Offline Chris C

• View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 06:56:18 AM »

Why does water only have the ability to bend in the ocean?  Is it down to the 'no laws at sea scenario'?  Maybe the laws of physics don't apply at sea?  Maybe it's magic water when way out in the middle of the ocean?

Water bends because of surface tension, it will bend in your cup or your tub if you fill it up pass the rim.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:58:05 AM by Chris C »

Offline Chris C

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 07:11:26 AM »

[/quote]
 if you gliding a curve you should feel the curve.
[/quote]

Not really, because of surface area, your gliding mostly on what appears to be flat, because you are very microscopic in comparison to the size of the earth. If you were a bacteria on a grapefruit, the grapefruit would appear flat from your perspective. And since you're on a spherical object without edges, as you move your horizon moves, keeping you under the impression that you are on something flat. Until you pull the whole grapefruit into your vision, you won't ever know it is spherical.

geckothegeek

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 05:15:48 PM »
People have experience of ship becoming visible through telescope, people have lots of other experience showing the ship sinks in horizon is a plain trick of nature.

It would be interesting to hear what kind of a conversation you would get if you discussed that with someone in the Navy.
Especially someone  involved in radar or lookout duties.  LOL.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:41:50 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »
I feel so sorry for you people who believe what you're told on tv, I really do.  I pity you. 

What should we feel for people like yourself who believe whatever you're told to believe on the internet?

And probably like a lot of other so-called "Round Earthers" on this website, most of wnat I post on "Round Earth Facts" are things I learned from studies and experiences long before there was such a thing as "The Internet." Before TV, too.

Especially those old chestnuts about the "horizon is a blur "and the "restoring the ship with a telescope.". LOL.

I just wonder if jonnytimber has ever been down to the shore and/or has ever been to sea and seen the horizon and/or tried to "restore" a ship that has passed over the horizon.....for himself  ?
Or ever been to an astronomical observatory ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:45:24 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
Putting it this way. Let's say you are 6 feet tall. The circumference of the earth is about 25,000 miles at the equator. Try plotting that to scale on your 12 inch globe.
jonnytimber.....?........Do you live in  Kansas ? ........If so, how far from home have you ever been ?

My apologies to anyone in Kansas who might have been offended by that.
I didn't intend for it to be.

However, I think it might be easy to think the earth was flat if you had lived in a "flat land" area all your life , had never been more than a few miles from your home, had never observed the horizon from a seaside beach or from a ship at sea and had never studied geography.

And on all , or at least most of my posts, the facts I have posted are facts backed up by my own personal experiences long before the Internet or even TV.
For example, in most of my life I have lived in the North Central part of Texas, which is rather flat land. However, we made occasional trips to Galveston , Texas , on the coast of The Gulf Of Mexico. It was there I first observed the horizon, how far I could see to the horizon from both tbe beach and from an upper story of a hotel and observed ships passing to and from over the horizon.

Years later, during my "Boot Camp" period of service in the U.S. Navy in San Diego, California I took a bus out to Point Loma. I was much disappointed in that the Pacific Ocean at San Diego didn't look any bigger than the Gulf Of Mexico at Galveston under the same conditions. LOL.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:42:31 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 06:01:18 AM »

if you gliding a curve you should feel the curve.
[/quote]

Not really, because of surface area, your gliding mostly on what appears to be flat, because you are very microscopic in comparison to the size of the earth. If you were a bacteria on a grapefruit, the grapefruit would appear flat from your perspective. And since you're on a spherical object without edges, as you move your horizon moves, keeping you under the impression that you are on something flat. Until you pull the whole grapefruit into your vision, you won't ever know it is spherical.
[/quote]

How about it if that bacteria could fly a few feet above that grapefruit ?

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 02:18:49 AM »
it's pointless explaining anything to you , the damage has been done , but I will tell you you're ignoring the obvious

geckothegeek

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:58 PM »
it's pointless explaining anything to you , the damage has been done , but I will tell you you're ignoring the obvious

It's useless. FE's are just gong to say it's fake , or it's a lie , or they are just going to deny it , or just act dumb and pretend they don't know anything about it .

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »

It's useless. FE's are just gong to say it's fake , or it's a lie , or they are just going to deny it , or just act dumb and pretend they don't know anything about it .

You really should try arguing against points that have actually been made, not the imaginary response you've convinced yourself will take place.