New here
« on: July 26, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
I'm new to this site and trying to understand the flat earth point of view, but all I'm seeing is "the government lies to us" over and over. Now I'm a young earth creationist so obviously I don't conform to the norm when it comes to science. But there is real scientific evidence to back up a six day creation. There is none for your flat earth theory. So isn't this just hurting the Kingdom? (If you're a Christian.)

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:26:58 AM »
Shalom and welcome to the forum from a fellow young earth creationist. I've been here and at the other site (www.theflatearthsociety.org) for a while and I've yet to see evidence. I'm also what you may call a conspiracy theorist so me not seeing evidence is not due to being closed minded.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 03:20:59 PM »
I'm new to this site and trying to understand the flat earth point of view, but all I'm seeing is "the government lies to us" over and over. Now I'm a young earth creationist so obviously I don't conform to the norm when it comes to science. But there is real scientific evidence to back up a six day creation. There is none for your flat earth theory. So isn't this just hurting the Kingdom? (If you're a Christian.)
There's real scientific evidence for a 6 days creation?

Where?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »

Have you read 'The Earth is not a Globe'?  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9h4ubvZHOAhXJ7oMKHY-OAYYQFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theflatearthsociety.org%2Flibrary%2Fpamphlets%2FOne%2520Hundred%2520Proofs%2520that%2520the%2520Earth%2520is%2520not%2520a%2520Globe%2520(William%2520Carpenter).pdf&usg=AFQjCNF5OS60rHoBf2SkoguYB9jp6pqZGw&sig2=wc9XucdHrtRThCel-OO2BA.

I assure you the evidence presented is at least as strong as the evidence for a young Earth.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »

Where?

That part is apart of our religion. However there is evidence for a six thousand year old earth. You, we admit that what we believe is a religion. Evolution claims that its science and that's what we disagree with.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 05:15:08 PM »

Where?

That part is apart of our religion. However there is evidence for a six thousand year old earth. You, we admit that what we believe is a religion. Evolution claims that its science and that's what we disagree with.
Easy now cowboy. I asked what evidence exists that proofs the earth took no longer than 6 days to create in its entirety.

So, the evidence is that, a book written by/about God says so.

Gotcha.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »

The problem so far is that no "Flat Earther" has stepped in and offered their side, and I can't help there!

There are certainly a very large number "young earth creationists" that do not accept a flat earth.

You could look at this: The flat-earth myth and creationism.
Here is a bit of it.
Quote from: Jerry Bergman
The flat-earth myth and creationism

The idea that Christians once commonly believed in a flat earth for theological reasons is a myth. The story was invented to promote the claim that Christians have widely resisted scientific advancement due to doctrinal constraints. A major motivating factor behind propagating this myth has been to bolster the Darwinian worldview and to further the goal of displacing the biblical worldview. No evidence exists to support the common claim that scientists were once persecuted for opposing the flat-earth belief or advocating the spherical earth view, which has been commonly accepted for millennia.

There is much more there, so you need to go to that link.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 04:50:07 AM »

Where?

White Hole Cosmology is a theory invented by physicist and young Earth creationist Dr. D Russell Humphreys.  He is actually a scientist so his theory provides scientific evidence.

That his theory requires more twists, turns and leaps than an entire Olympic gymnastics team is capable of is completely irrelevant.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
Humphreys' theory is even repudiated by science-trained individuals withn the Christian community.  By which I mean to say, it's not just non believers who find his work to be lacking.

"Proposed by a scientist" is not the same as "scientifc evidence"
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

İntikam

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »

Think about the most one of the basic rules of the physics that "diffusion". Just a bit space may be attracted to very heavy objects. Because materials always moves toward the gap .

So think about it what happens to the "diffusion" at the edge of the atmospher. Think the "space" is a lie.

Think about your sattelite antenna is fixed to place and image disappears with a small concussion. But the sattelite which it despite the continuous moving but it is not disturbed  image. Think sattelites are lie. Or believe to Objects in perfect orbit travel in straight lines at speeds (rather magnitudes) equal to the speed of light while following Newton's Laws. So who can deny miracles ?

Martin Luther II

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »
I HAVE read "Earth is not a Globe", and it is many things, but it is NOT scientific.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
I HAVE read "Earth is not a Globe", and it is many things, but it is NOT scientific.

Exactly.

İntikam

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

There is nothing about the shape of the earth is known as SCIENTIFIC. Science is just some theories.

Thermospher is about 1.000-2.000 degrees celcius and nobody can pass there without cooked as a chicken like in furnace. Therefore everything will be stay as some theories until we have a tecnology to pass the thermospher and Van Allen belts.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 03:35:16 PM »
Thermosphere is about 1.000-2.000 degrees celcius and nobody can pass there without cooked as a chicken like in furnace. Therefore everything will be stay as some theories until we have a tecnology to pass the thermospher and Van Allen belts.

Inti won't see his because he is ignoring me, but for anyone else who might think he has a good point here, HE DOES NOT (as we've told him time and again).  While it IS true that the highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 °C (4,530 °F) during the day, it will not cook anything. Even though the temperature is so high, one would not feel warm in the thermosphere, because it is so near vacuum that there is not enough contact with the few atoms of gas to transfer much heat. A normal thermometer would be significantly below 0 °C (32 °F), because the energy lost by thermal radiation would exceed the energy acquired from the atmospheric gas by direct contact.  We have explained this more than once, but Inti steadfastly refuses to understand the difference between temperature and heat. 
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:04 PM »
They don't have any evidence, they just have un-tested hypothesis from what I've seen. Also, there is no scientific evidence supporting a young earth, there is science that still holds up with a young earth but none that supports it. The only plausible explanation for a young earth is that it was created with the appearance of age, so God basically screwed with us. Just research a few geologic topics and you'll find plenty of evidence for an old earth. Even the 6 day creation described in the Bible does not add up, insects came before humans. Days could easily mean periods, or eras, or maybe eons? No where in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old, humans decided on that later by making a chronologic time scale of the writers. Regardless, the most important book in the world does not include metaphors, you don't have to put any actual thought into what you're reading (oh wait maybe when it says day that may mean a much longer time than what we now call a day)? A day length is not even universal, every planet in our solar system has a different length of a day, one has a longer day than year.

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Also Intikam, if you would look up the difference between temperature and heat, that'd be great!

İntikam

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Don't tell me fable by playing with words.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »
Don't tell me fable by playing with words.
That's rich!
We haven't forgotten YOUR 'playing with words' efforts.  Perhaps you've forgotten how easily busted it was.