we live in now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:14:03 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

Poseidon

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »

Extremist would be the word I was looking for ( I've changed it).

Wrong again about the FGM, according to UNICEF "in Niger 55 percent of Christian women and girls had experienced it, compared with two percent of their Muslim counterparts", but don't let the facts get in the way.

Niger is ONE country. But, don't use your brain. I don't expect you to use a non-existent organ.

And note I did say, "albeit not always."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:42:18 PM by Poseidon »

Poseidon

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »

Exactly why I added my point about cultures clashing. There is absolutely no way to look at Arab cultures objectively and say that they share your same values when it comes to women's rights and equality. You'd have to rationalize or just outright lie to say that they do.

52% of Muslims in the UK believe that homosexuality should be banned.

Same reason why there is the illegal immigration debate going on right now in America. People in Honduras are from a complete different culture than what is acceptable in civilized Western Society. The result, two of them gang rape a freshman in a high school not far from me. The people who are in charge of protecting that girl instead just call everyone a racist and protect the rapists. That is the society we live in now.

I rest my case.