Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Reddit and the Flat Earth
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:43 AM »
I decided to get a bit more active on the tfes.org subreddit. After only a couple of days, I've got a small amount of RE Redditors all hot and bothered. They're mostly petulant children who kick and scream and say "no ur dumb and wrong" but cannot actually give a logical reason to why they think that. They're the epitome of a brainwashed herd of sheep. I am doing my best not to lump all round earthers into the same category. They certainly aren't representing the RE community very well.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Re: Reddit and the Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:29 AM »
Yea, I visited the tfes.org subreddit as well and many of the REers were simply being ridiculous.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 03:35:14 AM »
I decided to get a bit more active on the tfes.org subreddit. After only a couple of days, I've got a small amount of RE Redditors all hot and bothered. They're mostly petulant children who kick and scream and say "no ur dumb and wrong" but cannot actually give a logical reason to why they think that. They're the epitome of a brainwashed herd of sheep. I am doing my best not to lump all round earthers into the same category. They certainly aren't representing the RE community very well.

Based on my experience it seems to me that they are representing the RE community perfectly.
>o<
We operate from experiment to experience here, and do not tolerate merely imagining how things would be in a perfect world.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 04:05:50 AM »
Based on my experience it seems to me that they are representing the RE community perfectly.

On one level I agree with you,  but, no, the reality is they just represent the level of knowledge in the community as a whole,  which is a sad reflection on the state of the education system.

I don't think anyone here would claim that youtube flat earth commentators,  or video makers are in any way representative of the flat earth community. 

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 04:26:56 AM »
A couple of them have been polite, which was nice. So far, the majority are mostly acting like shit-chucking apes.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:36:05 AM »
It is highly naive to assume avid and or vehement anti-true-earther-on-the-internet is anything but a shill or a stooge. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:55 PM »
I think I am having an impact. Our daily reader count and subscriptions have increased several hundred percent in the past two days, although there is the BoB story, too.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:25:18 PM by junker »

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 01:19:41 AM »
Redditers are generally awful, but I'll try and help give a FE voice on the various subreddits.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:49 AM »
It has only been a few days, but my username already has a mention in one of the default subs! (r/pics). Someone is convinced I am the most committed troll on Reddit. While that may be true in some regard, it has no bearing on earth's shape. But, I will take what I can get.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
I am going to take credit for the increased activity on our sub :)

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Thork

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »
Yeah, f*ck B.o.B. It's all you. ;)

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »

Yeah, f*ck B.o.B. It's all you. ;)

The views probably not so much, but I think the subscribers are. I've posted a ludicrous amount the past few days and generated all kinds of replies whereas before it was pretty stagnant.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 05:47:07 PM »
As fun as it is schooling nubbins on FET-especially the ones that don't understand RET at all- it does become a bit daunting. It is basically the same as answering questions from 6-months or more worth of noobs here, but every day. I am going to power on for a while, though. The subscribers are still up and I try to push as many people to come here as I can. Hopefully we will see an increase in some productive members here, not just the hit and run, 5-10 posts types.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:01 PM »
Page views have declined (likely due to time passing since the B.o.B. v. NdT battle), but I am happy to say that subscriptions are still as high as when there were more page views. I would like to think this is because of the discussions being generated. I've been hitting it pretty hard and have been called every name in the book at this point I think. One fellow yesterday insisted he was going to be "relentless" in pursuing me. He gave up after a few hours, head drooped in defeat. Just a few of samples of comments toward me from wonderful, courteous RErs:

"I'm sick of you, you moronic troll. Nobody believes this shit. Get an actual life."

"Literally fuck off. I have just finished a 10 week electrodynamics module you cretin."

"You are blatantly a troll. I am a physics student. I understand these things better than you."

I'll post another update soon with some updated numbers. Now, on to Facebook likes!

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »

Thork

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 02:05:55 AM »
Every little shit you meet on the interwebs is another person who at least know the earth might be flat.

It is a marathon, not a sprint.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 02:17:38 AM »

Every little shit you meet on the interwebs is another person who at least know the earth might be flat.

It is a marathon, not a sprint.

The problem is that I am marathoning at a sprinter's pace :(

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 06:10:19 AM »
Well, everyone, I am genuinely happy now. Someone on the Reddit took the time to make a thread specifically about me :)

The long time FE veterans will certainly appreciate the complaints about me, specifically the complaints of (non) 'outlandish claims' and pointing out posts that are 'irrelevant.'

The only thing I can conclude from the thread is that I have literally become old Parsifal.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 04:37:46 PM »
Well, everyone, I am genuinely happy now. Someone on the Reddit took the time to make a thread specifically about me :)

The long time FE veterans will certainly appreciate the complaints about me, specifically the complaints of (non) 'outlandish claims' and pointing out posts that are 'irrelevant.'

The only thing I can conclude from the thread is that I have literally become old Parsifal.
Hey junker, can you provide the Reddit link. Not for self promotion of course, just to help me out.
God is real.

Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »

Hey junker, can you provide the Reddit link. Not for self promotion of course, just to help me out.

You can find it on the home page, but it it is simply reddit.com/r/flatearthsociety. The thread I referred to above can be found just a few links from the top.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki