Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Flat Earth Theorist Anything
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
Goodness, that is a question. The govt can fool the whole world into believing the world is round, but can't shut down a website? Right!

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
Goodness, that is a question. The govt can fool the whole world into believing the world is round, but can't shut down a website? Right!

If people started taking us seriously they'd shut us down.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
if the government doesn't want anyone thinking the earth is flat why is this page still up...if they have the ability to silence every single astronomer from speaking out and all te high altitude pilots and stuff how is this site still up
You are still entirely misinformed about the nature of the (alleged) conspiracy.  We don't claim the government lies about the shape of the earth.  I used mostly monosyllabic words that time, so perhaps you'll get it.

Rama Set

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »
if the government doesn't want anyone thinking the earth is flat why is this page still up...if they have the ability to silence every single astronomer from speaking out and all te high altitude pilots and stuff how is this site still up
You are still entirely misinformed about the nature of the (alleged) conspiracy.  We don't claim the government lies about the shape of the earth.  I used mostly monosyllabic words that time, so perhaps you'll get it.

If the evidence for a FE is as compelling as you guys claim then it is not a bad inference to think that someone is covering up the shape of the Earth. 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
Because if they started openly attacking us, there is a very real risk that it would give us more prominence, rather than less. By now, governments generally understand that banning a thing doesn't eliminate said thing. See also: the prohibition.

Besides, it's not that easy to just take a page down. Look at the UK's pathetic attempts at blocking The Pirate Bay. Surprise, it's still up and very easily accessible.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Ghost of V

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »

Like many have said before me... they don't shut down websites like ours because if they silence us they leave themselves open to being exposed.

Seeing this would just help to prove our claims and promote martyrdom and skepticism.

Offline pilot172

• Thunder down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
why would they leave that couldn't they just make it say error site not found because I seriously doubt a conspiracy as large as the one your insinuating exists would really care about proper legal processes
1 in 10 suicides apparently could be stopped if someone smiled or made the person happy for a minute so its my goal in life to make as many people as happy as possible...also QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2014, 05:00:34 PM »
why would they leave that couldn't they just make it say error site not found because I seriously doubt a conspiracy as large as the one you're insinuating exists would really care about proper legal processes

Right, because that wouldn't be suspicious or anything. It's not like we're causing much harm in our present state.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline pilot172

• Thunder down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »
why would they leave that couldn't they just make it say error site not found because I seriously doubt a conspiracy as large as the one you're insinuating exists would really care about proper legal processes

Right, because that wouldn't be suspicious or anything. It's not like we're causing much harm in our present state.
cheers for the fix but seriously if they can silence every astronomer and pilot do you think thatd it be hard to silence you, they could just pack you all off to Maralinga or something nobody would know what happened remember this is a very very well equipped conspiracy apparantly
1 in 10 suicides apparently could be stopped if someone smiled or made the person happy for a minute so its my goal in life to make as many people as happy as possible...also QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Ghost of V

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2014, 06:07:32 AM »
They don't silence astronomers. They are the astronomers. They release all sorts of false information, none of it is real. Most silenced "flat earth" scientists are actually part of the conspiracy, they pull double bluffs like that all the time. Once you've accepted this it becomes much easier to spot conspiracy involvement all around you.

Offline pilot172

• Thunder down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »
They don't silence astronomers. They are the astronomers. They release all sorts of false information, none of it is real. Most silenced "flat earth" scientists are actually part of the conspiracy, they pull double bluffs like that all the time. Once you've accepted this it becomes much easier to spot conspiracy involvement all around you.
so how do we know its false, so far nobody else has the level of evidence round earth has, yes im talking about the thousands upon thousands of photos hundreds of satellites and astronauts have taken, plus the thousands of space launches that have been achieved

Ghost of V

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
im talking about the thousands upon thousands of photos

Fake.

hundreds of satellites and astronauts

Fake.

plus the thousands of space launches that have been achieved

Fake.

Rama Set

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »
im talking about the thousands upon thousands of photos

Fake.

hundreds of satellites and astronauts

Fake.

plus the thousands of space launches that have been achieved

Fake.

How compelling.  I'm convinced.  There is literally no problem with just asserting everything is fake.

Ghost of V

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »
How compelling.  I'm convinced.  There is literally no problem with just asserting everything is fake.

There isn't when I've explained in previous posts as to why everything is faked. I'm not going to explain it again.

Rama Set

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »

There isn't when I've explained in previous posts as to why everything is faked. I'm not going to explain it again.

None of that has any particular bearing on reality though. It is just your pet feelings on the topic.   Of course it becomes easier to confirm your bias once you have decided it is the truth.

Ghost of V

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »

None of that has any particular bearing on reality though. It is just your pet feelings on the topic.   Of course it becomes easier to confirm your bias once you have decided it is the truth.

You just do not want to believe. You are sleeping.

Rama Set

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »

I would like to believe your idea actually.  However, you do need to provide evidence.  I hope you agree it is pretty unbelievable on its face.

Ghost of V

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
I hope you agree it is pretty unbelievable on its face.

I don't. How can I substantiate something when all the evidence has been covered up by the NWO? I think the burden of proof rests with you. Proof that I'm wrong, of course.

Rama Set

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
I hope you agree it is pretty unbelievable on its face.

I don't. How can I substantiate something when all the evidence has been covered up by the NWO? I think the burden of proof rests with you. Proof that I'm wrong, of course.

Incorrect.  You made the claim, you have to prove it.  Besides, how can you possibly know that -all- the evidence is covered up?  Statistically that sounds impossible.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2014, 01:31:56 AM »

cheers for the fix but seriously if they can silence every astronomer and pilot do you think thatd it be hard to silence you, they could just pack you all off to Maralinga or something nobody would know what happened remember this is a very very well equipped conspiracy apparantly

Yeah, sorry about the grammar correction. A writer friend was sitting next to me when I made that post and made me do it.

I would like to believe your idea actually.  However, you do need to provide evidence.  I hope you agree it is pretty unbelievable on its face.

Well, there's a plenary of evidence that the Earth is flat. Given that to be a fact (which of course can be argued, but let's not go there here), then something fishy is clearly going on with the space agencies of the world. The flatness of the Earth is evidence of the conspiracy.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ