Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1340 on: October 16, 2014, 04:26:59 AM »
Like Crudblud said, that's just extra lazy. You're just going to accept that, Saddam? "We can't be bothered to make more than one armor model!"

« Reply #1341 on: October 16, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
Yeah but they have a point. Who the hell wants to make another model for 1 minor race?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1342 on: October 16, 2014, 04:47:02 AM »
I'm actually a bit confused as to why he even added that second paragraph.  He was being asked about the lore relating to the tigers, not if people could play as them.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 16, 2014, 05:00:39 AM »
He accidentally a expansion.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 16, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »
But I killed a monkey in the forest last night.
The Mastery.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 16, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
Kirkbride said that he too was disappointed by the Altmeri architecture.  I wish that he would just write a big long post in which he details everything that he likes and dislikes about the game; it would be so much easier for the rest of us.  That being said, I'm not sure if he's actually played the game or if he's just reacting to stuff he's heard about it.

As for the Dunmer architecture thing, I myst do lore research/play moar to see if I can find anything to argue with you about.  By the way, how far did you get in the game?  Did you clear Stonefalls and Deshaan?

I finished a lot of the content in Stonefalls and then explored Deshaan a little bit before my sub expired. I also snuck around Skyrim a little bit.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1346 on: October 17, 2014, 06:06:45 PM »
But I killed a monkey in the forest last night.

Not a pet monkey.

On the subject of Dunmeri buildings, I have confirmed that the Indoril design does indeed appear to be the only style of Dunmer architecture that appears in the game.  I suppose that the absence of Redoran or Telvanni settlements is justifiable in that their territories aren't playable areas, but Hlaalu is certainly present, and the lack of their architecture in Narsis and the surrounding area is pretty disappointing.  Also, there's Dres, but I don't know - do they have some kind of unique building style?  At the very least, though, the Hlaalu part is strange, and I don't know why they did it.  It had seemed like they had a pretty decent handle on the houses, too.  I especially enjoyed them throwing in little touches, like Telvanni refusing to have anything to do with the Pact, and some members of Dres secretly continuing to enslave Argonians.  Entirely in-character for both of them.

Time to reply to another old post:

So this has me mildly interested, mostly in how each race's armour will be different and influenced by their culture and all. I still highly doubt I'll play it unless someone inexplicably buys me a subscription, but it's kinda a neat look at the game for those who haven't tried it.

That is indeed a cool feature of the game.  In fact, you can take a look at them here:

http://eso-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-style/ (heavy armor)

http://eso-fashion.com/clothing-by-style/ (light and medium armor)

lore lore lore
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:07:59 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1347 on: October 17, 2014, 06:17:57 PM »
Time to reply to another old post:

So this has me mildly interested, mostly in how each race's armour will be different and influenced by their culture and all. I still highly doubt I'll play it unless someone inexplicably buys me a subscription, but it's kinda a neat look at the game for those who haven't tried it.

That is indeed a cool feature of the game.  In fact, you can take a look at them here:

http://eso-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-style/ (heavy armor)

http://eso-fashion.com/clothing-by-style/ (light and medium armor)

lore lore lore

That is a really cool feature. I don't think I've seen any other MMOS do something like this.

I don't understand why it says "Altmer" but shows Khajits and Dunmers wearing it, though.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 17, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »
That is indeed a cool feature.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1349 on: October 17, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
I don't understand why it says "Altmer" but shows Khajits and Dunmers wearing it, though.

Well, there's nothing stopping a Khajiit or Dunmer from wearing them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:19:27 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1350 on: October 17, 2014, 07:24:57 PM »

Well, there's nothing stopping Khajiit or Dunmer from wearing them.

I see. I misunderstood then. I thought that if you had "Steel armor" then it would look different depending on which race was wearing it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1351 on: October 17, 2014, 08:15:23 PM »
Is that your professional opinion?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1352 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Yes, that is my professional opinion as a professional lorefag.  Armor magically changing based on who happens to be wearing it is dum.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1353 on: October 17, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
So how does it work then? Does it depend on where you craft it, who/where you buy it from, or the items used to craft it?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
It depends on the material. Iron/steel/whatever plus a race specific piece of material.
The Mastery.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 18, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »
Yes, that is my professional opinion as a professional lorefag.  Armor magically changing based on who happens to be wearing it is dum.
I don't know, that doesn't seem any more stupid than penis spears.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 18, 2014, 12:54:11 AM »

Vivec is the most fully-realized character in all of fiction. You just don't appreciate the brilliance and imagery
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1357 on: October 19, 2014, 11:44:20 PM »
It depends on the material. Iron/steel/whatever plus a race specific piece of material.

Or if you buy it, it's based on where you buy it.  Dunmer-style armor is sold in Morrowind, Nord-style in Skyrim, etc.

I highly doubt that Muatra was anything other than Vivec's spear, at least as far as the canon of the video game series goes.  I agree with you, though.

Vivec is the most fully-realized character in all of fiction. You just don't appreciate the brilliance and imagery

Indeed:

No responses?  Unacceptable!  spam spam spam

Just kidding.  But here's an interesting interview with Paul Sage:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:The_Elder_Scrolls_Online_-_World_%26_Lore

He's asked about the architectural styles of Morrowind, and while his point about limited resources is understandable, the in-game explanation he offers of "well they built differently in the past" is pretty half-assed.  If it had been me, I'd have said something about how House Hlaalu wasn't a particularly powerful or important house in the time period of TESO, and it was only during the time of the Third Empire, when their influence grew rapidly, that they felt they had the proper justification and financial ability to redesign their cities with their own unique style.  See?  The same basic information is conveyed, but at least I sound like I might actually give a shit.  Also, he shoots down the theory of Ayrenn being Kinmune.

On a more positive note, Valenwood kicks all kinds of ass, at least so far.  Elden Root in particular has a fantastic design, being based in and around the roots of a gigantic tree.  It actually reminds me quite a bit of Ald'ruhn.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:09:02 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 19, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »
It's remarkable how little their Creative Director seems to know about the series, but also not unexpected.

Also, "Mike the Liar"

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 20, 2014, 04:15:58 AM »
Snupes, beerdo, and I were discussing this earlier on IRC.  We're all confused and disturbed by it:

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

Is this seriously canonical?  I took a look on r/teslore, and everyone there seems to be cool with it. :-\

Azura: "GIFTS? WRAITHRING SHADOW MONSTER CROWN STAR GOOD QUESTION"

Azura: "GAHAAAAA NO NO NO PLEASE NO WHATTTTTTttT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO I CANNOT"

Why does Azura read like tumblr posts?

Also:

Almalexia: knock knock

Sotha Sil: who's there?

Almalexia: Ayem.

Sotha Sil: I am what?

Almalexia: You're dead.

Sotha Sil: Alright, no need to get up Seht!

stab
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.