Re: Moon
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
Could it be because the moon is a reflection of the earth, and the sun (whatever it is) is further away from the reflection and some how the reflection blocks the suns view. Could this explain eclipses?

Also the moon light could still be the reflection of sunlight.

Btw I'm not a flat earther, I just want to know what people think of this.   :-\
How could a reflection block the sun? What is it reflected onto? Why does the moon look nothing like the earth if it is a reflection? Sorry, but they theory doesn't make much sense. :/

Re: Moon
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 01:58:22 AM »
Hey,

I'm pretty new to this Flat Earth Society but i really like it because it shows us a different point of view on the planet we're living. I've read a lot in the FAQ but however I still have some questions concerning the moon.
In the FAQ there's a beautiful gif, demonstrating the day and night cycle, but why can we see at night at all? Why isn't it completely dark? And especially, how can we see the moon?
And since the moon and the sun are in one geometrical plane parallel to the earth's plane, how can Solar/Lunar Eclipses occur?
I can't seem to find an explanation in the FAQ, so I wanted to ask here and hope to get some clarification :)

The Earth is spherical, therefore it doesn't totally block the Moon via a shadow. If it were flat, no one could have landed on it. It's a spheroid object like the Earth.