Essay
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:41:09 AM »
I believe that human beings were created in our current form by an Almighty God approximately 6,000 years ago, that the Earth Is the centre of our Universe and of course, that the world upon which we live is flat.
That was who I am a short while ago. I know better now of course. After my own eyes have confirmed for me the existence of mountains and valleys, I know for certain of course that the world is not totally flat, but is sort of like a corrugated sheet of earthly elements mashed and molded into the terrain we experience in everyday life. Now, most people would stop me here. How can the world be flat you might ask? Do you not see the curvature of the Earth in photos captured from outer space by NASA?
Well, I have seen the photos. I have also watched star wars. Special effects were well developed even in the 20th century, but I seriously doubt the existence of the death star even if I did see very realistic depictions of it in pictures and on screen. For your own sake, I hope you don’t either. On the other hand, have you looked out of your window lately? What shape does your world take in your very own eyes? Granted, scientists with the backing of gigantic corporations and governments vouch for the rotundity of the earth. But you must be strong enough to trust your own senses over the statements released by fascist technocrats who see themselves as the sole guardian of truth in our world. The time has come to reclaim truth, the stakes are your responsibility are that grave, and no less.
As a parting thought, consider the humble prata man at your local neighborhood. He spins a spherical piece of dough for a mere 30 seconds at a speed of no more than 5 or 10m/s. The end result? A piece of prata flatter than the pancakes you had this morning. (if you live in Europe perhaps you could consider the pizza chef, the same concept applies). Now, if the scientists of establishment are right, than the Earth has been spinning on its axis for billions of years, at speeds far exceeding the capabilities of any prata man. Now, pray tell me, what do you think the shape of the earth might be? A jarring contradiction such as this resides in whatever you have been told by the so called ‘experts’ of our age. They rely on the naivety and docility of the masses to prosper but if you choose to start questioning today then I promise you, far greater truths than this awaits you in your new life.

IN VERITATE VICTORIA

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Essay
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 08:23:09 AM »
Can you tell me more about the far greater truths that await me?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 01:16:10 PM »
Next time you are visiting your prata man take a walk on his dough.  Once you've done this get back to us and tell us the difference you see and feel between the dough and the Earth beneath your feet.  Once you've done this maybe then you can inform us as to how you've made a valid comparison above.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:00:15 AM »
I believe that human beings were created in our current form by an Almighty God approximately 6,000 years ago, that the Earth Is the centre of our Universe and of course, that the world upon which we live is flat.
Why is there an "of course" before your flat earth belief?  There are literally billions of Christians worldwide who believe in creation by God, and billions of adherents of other faiths who believe in their own various creator gods, and almost none of them believe in a flat earth.  There's no "of course" about it.

After my own eyes have confirmed for me the existence of mountains and valleys, I know for certain of course that the world is not totally flat, but is sort of like a corrugated sheet of earthly elements mashed and molded into the terrain we experience in everyday life....On the other hand, have you looked out of your window lately? What shape does your world take in your very own eyes?
Even if "your very own eyes" are the best scientific instrument at your disposal (they're not, by the way), you can draw better conclusions about the world if only you conduct some quite simple observations.  For example, even school children can observe the path taken by the sun in your sky.  Does it look like it follows a path that never dips below ground?  Does it look like it circles above a flat disc, tracing a flat circular path of its own, always staying a relatively constant height above the ground?  No, it does not look like that.

How then shall we reconcile these two visual contradictions? 
  • on the one hand I can see no curve
  • on the other hand the sun drops below the horizon every single night, without fail
You have chosen to place great import on the first and seemingly completely discount the second.  There is an explanation that accounts for both: the earth looks flat because it is HUGE and the curvature is too gradual to be seen, and the sun appears to go below ground because it goes around to the other side of the globe.

As a parting thought, consider the humble prata man at your local neighborhood. He spins a spherical piece of dough for a mere 30 seconds at a speed of no more than 5 or 10m/s. The end result? A piece of prata flatter than the pancakes you had this morning. (if you live in Europe perhaps you could consider the pizza chef, the same concept applies). Now, if the scientists of establishment are right, than the Earth has been spinning on its axis for billions of years, at speeds far exceeding the capabilities of any prata man. Now, pray tell me, what do you think the shape of the earth might be?
First, spin is not measured in meters per second, but in revolutions per minute (typically).  The earth rotates at 0.0007 RPM.  If your prata man spun his dough that slow, it would surely remain a sphere.

Second, the earth is made of much sturdier stuff than prata dough.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice