Saddam Hussein

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1260 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
<Saddam> beerdo: Is Azura getting raped really that hot?
<beerdo> lol
<Crudblud> Only if you're Kirkbride
<beerdo> But why is Azura a Dunmer?
<beerdo> Why would she take that form?
<Crudblud> To symbolise Vivec's rape of the Dunmer people by forcing them to roll dice every time they swing a sword
<Saddam> More importantly, why would she babble like a retard after being summoned?
<Crudblud> Because internet joke comic
<Saddam> No, that was in the story
<Crudblud> Because internet joke story
<Saddam> I notice that Kirkbride was roleplaying as both Vivec and Azura
<Saddam> That's a conflict of interest right there
<Crudblud> He is raping himself as a Dunmer
<Saddam> You always have to be careful when you roleplay multiple characters to avoid stuff like this
<Saddam> Anyway, like I said, the r/teslore community seems fine with the whole thing and defensive whenever lore noobs show up to ask them what the fuck they just read
<Crudblud> Also "Azura is come" isn't retard babble, it's just that kind of outmoded speech people like to use in fantasy writing because they are stupid
<Saddam> But seriously though, if you look at the link I posted, Kirkbride roleplays Azura as...I'm not even sure what he was doing
<beerdo> Maybe he was high
<Saddam> WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO
<Saddam> GIFTS? WRAITHRING SHADOW MONSTER CROWN STAR GOOD QUESTION
<Blanko> Imagine how Morrowind would have turned out if there was no one holding Kirkbride back
<Crudblud> Vivec rapes the retard Nerevarine with his penis spear
<Crudblud> The end
<Parsifal> I need to get back to Morrowind one of these days
<Parsifal> The Mages' Guild needs me
<Crudblud> Was Kirkbride just around for Morrowind?
<Parsifal> I had to go collect 2000 gold from a guild member, and I got to keep half if I succeeded
<Parsifal> So I bribed them 200 gold, which earned me enough influence to collect 2000 gold in dues
<Parsifal> Morrowind's character system is best
<Saddam> Kirkbride was one of the main writers of Redguard
<Saddam> And of course, he had a limited role in Morrowind
<Saddam> Aside from that, he's just done some very minor work on Oblivion and Skyrim, writing a few books and such
<Crudblud> I wonder if Oblivion and Skyrim would have been more interesting if he'd had greater influence
<Saddam> Probably a bit too interesting
<beerdo> Vivec would have been in both
<Saddam> He would have shown up at the last minute and killed Alduin
<beerdo> by faceraping him with his penis spear
<beerdo> Same with Oblivion. Lol, fuck Martin, here's Vive raping Dagon with his penis spear
<Saddam> He has already demonstrated in the past that his milk finger can stifle Thu'um, so yes
<beerdo> Vivec, even

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 06, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
<Blanko> Imagine how Morrowind would have turned out if there was no one holding Kirkbride back

I don't think anyone was, really. I think he was just less crazy back then.

<Saddam> And of course, he had a limited role in Morrowind

He created all of Morrowind's concept art, so he had an enormous impact on the atmosphere and aesthetic of the game. He was also one of the lead writers and quest designers, until he left.

Snupes, beerdo, and I were discussing this earlier on IRC.  We're all confused and disturbed by it:

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

Is this seriously canonical?  I took a look on r/teslore, and everyone there seems to be cool with it. :-\

Most TES lore sluts understand that the division between canon and non-canon is much fuzzier for this series than for most others, due to the very mutable nature of the Aurbis (both space and time) and the potential for an infinite amount of parallel realities.

Some people might see this as kind of a cop-out, but that's the way it is. Nothing is true, everything is permitted, use the force Luke, there can only be one, e pluribus unum, and you're a wizard Harry.

<beerdo> But why is Azura a Dunmer?
<beerdo> Why would she take that form?

She (or "it", really) is most closely associated with the Dunmer (and the Chimer before them), so she sometimes decides to appear as one.  Daedric Lords can appear however they want. They aren't bound to your cis hetero-normative, white, plural, highly triggering preconceptions of what a Daedric Lord "should be".
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:21:52 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1262 on: October 06, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »
He created all of Morrowind's concept art, so he had an enormous impact on the atmosphere and aesthetic of the game. He was also one of the lead writers and quest designers, until he left.

Yeah, that was a mistake.  I had been referring to the fact that he left Bethesda during the game's development, but it seems like the final product was pretty much in line with what he and the other writers had envisioned.

Also, it's "be only one," not "only be one."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:24:17 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 06, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »
THERE IS ONLY ROOM FOR ONE

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1264 on: October 06, 2014, 05:25:23 PM »
Get back to playing TESO already.  There's lore and stuff.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 06, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »
I'll re-subscribe eventually, but right now I'm too busy with Endless Legend and E:D. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #1266 on: October 06, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
I'll re-subscribe eventually, but right now I'm too busy with Endless Legend and E:D.

For those of you who don't know:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erectile_dysfunction

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1267 on: October 08, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
Hammerfell is a million times more interesting than High Rock.  It's a shame that there's only two zones available in it, one of which is a tiny island.  High Rock, meanwhile, has six zones.

Online beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 08, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
But Craglorn!
The Mastery.

Online beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 08, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »
So there's just Craglorn and Stros M'Kai?
The Mastery.

Online beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 08, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
But Craglorn is in Hammerfell.

Also, I'm counting four regions in Hammerfell. Stros M'Kai, Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai, and Craglorn.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:55:12 PM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1271 on: October 11, 2014, 11:56:31 PM »
Okay, so it looks like Bangkorai actually stretches over both regions, and Craglorn is indeed in Hammerfell.  I guess I'm the lorenoob.  In any case, Craglorn apparently only has group PvE activities, so I doubt I'll be spending much time there.

There's a quest where you have to get rid of a few local spies.  The way it works is that every time you find one, you signal some crows that come down and literally peck them to death.  It reminds me of James's thrilling tale of being attacked by a flock of conspiracy-trained birds.

More updates on the game, because I know you're all eager for them.  I don't like the difficulty curve of the veteran levels.  The enemies go up one level in each new zone, but it takes so much xp for you to level up that it's very difficult for you to keep up with how powerful the enemies are becoming, at least without spending lots of time on tedious grinding.  Also, enemy archers are absurdly overpowered.

On a more positive note, I've begun playing the game in third-person, and I have found that my combat performance has improved greatly.  I guess Rushy was right, this game is WoW, not TES, and needs to be played as such.  I miss muh immersion, though.  It feels a lot more realistic to be playing as a pair of disembodied floating arms.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:56:52 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1272 on: October 12, 2014, 12:02:23 AM »
You could play in 1st person while exploring, then switch to 3rd in combat situations.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1273 on: October 12, 2014, 02:25:06 AM »
The immersion point was a joke, hence my pejorative description of first person as being a pair of disembodied arms.  I originally played the game in first-person simply because I was used to playing TES games in first-person, and the reason I played them in first-person is because, as we all know, TES games play like shit in third-person.  Which doesn't really reflect well on Bethesda, when you think about how combat in third-person tends to be far more strategic, involving, challenging, and entertaining than in first-person games.  And yet TES is so often praised for having an "iconic," "immersive," and "unique" first-person perspective.  It kind of reminds me of how the series is also acclaimed for having such an active and attentive mod community, with very few journalists and reviewers connecting the dots and realizing that the mere existence of such a community is strong evidence that the developer is too lazy, cheap, and/or incompetent to properly finish the games themselves.  Bethesda seems to have a real talent for making their flaws look like positive attributes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:59:28 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:02 AM »
combat in third-person tends to be far more strategic, involving, challenging, and entertaining than in first-person games.

sitation kneaded

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
It seems like the MMO craze is slowly winding down.

« Reply #1276 on: October 12, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
It seems like the MMO craze is slowly winding down.

No. The market is just saturated. WoW still exists and has a gargantuan sub base. New games (i.e last few years) like LoL and Dota2 have also pulled in millions of people.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1277 on: October 12, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
combat in third-person tends to be far more strategic, involving, challenging, and entertaining than in first-person games.

sitation kneaded

I cite Blanko as my source.  He knows that third-person combat is objectively superior to first-person.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 12, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
>cites me on something I've never said

epic shitter

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 12, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »
I woul have posted the log if it hadn already disappeared from my chat history.

durnk sadaam