Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1560 on: December 03, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »
Yeah, but on the other hand, you frequently say and believe really stupid things without any irony.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:21:09 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1561 on: December 03, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
Yeah, but on the other hand, you frequently say and believe really stupid things without any irony.
Also, there is no such thing as "the original Halo: Combat Evolved for PC".

So you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved

This doesn't exist? Weird.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:23:06 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 03, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
I was going to make a pedantic distinction between the original game and the custom edition.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1563 on: December 03, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
I have helped beerdo end the Planemeld, except in a couple of instanced areas along the way where the enemies didn't exist for me.  Nirn has been saved, but now he myst complete the final quest, taking his soul back from Molag Bal.  I like that they leave that quest until last, even though so much more was at stake in the previous ones.  It's a nice way of coming full circle, bringing the story back to where it started - with you.  Unlike, ahem, certain other games, in which you get the impression that your story seems to be more the story of some other fucking guy.  Bleh.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:28:33 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 03, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
Myst is also pre-rendered 3d, and not real-time.
The Mastery.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 03, 2014, 07:36:49 PM »
It also doesn't even look that great.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1566 on: December 03, 2014, 07:40:01 PM »
Metroid Prime looks pretty good though.

And Phantasmagoria, which was released in 1995, looks much better than Morrowind which was released in 2002. Why is that?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 03, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
The 3D is pre-rendered and can therefore be very detailed. Also, it doesn't Look at those terrible colours.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1568 on: December 03, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
The 3D is pre-rendered and can therefore be very detailed. Also, it doesn't

The characters model do. They look like real people. I don't even know what people look like in Morrowind.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 03, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »
>character models

Those ARE real people, derp.
The Mastery.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 03, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
>character models

epically trolld in ur gay butthole

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 03, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
>character models

epically trolld in ur gay butthole
hehehehehehe
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1572 on: December 04, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »
Blanko cannot into TES lore:

<Saddam> Go back to playing TESO
<Saddam> Did you get your soul back yet?
<beerdo> no
<Blanko> beerdo lost his the first time he booted up TESO
<beerdo> There's no such thing as souls, so no
<Saddam> But there is such a thing as souls in TES
<Saddam> The reason you're able to come back to life every time you die is because you have no soul
<Blanko> wat
<Blanko> When do you come back to life in TES
<Blanko> Outside of TESO because lol MMO
<Saddam> In TESO
<Saddam> That's the explanation for why you're able to come back to life
<Saddam> Because you have no soul
<Blanko> ...
<Blanko> Why did I ask...
<Saddam> Although when you do get your soul back, you're still able to come back to life
<Saddam> That's their story, anyway

There may be some sort of explanation for that last detail, though.  I think the implication is that Meridia hangs on to your soul when she sends you back in time.

I am now a werewolf!  So far, it's pretty simplistic and not very beneficial, but I've only just begun the skill line, so maybe it'll get better.  It's definitely superior to what was portrayed in Daggerfall and Morrowind, anyway.  Speaking of which, what did you think of Bloodmoon, PP?  I don't think you've really talked about that part of the game before.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:27:16 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 04, 2014, 11:20:34 PM »
It's really difficult. I haven't had a character powerful enough to survive long on Solstheim for a long time.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1574 on: December 04, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »
It's really difficult. I haven't had a character powerful enough to survive long on Solstheim for a long time.

I'm sure Saddam will have no problems with his console hacked character.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1575 on: December 05, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »
beerdo has now beaten the main story of TESO.  He's not very enthusiastic about it, but he's still subscribed, so presumably he's enjoying the game.  Getting information from him is like pulling teeth.

Also, here's an addendum to this:

So it turns out that the Mane sometimes wears a helmet that has other Khajiit manes on it.  That's uh, well, it's something, I guess.  It's a bit of a dilution of the description in the PGE, but at least they didn't forget why he was called the Mane to begin with.

A Khajiit actually talks about the original description of the Mane wearing so many manes that they're weighed down and have to be carried around.  Apparently that happened in "ancient times," but now they wear the headdress because it's more practical.  The authors of the PGE sure got a lot of things wrong.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:42:55 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 05, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
e
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1577 on: December 05, 2014, 10:21:41 PM »
inb4WolfRoDah

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1578 on: December 06, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »
The big moment has arrived.  I have beaten the Aldmeri Dominion questline!  Brace yourselves for another long rambling review, because, as I mentioned earlier, this was definitely my favorite of the alliances.

All we see of the Summerset Isles is Auridon, the smaller of the two.  It's not a great beginning for the alliance, I have to admit.  It's not terrible or anything, just kind of underwhelming.  PP and I, along with half the lorefags on the Internet, have already bawed about the architecture and city designs - they're far too rustic, too primitive, and too unassuming for the Altmer.  The land itself isn't anything to gawk at either, it's just typical sort of meadows and countryside stuff.  The writing is a little bit better.  The Altmer aren't too over-the-top with the snobbiness and pride, and we learn a few interesting things about their culture, but again, nothing too impressive.  At least this zone isn't very big.

Then we get to Valenwood, and it's fucking awesome.  It looks great, it's a ton of fun to explore, and it never once feels generic or clichéd.  That last point applies doubly to the Bosmer themselves.  I mean, think about how easy it would have been to fuck these guys up and just turn them into environmentalist little pixies or something.  But no, the writers hit on all the unique aspects of their society, even the particularly dark and creepy ones.  Their paganistic religious beliefs, their cannibalism, their deep reverence of the Green Pact and dire consequences if it's violated, their disgusting cuisine made entirely of animal products, the mysterious walking city of Falinesti, the spiritual leader called the "Silvenar" - everything.  Virtually all of the existing lore is explored (there might be a couple of things that they missed, but there's nothing that comes to mind), and then they add some new lore of their own, which all fits with the setting while being creative in its own right.  It's the best province in the game by far, and the fact that there are three zones of it makes it all the better.

Finally, there's Elsweyr, which is represented by the starting island of Khenarthi's Roost and most of the final zone, Reaper's March.  The land itself has a sort of central African feel to it, big rolling plains, savannahs, lions and antelopes, that kind of thing.  The Khajiit culture and society is a unique blend of real-world influences.  The Romani culture definitely plays a big part, given how many of them travel around in caravans and are mistrusted by other races, but they have Indian accents, their temples and ruins look very African, and their architecture, with all the stilts and big roofs, is inspired by southeastern Asia.  It's all interesting stuff, but the main focus with the Khajiit is their religion, particularly their reverence of the moons, because they're Lorkhan's body, or something like that.  Also, they call him Lorkhaj.  But anyway, here's the best part.  In the final quest, you get to go to the moons.  No, really.  You're totally following in the footsteps of the mananauts.

/awesome
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:17:14 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1579 on: December 06, 2014, 05:56:10 AM »
Reading that kind of made me want to play TESO. Valenwood sounds amazing.