Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1540 on: December 03, 2014, 02:35:18 AM »
Well, yes, The Dunmer are very austere. Also, let's not forget that this game was released in 2002. If you want the game to look like it was released later than 2002, use mods.

Mods are irrelevant. I am critiquing the game that was originally released, not the game that had its copious shortfalls corrected by third parties. How you could think this game is better than more recent TES games is beyond me. Maybe more playtime will give me insight on your... interesting... taste in video games.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
The problem is that you'll never be able to like this game as long as I like it as much as I do, because you like to be hilariously glib by disagreeing with everything I say. This means that I've potentially inadvertently ruined the pinnacle of videogame history for you. To help prevent further damage, I won't be defending any of Morrowind's many flaws for the remainder of your playthrough. Instead, here are some screenshots I took today of modern day Balmora:

http://imgur.com/a/iWg8z
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 03, 2014, 03:00:23 AM »
The weather was actually naturally foggy until it cleared up for that last shot. I could extend the view distance as far as I want, but I prefer the fog.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1544 on: December 03, 2014, 04:26:31 AM »
The weather was actually naturally foggy until it cleared up for that last shot. I could extend the view distance as far as I want, but I prefer the fog.

Do you have some sort or natural weather mod? I had something like that on Oblivion. I also had this really brutal gore mod that allowed you to cut off npc limbs.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2014, 04:50:54 AM »
It's becoming difficult to keep track, but I don't think I have anything that changes the weather specifically. It's just a very foggy place.

« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
dem models

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
Well, yes, The Dunmer are very austere. Also, let's not forget that this game was released in 2002. If you want the game to look like it was released later than 2002, use mods.
The problem is that you'll never be able to like this game as long as I like it as much as I do, because you like to be hilariously glib by disagreeing with everything I say. This means that I've potentially inadvertently ruined the pinnacle of videogame history for you. To help prevent further damage, I won't be defending any of Morrowind's many flaws for the remainder of your playthrough. Instead, here are some screenshots I took today of modern day Balmora:

http://imgur.com/a/iWg8z
Let's not forget that Rushy bases his opinion on a videogame solely by its level of graphical detail and quality. It doesn't matter that the game was released in 2002 to him. If it looks worse than modern games, it's worse than modern games. Gameplay and story is irrelevant.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
Let's not forget that Rushy bases his opinion on a videogame solely by its level of graphical detail and quality. It doesn't matter that the game was released in 2002 to him. If it looks worse than modern games, it's worse than modern games. Gameplay and story is irrelevant.

I also commented on the gameplay (unsatisfying combat) and the story (characters don't match their emotions properly). This game really isn't all that great, stop making such a fuss. Regardless of your whinging, graphics are the single most important part of the game because graphics is what you interact with. If graphics weren't important, why would developers bother bettering them?

You and PP are just like the Half-Life nerds that promote it 24/7 and claim Half-Life is literally the best game that ever existed. Both Half-Life and Morrowind were fantastic games in their own right when they were released. These games haven't aged well. Sorry your nostalgia appears to be clouding your already questionable judgement.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »

I also commented on the gameplay (unsatisfying combat) and the story (characters don't match their emotions properly). This game really isn't all that great, stop making such a fuss. Regardless of your whinging, graphics are the single most important part of the game because graphics is what you interact with. If graphics weren't important, why would developers bother bettering them?

You and PP are just like the Half-Life nerds that promote it 24/7 and claim Half-Life is literally the best game that ever existed. Both Half-Life and Morrowind were fantastic games in their own right when they were released. These games haven't aged well. Sorry your nostalgia appears to be clouding your already questionable judgement.

I fully agree with all of these skillfully articulated points.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1550 on: December 03, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »
Morrowind had shitty graphics even for it's own time. We got Halo: Combat Evolved a year before Morrowind, and it looks considerably better in all regards. It's like Bethesda didn't even try with graphics because they figured that the gameplay and overworld was so deep that nothing else mattered.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 03, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
Morrowind had shitty graphics even for it's own time. We got Halo: Combat Evolved a year before Morrowind, and it looks considerably better in all regards. It's like Bethesda didn't even try with graphics because they figured that the gameplay and overworld was so deep that nothing else mattered.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4lifum5.jpg[img]

Before anybody else spoils it for you, I want you to take a really good look at the screenshot you just posted and tell me you honestly believe that those are the graphics of a game released in 2001.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1552 on: December 03, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4lifum5.jpg[img]

Before anybody else spoils it for you, I want you to take a really good look at the screenshot you just posted and tell me you honestly believe that those are the graphics of a game released in 2001.

Of course. Halo: Combat Evolved had really advanced graphics for the time. I could list 6 other games released around that time that looked considerably better than Morrowind. Don't get all pissy just because Morrowind looks like garbage. The developers are to blame here, not me.

Splinter Cell, for example.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:16:18 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 03, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
Okay, just in case you're genuinely retarded and not for teh lulz epic meeming me, this is what Halo: CE looks like:

Ghost of V

« Reply #1554 on: December 03, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
I mean, damn, Myst was released in 1993 and it looks considerably better than Morrowind.

Also, Metroid Prime. 2002. Looks like real life when compared to Morrowind.

Okay, just in case you're genuinely retarded and not for teh lulz epic meeming me, this is what Halo: CE looks like:

You're not helping your case. That screenshot still displays graphics considerably more advanced than Morrowind.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:38:12 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 03, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »
It seems like you actually did mistake a screenshot of the anniversary edition of CE for one of the original game, and are now trying to play it off like you were totally messing with me the entire time. Either way, you are wasting a lot of space.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1556 on: December 03, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »
Look, a presumably-serious article that also associated that picture with the original version of the game:

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/298259,15-best-gaming-graphical-greats.aspx

lol

I do agree that Halo looks better than Morrowind, though.  To be more specific, while the environments of Morrowind look acceptable, the people look completely fucking retarded.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1557 on: December 03, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
So you're trying to say that this:

Looks better than this:

and

I thought we were having a serious conversation.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 03, 2014, 04:44:26 PM »
Look, a presumably-serious article that also associated that picture with the original version of the game:

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/298259,15-best-gaming-graphical-greats.aspx

"But the character engine that sees ragdoll physics throwing dead bodies, arms and legs flaying about"

Yeah, the author definitely just played the anniversary edition and thought it was the original.

They also used the cover art of Exile as a "Myst" screenshot.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:46:05 PM by Particle Person »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1559 on: December 03, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »
Stop citing my sources, guys. You're ruining the fun.

And no, PP2. I have the original Halo: Combat Evolved for PC. You're just easy to bait when it comes to Morrowind.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:57:08 PM by Vauxhall »