Offline icerodent

• not convinced but still open minded
    • View Profile
Newbie Questions~
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:45:55 AM »
i just found the "Flat Earth Society" and I know you guys are sick of globe-rs like me but I don't know how to get info on some of my questions any other way but to go to the source

So my first question is about how the phases of the moon because the map i have studied had the sun acting as a spotlight rotating above the earth and I'm not sure how
1. the moon creates light and
2. how the phases of the moon are created especially the circular "shadow" on the moon
also
3. are there any large/popular "facts" that the society does not believe in?
I want to have civil discussions and I want to understand this movement so these are some of the big problems I have and I want to get them out of the way.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Questions~
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:50:43 PM »
are there any large/popular "facts" that the society does not believe in?
The society is a big tent, with no uniform set of beliefs, making this somewhat of a trick question.  Any popular fact one might offer in answer to your question will have a spectrum of acceptance/rejection among the FES.  For example, many of the FES here reject gravity, but by no means all of them.  Many hold to some variation of the Gleason map found in the wiki, but by no means all of them. 

That said, I think it is fair to say that anyone who holds to a flat earth must reject both the commonly taught sizes and distances of objects in the solar system, and the moon landings along with space flight in general (as those simply cannot work as described, if the earth is flat and the moon and sun are both small and close)
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice