This video shows Flat earth and Globe earth?
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »
Hmmm so I decided to look at some footages of earth from above... Of course, i ignored all the NASA footages since it would be invalid to use due to the fact that the flat earth community believes that NASA and Governmental footages of space are all fake for some reason I still don't understand.
This video shows earth's horizon however as the camera changes the direction the horizon changes to flat then to globe. By the way, this footage was not taken by NASA or anything of that kind and if you search a bit more you will realise that even schools do a similar activity.
#t=127.461

Re: This video shows Flat earth and Globe earth?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »
...It's a fisheye lens.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
...It's a fisheye lens.

It is most definitely not a fish eye lens.  You should do some homework before you post.   It is, however, a wide angle lens and they produce what is called barrel distortion.  You can see curvature on the fence before the thing is over a hundred feet or so.

Inconclusive video.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »
How can you say every single lense is a wide angle lenses when we have seen absolutely no footage of a flat earth?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
How can you say every single lense is a wide angle lenses when we have seen absolutely no footage of a flat earth?

A classic example of binary thinking.  Show me where I said Every lens is a wide angle lens.   Didn't happen.   You would need to use a prime lens to show the flat horizon at low altitudes and the obvious curvature at high altitudes.  You must eliminate the errors caused by distortion.  Read up on curvilinear distortion and then get back to me.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
It just goes to show the importance of pie in considering a spherical earth.

But here I have to agree with the FE'ers - unless you know the nature of the lens that was used, you can't make conclusions about the shapes of things that you see through it.  This is not evidence either way.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?