Offline Stevan

• View Profile
I'm here to admire different schools of thought and was hoping to learn something but I can't get over the fact that I've seen things that TFES adamantly denies so I need some help from you to determine why what I've seen and experienced with my own eyes is a lie.  After college, I was with the US Coast Guard for 9 years and was a Navigation first officer during many Antarctic crossings where it was our job to continually monitor and report large ice breakings so we could monitor and report to Southern shipping lanes for safety reasons.  We also constantly photographed (and continue to do so) the advancing and retreating of Antarctic ice sheets to determine the level of advancement we are experiencing of melting ice.

At 49, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person and have been a life-long explorer at heart (having sailed every ocean and have circumnavigated the planet).  Herein lies my confusion....I have flown across Antarctica and have seen the continent from one side to another in less than a day (how is this possible in the FE model)?  How have I seen (dozens of times), a completely different starry sky in the Northern Hemisphere than I do in the Southern Hem?  I know that compasses and Telescopes are not a form of Witchcraft, and one could not possibly surmise that an agency like NASA has lied about literally everything under the scrutiny of some very intelligent people that have graced our planet.  I can't imagine that this has been some huge conspiracy just to sell globes.  Please help.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Those who promote a flat earth have not benefitted from the experiences you've had.  Since they have themselves seen nothing to convince them of the earth's roundness, they consider what you have seen and done to be impossible, and thus you and I must be liars, shills, or alternate usernames created by one of us round earthers.  Military folks like you and me (Go Navy!) are often further accused of being active members of The Conspiracy, or dupes of it.  In your case, you must have been an active part of The Conspiracy, since only by knowing the true shape of things could a navigation officer successfully return your aircraft to its base in that part of the world, where the globe shape diverges the most from the 'true' flat shape (whichever version of the falt earth your accuser holds true).

That's one theory.  The other theory is: none of them believe it, they're having a laugh.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Stevan

• View Profile
Oh, also...since there are so many that have flown over Antarctica and continue to do so, where are the flat earth explorers who have seen and documented many-month trips along a perimeter ice wall that never ends? All I've seen so far are references to ancient explorers and old books, is there any current exploration evidence?  Before I subscribe to a theory that we live in a giant snowglobe, I need people to understand why we (navigators) do not use the Bible as a navigation reference since from what I can see so far, so many are referencing the bible as proof of a flat earth.  If one were to take biblical geography as fact, wouldn't the earth have corners?  I have attached a couple images of the Antartic continent showing the frozen ice sheets surrounding the land mass.  Please explain.

İntikam

I have not enough english to undestand you completely but i want to answer what i understand.

First you need to leanr that there is not a flat map that everybody accepted.

We know that the round earth is a liae because it is impossible if the atmospher is spinnig with a speed from 1000 milph to 3.000 milph with don't difuses the sky. So the round earth model is completely impossible. But this impossibility don't caused by shape, it's caused by just movement.

There is a lot of models about flat earth, the globe is one of them. Your travel is possible with a hemi-sphere model like this:

This is orlando ferguson model near what i want to say.

Another model is "reverse curve model (inside curve)". This model permits what you say, and compatible with all of the measurements of the world. To understand second model, think the curve earth model is the outside of the curve, and reverse it out to in and in to out.

what I want to say is it is possible a lot of model except round earth or flat earth model that permits sitting on a mountain and see everywhere. don't rely on a single model. Just trust to God never lies.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:05:32 PM by İntikam »

I have not enough english to undestand you completely but i want to answer what i understand.

We know that the round earth is a liae because it is impossible if the atmospher is spinnig with a speed from 1000 milph to 3.000 milph with don't difuses the sky. So the round earth model is completely impossible. But this impossibility don't caused by shape, it's caused by just movement.

There is a lot of models about flat earth, the globe is one of them. Your travel is possible with a hemi-sphere model like this:

Another model is "reverse curve model (inside curve)". This model permits what you say, and compatible with all of the measurements of the world. To understand second model, think the curve earth model is the outside of the curve, and reverse it out to in and in to out.

what I want to say is it is possible a lot of model except round earth or flat earth model that permits sitting on a mountain and see everywhere. don't rely on a single model. Just trust to God never lies.

You must be the worst of all the flat earth promoters.

You deem facts about the globe earth impossible without even understanding it, and I'll probably be the only one to comment your drivel about the atmosphere: it's just that stupid.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

İntikam

You deem facts about the globe earth impossible without even understanding it, and I'll probably be the only one to comment your drivel about the atmosphere: it's just that stupid.

This answer was not for you.

You and other rounders usually are ude, vulgar, profane and the unprincipled ones.

This answer was not for you.

You and other rounders usually are ude, vulgar, profane and the unprincipled ones.
That's really a 50/50 thing to be honest, but people in the defense will always point fingers.

You know what is rude? Disregarding facts that people spent a lifetime discovering including years of education and expanding of their horizon, without even understanding these facts or the science behind them, while pointing fingers at the made-believe opposition telling them they're uninformed, all while believing that watching a few hours of YouTube videos makes you wiser than 99% of the modern society, regarding yourself one of the very few knowing the "real truth".

It's rude, condescending, and unintelligent.

İntikam

I'm saying again for stupids:

"I don't care who talked except Stevan.

He asked and i answered him. "

I don't need to get involved with some men that profane, immoral, unprincipled, ignorant, stupid, childish and ridiculous.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
If you want to have a private talk with Stevan, send him a private message.  If you jump into the public discussion thread, you are likely to draw comments from others.  That's just how a forum works; it's actually the whole point of a forum.

I don't need to get involved with some men that profane, immoral, unprincipled, ignorant, stupid, childish and ridiculous.
A good way to not 'get involved with some men' who behave in ways you don't like would be to ignore them.  One doesn't need to reply to every comment.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

Oh, also...since there are so many that have flown over Antarctica and continue to do so, where are the flat earth explorers who have seen and documented many-month trips along a perimeter ice wall that never ends? All I've seen so far are references to ancient explorers and old books, is there any current exploration evidence? 
Oh, also...since there are so many who have flown over Antarctica and continue to do so, where is any current exploratory evidence?? 

Can the OP provide 1 video of himself flying over Antarctica as he claims? 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Oh, also...since there are so many who have flown over Antarctica and continue to do so, where is any current exploratory evidence?? 

Here you go

I weren't "rude" or "immoral", I just laid out reality. You comment on known facts, often even facts that flat earthers take into account, saying its all wrong and implying we're stupid because "we can't see".

I'm not the one being rude here, dude. Now you implicitly tell me to shut up,  because you were "talking with someone else"? Do you understand the purpose of a forum?

I replied to you, and let me repeat that, because you're mocking facts that are well understood, even accounted for by other flat earth promoters, simply because you do not understand.

İntikam

If you want to have a private talk with Stevan, send him a private message.  If you jump into the public discussion thread, you are likely to draw comments from others.  That's just how a forum works; it's actually the whole point of a forum.

A good way to not 'get involved with some men' who behave in ways you don't like would be to ignore them.  One doesn't need to reply to every comment.

I don't remember that i want any suggestions. So do you? I wonder if all of rounders are you unprincipled human or just are you try to defend your brother in religion. (RE)

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
I don't remember that i want any suggestions. So do you? I wonder if all of rounders are you unprincipled human or just are you try to defend your brother in religion. (RE)

It's not about what you want.  You complained about other people talking to you, I explained why it happened.  Many times you have pointed out to us that you are not American.  As a courtesy I thought maybe an explanation of how we do things in this predominantly American forum was appropriate.  Which part of it do you find "unprincipled", I wonder?  You're the one doing the name-calling, after all.

Offline Venus

• View Profile

It's not about what you want.  You complained about other people talking to you, I explained why it happened.  Many times you have pointed out to us that you are not American.  As a courtesy I thought maybe an explanation of how we do things in this predominantly American forum was appropriate.  Which part of it do you find "unprincipled", I wonder?  You're the one doing the name-calling, after all.

Enough is enough !!
Intikam this is a "FORUM"  that is, it iw a group discussion where everyone is entitled to have their say.
If you want to have a one-on-one conversation with one other person then I am sure that there is a private message button or something similar.

And I tend to agree with rounder ... you should examine the real science, the real astronomy, the real geography, the real cartography, the real observations, the real measurements, and the real maths before you make statements which prove you have no knowledge of these subjects.
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Guys God didnt even write the Bible so you are trusting the word of a bunch of novice politicians who knew nothing about science at the time. The Earth is round. end of story. I have travelled between England and Australia dozens of times and I guarantee most of the people on this forum have been in an airplane. Even looking out to sea its obvious that the world is round. there is no evidence whatsoever that the earth is flat or inside out or upside down or anything else.

İntikam

I didn't understand most of you write. But a few. Where is the american forum sign on this forum, i didn't see. There is already a good site for flat earthers like here, so why i want to go anywhere except here? You want to try just demoralized me. I'm happy to be here because there are those a lot of people who think like me.

Despite all good intentions i can not find a valid reason to be here for the rounders. I don't want say about someboyd here like "nasa trolls" but here is the rounders usually writing as there is a war or fight. Most of men are thinkers here, but most of the rounders acting Fe's like we are some barbarians. No we don't. And no one of you is our teachers. But you are acting as you are right and we want you teach us something. You are wrong. The world's move is impossible so ; whatever you do it will not change this idea. and you know you personalize however. it makes all the trolls. but I'm not saying you troll.

I didn't understand most of you write. But a few. Where is the american forum sign on this forum, i didn't see. There is already a good site for flat earthers like here, so why i want to go anywhere except here? You want to try just demoralized me. I'm happy to be here because there are those a lot of people who think like me.

Despite all good intentions i can not find a valid reason to be here for the rounders. I don't want say about someboyd here like "nasa trolls" but here is the rounders usually writing as there is a war or fight. Most of men are thinkers here, but most of the rounders acting Fe's like we are some barbarians. No we don't. And no one of you is our teachers. But you are acting as you are right and we want you teach us something. You are wrong. The world's move is impossible so ; whatever you do it will not change this idea. and you know you personalize however. it makes all the trolls. but I'm not saying you troll.
You have to understand, that even though a lot of people use this forum for practicing debating skills, FE'ers are making absurd claims that contradicts centuries of findings.

Most, if not all claims made by FE'ers can be argumented against, simply by explaining observations (facts) with theories (explanations) that are repeatable. The reason RE'ers reply to you is because you more often than not express an opinion about something you can't have an opinion about.

You can decide for yourself if you think is cool or not that we have satellites in orbit around globe earth, broadcasting TV signals and coordinates to your cell phone, but you can't have an opinion about the validity or the correctness of those facts.

That's why RE'ers reply. And because you have an agenda, you react in defense by claiming we're hostile.

There's not a snowballs chance in hell I'm going to be silent when I see seemingly adult people spreading bad science that may or may not harm the progress of the coming generations.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:26:06 PM by andruszkow »

geckothegeek

I'm here to admire different schools of thought and was hoping to learn something but I can't get over the fact that I've seen things that TFES adamantly denies so I need some help from you to determine why what I've seen and experienced with my own eyes is a lie.  After college, I was with the US Coast Guard for 9 years and was a Navigation first officer during many Antarctic crossings where it was our job to continually monitor and report large ice breakings so we could monitor and report to Southern shipping lanes for safety reasons.  We also constantly photographed (and continue to do so) the advancing and retreating of Antarctic ice sheets to determine the level of advancement we are experiencing of melting ice.

At 49, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person and have been a life-long explorer at heart (having sailed every ocean and have circumnavigated the planet).  Herein lies my confusion....I have flown across Antarctica and have seen the continent from one side to another in less than a day (how is this possible in the FE model)?  How have I seen (dozens of times), a completely different starry sky in the Northern Hemisphere than I do in the Southern Hem?  I know that compasses and Telescopes are not a form of Witchcraft, and one could not possibly surmise that an agency like NASA has lied about literally everything under the scrutiny of some very intelligent people that have graced our planet.  I can't imagine that this has been some huge conspiracy just to sell globes.  Please help.

It has been truly said.....and it's not my words but a well known quote..... all over on the Internet ......."The Flat Earth Society" is one big hoax or one big joke." LOL,

But IMHO that....in the words of the old "Pogo" comic strip....."We have met the enemy and they are us." applies to the FES. LOL.

I have been in the US Navy, worked for the US FAA, and have an amateur radio license (See "Moon  Bounce Measurement of the distance from the earth to the moon") so consider me part of "The Great Round Earth Conspiracy" . LOL

Has anyone considered the possibility  that people like Intikam are just "Round Earthers" who post all their drivel to make the FES look worse than it already is ?

We KNOW we're right and we KNOW you may just THINK we're wrong......There is a difference.

Another IMHO. Don't get mad at the FE's. Just don't take them seriously. I still have a suspicion they are actors.....bad actors ?

See my signature line.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:48:07 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

Those who promote a flat earth have not benefitted from the experiences you've had.  Since they have themselves seen nothing to convince them of the earth's roundness, they consider what you have seen and done to be impossible, and thus you and I must be liars, shills, or alternate usernames created by one of us round earthers.  Military folks like you and me (Go Navy!) are often further accused of being active members of The Conspiracy, or dupes of it.  In your case, you must have been an active part of The Conspiracy, since only by knowing the true shape of things could a navigation officer successfully return your aircraft to its base in that part of the world, where the globe shape diverges the most from the 'true' flat shape (whichever version of the falt earth your accuser holds true).

That's one theory.  The other theory is: none of them believe it, they're having a laugh.

I am in agreement with both of your theories.

When I was in the US Navy I was an ET2 at the end of my enlistment, eligible for promotion to ET1. Most of my ET shipmates had at least graduated from High School and some like myself had attended or graduated from technical courses in a Junior College or engineering courses in University and had the advantage of studies in basic geography -  knowing the earth was the shape of the globe in the class room and aware that the distance to the horizon was limited by the observer and was due to the curvature of the earth, etc.

When we studied Radar in ET School  we just knew this already and that reinforced the fact that the Radar antenna had to be as high as possible for the greatest range of that Radar (SG-1b).

When we finally went to sea that certainly proved that the horizon is a distinct line were sea and sky meet , the distance limited by the height of the Radar or viisually for the lookout in the crow's nest. This dis-proved the flat earth fantasy of "The horizon is an indistinct blur which fades away at an infinite distance."
Same thing for the old flat earth fallacy of "Recovering to sight with a telescope a ship was has passed over the horizon."

So the bottom line is that we have had the opportunity to study, observe and put this to practical use. Unfortunately flat earthers seem to have  not had these opportunities and simply believe the earth is flat  because of their short-sided view that tne earth is  flat on the ground on which they are standing.

Though I am really more in agreement with your "other theory."     LOL.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:23:07 AM by geckothegeek »