Ghost of V

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1800 on: February 14, 2015, 07:45:56 PM »
You could, but why would you want to play an MMO filled with micro-transactions and pay-to-win incentives?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 14, 2015, 07:47:34 PM »
You could, but why would you want to play an MMO filled with micro-transactions and pay-to-win incentives?

I do PvE and am therefore immune to "pay-to-win" scenarios. I never compete against players and thusly I avoid having to spend money to do so. As for micro-transactions, eh, I just won't pay them. Easy.

« Reply #1802 on: February 14, 2015, 07:51:18 PM »
But PvE typically has just as much competition.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 14, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »

With who and over what? I'm not worried about farming le loots.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1804 on: February 14, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »

I was about to point this out but figured there's no point since we're dealing with Rushy here.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1805 on: February 14, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
Actually, resolving issues with PvE competition is one thing that the game has done well.  As long as you pitch in during a fight, you'll still get the "credit" for killing the mob and the loot.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1806 on: February 14, 2015, 08:31:35 PM »
Actually, resolving issues with PvE competition is one thing that the game has done well.  As long as you pitch in during a fight, you'll still get the "credit" for killing the mob and the loot.

Yes, but wouldn't players that paid for better equipment down enemies faster? And wouldn't that mean people would be more willing to party with the people who paid money for the benefits? And wouldn't that make the game less friendly for players who are not spending money (harder to find a group to play with, harder to kill monsters solo, etc). I don't know much about the game, so please educate me if I'm wrong here.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 14, 2015, 11:29:43 PM »
>playing in groups
Bitch, please.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1808 on: February 15, 2015, 01:08:05 AM »
>playing in groups
Bitch, please.

Main MMO I played was FFXI, and you couldn't get anything done without playing in a group of 5 to 30 people.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1809 on: February 16, 2015, 05:36:02 AM »
Tell us what you think of the game, Rushy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 16, 2015, 05:49:29 AM »
Tell us what you think of the game, Rushy.

I feel like it is a pretty well established game. The UI is functional and intuitive, the dialogue is well written and in-depth, and the graphics are fantastic. The only thing that bothers me about the graphics is that although they went for a more dirty look regarding the setting, the characters all look like they bathe ten times a day, which is odd. Something that stood out to me was when choosing dialogue, if you're about to choose a mutually exclusive dialogue option, it reds the other options out. I found that to be extremely helpful in weighing choices appropriately. I don't really care much for lore lore lore but I can see they put a fair amount of effort into building more genuine quests and characters.

The class system is as I remember, but I only wish that different tactics could still help your class. As a mage, the only way I can increase magicka regen is to wear cloth. There are no such bonuses if I wear heavy or medium armors. I do understand that if a mage could wear heavy and still be a boss that no mage would ever wear light, but still, it is sort of a slap in the face to feel like you can "kinda sorta" do what you want, but in the end you really can't.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:51:18 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 16, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »
I played through the game with my Nord Dragonknight wearing nothing buy Medium Armour even though Medium appears to be intended for Nightblade due to stealth bonuses. And I played a Khajiit Nightblade for the most parts with only light armour, but started wearing pieces of both Light and Medium later on in order to get both magic and stealth bonuses, both of which seems quite important for Nightblade in my experience..
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 17, 2015, 02:46:21 AM »
Okay, whelp, these quests definitely are unique. I had a quest where this chick was looking for a dead noble who was supposed to marry her. Turns out he was just toying with her and though it was funny to break a commoner's heart. It gave me the choice whether to lie to her or tell her that he was just toying with her. I chose just to tell her and she just ran away crying. About an hour later I found her ghost wandering next to these lava fields, implying she killed herself (or at least died at some point). Pretty brutal.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 17, 2015, 02:48:11 AM »
You should try playing an actual Elder Scrolls game.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 17, 2015, 03:22:02 AM »
I am playing an actual Elder Scrolls game.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1815 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:54 AM »
As a mage, the only way I can increase magicka regen is to wear cloth.

You can also enchant jewelry to increase your magicka regen.

You should try playing an actual Elder Scrolls game.

Dude, Kirkbride himself says the game is good.  You're not allowed to keep on bashing it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 17, 2015, 03:36:02 AM »
I'm actually impressed with the amount of players who stick to the naming conventions. I'd say only about one out of ten players have some dumb "mclovin" name and at least five of ten have a name that fits the naming convention of the race they play as.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:16 AM »
Dude, Kirkbride himself says the game is good.  You're not allowed to keep on bashing it.

I wasn't. That was actually a friendly suggestion. As far as I know, Rushy still hasn't played any of the core (more like hardcore) ES games, and if he can get into babby's first Elder Scroll then he can probably enjoy them.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1818 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 17, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »
I'm just going to bask in the moment knowing that I've successfully befuddled PP2. He cannot tell whether I've actually played the games I speak about or not.