Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 11:39:52 PM »
I have no idea how to play actually, and yes, I read the rules. Is the seven week time the diplomatic phase?

As near as I can figure the rules break down into:

2 turns per "year" spring and fall.
You give orders for spring and fall.(move, attack, build, support)
Whatever territories you own after fall stuff resolves, you own and can build more units.

Before you write out your moves/actions, talk to other people.  Don't go alone cause then you're gonna die.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 06:50:09 AM »
Update?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
If this were real life, Hitler would have eradicated all the impurities in Europe by now. Is that what you slackers want?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 09:24:41 AM »
I get the feeling some players are no longer interested...

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »
if y'all restart the game, i'd be down to take one of the vacant seats.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 07:23:09 PM »
Yeah I'll bow out. Sorry
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
also, how are we playing?  are you using an app or anything like that?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 05:52:51 AM »
also, how are we playing?  are you using an app or anything like that?
Forum.
Post and PM.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »
Stuff came up, go on without me
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »
We'll be moving the game over here.

Send me your gmail address for an invite.

No invite received yet.

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 05:56:50 AM »
A momentous hour has struck for Germany. Envious rivals everywhere force us to legitimate defense. The sword has been forced into our hands. I hope that in the event that my efforts to the very last moment do not succeed in bringing our opponents to reason and in preserving peace, we may use the sword, with the help of God, so that we may sheathe it again with honor. War will demand enormous sacrifices by the German people, but we shall show the enemy what it means to attack Germany.

And so I commend you to God. Go forth into the churches, kneel down before God, and implore his help for our brave army.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:58 AM »
Who would be foolish to attack my German friends?

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
The people are Germany are a people of peace, and we welcome good relations with our Italian neighbors.  One of my statesmen will send along a proposal shortly.

Let it never be said that the great citizens of the German Empire thirst for war.  To that end, Germany would like to officially extend an offer of mutual nonaggression to any nation interested in preserving the peace and prosperity of Europe and her allies.  Feel free to contact the Kaiser at your convenience to discuss any interest or terms you may have.

also the kaiser will try to be on irc more often for diplomacy related stuff.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »
The people are Germany are a people of peace, and we welcome good relations with our Italian neighbors.  One of my statesmen will send along a proposal shortly.

Let it never be said that the great citizens of the German Empire thirst for war.  To that end, Germany would like to officially extend an offer of mutual nonaggression to any nation interested in preserving the peace and prosperity of Europe and her allies.  Feel free to contact the Kaiser at your convenience to discuss any interest or terms you may have.

also the kaiser will try to be on irc more often for diplomacy related stuff.
I would be more then pleased to host the Kaiser and join in this nonaggression pact.  Such an agreement can only strengthen our two nations.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 04:44:34 AM »
I would be more then pleased to host the Kaiser and join in this nonaggression pact.  Such an agreement can only strengthen our two nations.

excellent!  consider it done.  we welcome peace with our italian neighbors.  the people of germany expect their kaiser to ensure their access to all the finest cured meats and sausages, and i won't let them down.

I'm also interested in knowing who Germany believes its enemies to be.

certainly not our friends in family in saint petersburg.  germany would love to formalize its friendship with the russian empire in a nonaggression pact.  we're family, dear cousin, and family shouldn't fight.

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 01:54:52 AM »
germany is starting to get the impression that at least one of the other great powers isn't all that interested in this game

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:31 AM »
Nuclear launch detected.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 05:19:31 AM »
Great thread, guys.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 05:30:53 AM »
Great thread, guys.

Go away if you aren't going to contribute anything.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
germany is starting to get the impression that at least one of the other great powers isn't all that interested in this game

There's at least one player who isn't checking the box to "resolve orders once all powers have issued orders". It's probably them.
Fuck them.

Also, WAR!