Offline 789

• View Profile
new sattelite & its pictures
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:34:02 AM »
A new weather-predicting satellite went into operation not long ego:
https://webslice.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/marvel-at-these-first-pics-from-a-next-gen-weather-satellite/78519/

The two Earth pictures in the article were taken at different times; the Earth moved but the clouds remained the same

The curvature in the Moon shot and the curvature in the full Earth shot; what a difference

Elusive Rabbit

Re: new sattelite & its pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »
I know it is cliché, but these pictures are faked. They simply don't prove anything; they hardly function as evidence; and, frankly, I've seen better texture rendering in POSTAL 2.

The satellite may or may not be real, however.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:52:29 AM by Elusive Rabbit »

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
I know it is cliché, but these pictures are faked. They simply don't prove anything; they hardly function as evidence; and, frankly, I've seen better texture rendering in POSTAL 2.

But of course they are!
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:04:47 AM »

To the close minded no evidence can ever be ever sufficient. In the meantime people in the real world will use the information from all these satellites.

It's your loss, not mine.

And just a thought, maybe your "better texture rendering" looks prettier, but is not true to life. Unaltered satellite photos often look dull and lifeless.

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 04:34:28 AM »
To the close minded no evidence can ever be ever sufficient. In the meantime people in the real world will use the information from all these satellites.

And just a thought, maybe your "better texture rendering" looks prettier, but is not true to life. Unaltered satellite photos often look dull and lifeless.
I never said these satellites weren't real. I called bluff on the photos, which hardly function as evidence. Even if they were photos of a flat Earth, they should be scrutinized intensely because of how prone photography is to being inauthentic.

They should at least make their altered, designed photos look nicer. My BlackBerry takes better photos, and that is saying something.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:36:13 AM by Elusive Rabbit »

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:40:01 AM »

I never said these satellites weren't real. I called bluff on the photos, which hardly function as evidence.

They should at least make their altered, designed photos look nicer. My BlackBerry takes better photos, and that is saying something.  ::)

Well if the photos don't count as evidence how about this:

This has less to do with me understanding why anyone would fake them, and more to do with me understanding that people didn't fake them. I very much doubt that they would try to deceive us by producing and publishing fake photos.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:26 AM »

I never said these satellites weren't real. I called bluff on the photos, which hardly function as evidence. Even if they were photos of a flat Earth, they should be scrutinized intensely because of how prone photography is to being inauthentic.

The aim is not to make "nicer" photos, but real photos of the earth. Simple unmodified RGB photos of earth do not look all that "colourful".

Just get the message, these satellite photos were never meant to convince a few cynics that the earth is a Globe, they are produced to provide a useful service to those want to use it.

None of these Space Agencies cares in the slightest what you might think. None of what they do is to impress you!

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 12:57:10 AM »
I very much doubt that they would try to deceive us by producing and publishing fake photos.
This is where we differ-- I think that they would try to deceive us!

The aim is not to make "nicer" photos, but real photos of the earth. Simple unmodified RGB photos of earth do not look all that "colourful".

Just get the message, these satellite photos were never meant to convince a few cynics that the earth is a Globe, they are produced to provide a useful service to those want to use it.

None of these Space Agencies cares in the slightest what you might think. None of what they do is to impress you!
I could basically surmise your rebuttal as, "Shut up, you just don't get it! These photos aren't for you, anyway!"

That's a weak rebuttal, rabinoz. C'mon.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:00:07 AM by Elusive Rabbit »

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 01:23:12 AM »
I very much doubt that they would try to deceive us by producing and publishing fake photos.

My statement was one of your quotes from another thread adapted to this particular topic.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:30 AM »
My statement was one of your quotes from another thread adapted to this particular topic.
Irrelevant.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »
Irrelevant.
LOL

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 02:39:45 AM »

I could basically surmise your rebuttal as, "Shut up, you just don't get it! These photos aren't for you, anyway!"

That's a weak rebuttal, rabinoz. C'mon.
I can't prove to you that photo XYZ is real and I don't know why I should bother.

I didn't say "Shut up, you just don't get it!", but yes "These photos aren't" produced to impress "you, anyway!"
As I stated, they are produced for the assistance of those who need to use them.
I'm no expert on using satellite images, but the RGB channels are just a minor part of what the satellites send back.
The imagers on the Himawari-8 and 9 satellites send back data on 16 wavelengths, ranging from the Blue, Green and Red visible light through near infra-red to quite far infra-red.

If you think that this all is fiction made up to impress the masses, there is not much I can do to change your mind. I'm fully aware of this bit of Flat Earth logic on "the conspiracy"
    P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
    P2) The Flat Earth is an obvious truth
    P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET
           - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence

P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
    P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.
Since "The Flat Earth is an obvious truth" and satellite photos are "personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET" therefore satellite photos must be "fabricated evidence".

As I said, there is not point trying to prove something that to you is not provable.

Though my words might mean something to someone not quite so convinced of the truth the flat earth.

geckothegeek

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 02:37:53 AM »
Let's face it.
Satellites are real
Satellite photos are real
The earth is a globe is real

But flat earthers are going to say everything that is real is a fake. But that's their problem. If they want to live in their own little fantasy world, let's just leave them to it if they just want to (quote) "believe".
But for those of who work in the real world....I am sure some on a 24/7 schedule......We have no problems. We just know and have no doubts about the shape of the earth and how things work because of the shape of the earth. We don't know every thing but enough to make a lot of things work.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:40:58 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 04:37:44 AM »
Let's face it.
Satellites are real
Satellite photos are real
The earth is a globe is real

A convincing argument and you provided undeniable evidence...

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »
The Flat Earth is an obvious truth
If only it was. Most people probably won't ever consider the shape of Earth beyond their seventh grade science project.

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »
The Flat Earth is an obvious truth
If only it was. Most people probably won't ever consider the shape of Earth beyond their seventh grade science project.
But then again, who and what invented a need to?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

totallackey

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
These are not pictures.

They are renderings.

Please try to be honest in future posts.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
A new weather-predicting satellite went into operation not long ego:
https://webslice.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/marvel-at-these-first-pics-from-a-next-gen-weather-satellite/78519/

The two Earth pictures in the article were taken at different times; the Earth moved but the clouds remained the same
Excuse me! That satellite is in a "circular geosynchronous orbit". So as the earth moves, the satellite moves through the same angle and keeps facing the same part of the earth.
So, maybe you would like to revise your comments.

Quote from: 789
The curvature in the Moon shot and the curvature in the full Earth shot; what a difference

You say, "The curvature in the Moon shot and the curvature in the full Earth shot; what a difference".
Honestly I fail to see a problem. Look at.
The "curve of the earth" is about 42,000 km from the camera and the moon about 427,000 km.
The moon is roughly 10 times the distance, so it will look only about one tenth the size that their diameters would indicate. No problem!

Offline 789

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 09:58:15 PM »

their diameters would indicate. No problem!

No, I would not; that was one of my points that, contrary to the claim, either the satellite or the Earth moved (or the hand of the guy who painted the picture shook a little). the other point (which you missed) that the clouds in the two pictures are exactly the same.

As for the curvature (of Earth) in the Moon shot and the curvature (of Earth) in the full globus picture: that zoomed right over your head

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 03:22:30 AM »

their diameters would indicate No problem!

No, I would not; that was one of my points that, contrary to the claim, either the satellite or the Earth moved (or the hand of the guy who painted the picture shook a little). the other point (which you missed) that the clouds in the two pictures are exactly the same.

As for the curvature (of Earth) in the Moon shot and the curvature (of Earth) in the full globus picture: that zoomed right over your head
If I missed so many things, maybe you should explain what you mean.
Please show exactly where you think "the satellite or the Earth moved" - give a "blow up" of the bits that you think are "odd".
Just remember that clouds move at only tens of km/hr in normal conditions. Even if the images were taken hours apart there would be little difference.

That is a geostationary satellite and it does not move relative to the earth, end of story.

Do you mean this image:
GOES-16's Full Disk image from the Advanced Baseline Imager,
at 1:07 p.m. EST, Jan 15, 2017

and this image
Full Disk image from the GOES-13 satellite, which was launched in 2006,
and has been serving as the “GOES-East” satellite,
returning imagery of the eastern half of North America,
the Atlantic Ocean and all of South America, ever since.

Those images are taken on different satellites with different cameras, with presumably different focal length lenses.

Please learn a little about photography before criticising little things like size of image.