Satellite images
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
Hello everyone!

I just run into russian Electro-L weather satellite's images, which takes or took every 30 minutes an image of the full half-disk of the earth and the images are downloadable online. I checked the RGB images in a sequence and found that it shows that antarctica is in light during the "winter" months (2013 november-2014 february). How does that fit to Flat Earth Theory?
Also, are these images also corrupt or something? I tried to stretch these "fish-eye" images to panoramic, but failed. Also the sun's reflection is interesting.
You can find the images here:
ftp://electro@ftp.ntsomz.ru/  the password is as the user name.
Here are some images.

I find it very interesting, now checking the infrared images which shows the surface in dark too.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Satellite images
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 12:55:55 AM »
Hello everyone!

I just run into russian Electro-L weather satellite's images, which takes or took every 30 minutes an image of the full half-disk of the earth and the images are downloadable online. I checked the RGB images in a sequence and found that it shows that antarctica is in light during the "winter" months (2013 november-2014 february). How does that fit to Flat Earth Theory?
Also, are these images also corrupt or something? I tried to stretch these "fish-eye" images to panoramic, but failed. Also the sun's reflection is interesting.
You can find the images here:
ftp://electro@ftp.ntsomz.ru/  the password is as the user name.
Here are some images.

I find it very interesting, now checking the infrared images which shows the surface in dark too.
I can't work out what you mean by "the password is as the user name".

Here is a brighter version of your photo:

Russian Satellite Photo - December 2015

I can't work out why you want to "stretch these "fish-eye" images to panoramic". This is no "fish-eye" photograph - it is taken from a satellite 35,786 kilometres (22,236 mi) above the Earth's equator and following the direction of the Earth's rotation.

The sun's reflection looks about as one would expect from a fairly smooth ocean (off the north-west coast of Australia).

There is also a Japanese site.  It is quite easy to uses and does not need a password. You can access the data on http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/.  Here is an example:

Himawari-8, Full disk on May 5, 2016 at 00:00 UTC
The normal downloads are 800x800 pixel, but this was a very high definition 11,000x11,000 pixel (149 MB file), though reduced to 1,024x1,024 pixel here.

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
Re: Satellite images
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:51:37 AM »
I haven't checked, but for FTP it's username@address, so the password would be electro