Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Continents
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 03:17:27 AM »
and successful navigation is as good a proof of accuracy as there is, maybe the ONLY proof there is.
Well, if we accept this as true (which I categorically don't, but let's humour you), then RE and FE maps are equally accurate.
I assume that you "categorically don't" accept that an "appropriate projection of the globe" is accurate for navigation.

Well, that's a bit odd, Captain Cook used "Globe maps" to find tiny places in the Pacific, such as Tahiti.
Sir Charles Kingsford Smith used "Globe maps" to find tiny refuelling stops, and his distances had to be fairly close, or he would run out of fuel.
QANTAS route planners use "Globe maps" to plan the Sydney to/from Santiago and to/from Johannesburg routes. Their distances have to be close, because they are not far from the safe range of the aircraft used.
In all the cases the distances on the "Ice-Wall" map is far in excess of the distance on the Globe and there is no hint that any of these used the "Bipolar Map".

So, maybe you could indicate where the Flat Earth map is more accurate than an appropriate projection of the globe.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 04:14:44 AM »
And how do you get around the problem that even some so-called "true flat earth believers" say "There is no flat earth map" ?
Stick close to your P.C's and never go to sea
And You All may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Yes, Never, Never, Never go to sea
Just look out your windows,
Flat ! Flat ! Flat !
Is all that you shall see !

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:02 PM »
and successful navigation is as good a proof of accuracy as there is, maybe the ONLY proof there is.
Well, if we accept this as true (which I categorically don't, but let's humour you), then RE and FE maps are equally accurate.
I assume that you "categorically don't" accept that an "appropriate projection of the globe" is accurate for navigation.
No, I categorically don't accept that successful navigation is a good proof of accuracy (I quoted you saying it directly before disagreeing with you - this shouldn't be hard to figure out). I then continue to say that if it was a proof of accuracy, then both maps are proven to be accurate.

The rest of your post is based on a faulty assumption, so I'll save you the effort of reading through my responses.
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

Where live, do the offer adult reading classes?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 01:30:07 AM »
No, I categorically don't accept that successful navigation is a good proof of accuracy (I quoted you saying it directly before disagreeing with you - this shouldn't be hard to figure out). I then continue to say that if it was a proof of accuracy, then both maps are proven to be accurate.

The rest of your post is based on a faulty assumption, so I'll save you the effort of reading through my responses.
This is hardly the place to start a debate. But if you like you start a thread in the General or Debate section, we could politely discuss how
QANTAS flights 27 and 28 manage ro fly non-stop Sydney to/from Santiago and
QANTAS flights 63 and 64 manage ro fly non-stop Sydney to/from Johannesburg.

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 02:33:58 AM »
we could politely discuss how
QANTAS flights 27 and 28 manage ro fly non-stop Sydney to/from Santiago and
QANTAS flights 63 and 64 manage ro fly non-stop Sydney to/from Johannesburg.
I don't see how any of that is relevant to your claim that successful navigation is a measure of a map's accuracy.
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

Where live, do the offer adult reading classes?

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 02:38:27 PM »
We started to Asia with these cities:

moscow sheremetyevo
beijing capital
new delhi indira gandhi
astana int
dubai international

But we see that Beijing is in incorrect place and distances are so wrong. See how the planes going a wrong route when coming from Beijing to Delhi. They do not extend the road map faulty. So we extract out the beijing  from the list. I'll find another city instead of Beijing.

See these 4 photos to understand what is going on. It is enough to fly directly China to India but plane unnecessarily traveling around a lot of country. Look to 4th picture first.

moscow sheremetyevo
new delhi indira gandhi
astana int
dubai international
Guangzhou Baiyun Int'l (instead of Beijing)

After that we see the globe map of the Asia completely wrong. The planned distances does not match with the flying distances. So we'll get "shortest" flying distances instead of "planning distances". Then we'll correct it by reducing 10 kms because of fixes statistic errors.

moscow sheremetyevo vs new delhi indira gandhi (planned 4367 kms)

4.440 km
4.540 km
4.513 km
4.598 km
4.509 km
4.497 km
4.551 km
4.484 km
4.744 km
4.567 km
4.480 km
4.451 km
4.614 km
4.616 km
4.519 km
4.517 km
4.510 km
4.503 km
4.700 km
4.658 km
4.595 km
4.586 km
4.503 km

minimum value is: 4.440 kms
statistic fix: -10kms

moscow sheremetyevo vs new delhi indira gandhi exact distance : 4.430 kms (by flying routes)
Those flight directions, such as avoiding certain countries, arise from politics and weather

Offline TriangularEarth

• Not the same one who has the thread hating on him
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »
Ok, so your using flight paths to determine distances. But, the thing is, did you measure it yourself or believe everything you see on the internet?

Have you ever thought that it would not help the airlines to lie about distances? What good would google get from using 'incorrect data'? Does google just pluck up a random number? Are you aware that not all flights are in a streight line? Why with Asia did you use a flight path that clearly wasn't straight? How does you saying "it's possible " validate it?

İntikam

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »
Ok, so your using flight paths to determine distances. But, the thing is, did you measure it yourself or believe everything you see on the internet?

Have you ever thought that it would not help the airlines to lie about distances? What good would google get from using 'incorrect data'? Does google just pluck up a random number? Are you aware that not all flights are in a streight line? Why with Asia did you use a flight path that clearly wasn't straight? How does you saying "it's possible " validate it?

If you agree, we should measure distance from Beijing to New Delhi with a metre, instead of using internet, ok.