Other
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FES Think Tank - Week 1 Poll
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
Sooo, what? You guys can say "Check the wiki" or "Check the forums" and expect us to go digging for it but you can't be bothered to look at a thread on literally the first page of the debate forums? SMH.
I am not sure what you are talking about. If you can't provide a citation for a claim, then just say so. Your unrelated whining isn't relevant to the conversation.

Here is the thread he is referring to.
Very cool. Maybe next time post a link that actually supports the claim being made.

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
Sooo, what? You guys can say "Check the wiki" or "Check the forums" and expect us to go digging for it but you can't be bothered to look at a thread on literally the first page of the debate forums? SMH.
I am not sure what you are talking about. If you can't provide a citation for a claim, then just say so. Your unrelated whining isn't relevant to the conversation.

Here is the thread he is referring to.
Very cool. Maybe next time post a link that actually supports the claim being made.
How does that not? Or are we living in different worlds here? The claim is this thread had numerous citations for airline flight data that showed distances that couldn't work on a FE. The thread has that information. Not sure how that link doesn't support the claim. Unless we're reading the claim differently.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »
How does that not? Or are we living in different worlds here? The claim is this thread had numerous citations for airline flight data that showed distances that couldn't work on a FE.
Actually, the claim was:

the biggest hole in FE as there is no possible flat map that can be drawn using verifiable and proven distances.

Which is why I quoted it above to ensure no confusion. Apparently that didn't work.

The thread has that information. Not sure how that link doesn't support the claim. Unless we're reading the claim differently.
The thread you provided does not prove the claim from the person I quoted.

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
How does that not? Or are we living in different worlds here? The claim is this thread had numerous citations for airline flight data that showed distances that couldn't work on a FE.
Actually, the claim was:

the biggest hole in FE as there is no possible flat map that can be drawn using verifiable and proven distances.

Which is why I quoted it above to ensure no confusion. Apparently that didn't work.

The thread has that information. Not sure how that link doesn't support the claim. Unless we're reading the claim differently.
The thread you provided does not prove the claim from the person I quoted.
Because it wasn't done by TominAustin, but by 3DGeek. If you have an issue with the proofs done in that thread I would love to hear from you there. All we've had is Tom claiming (essentially) we can't possibly know the actual real world distances of anything. The thread lays out the proof quite well in my opinion, although perhaps it could be useful to direct you the second part of 3DGeek's argument as it did unfortunately end up on the second page due to the poster's real life time constraints.

The link in my signature will also take you to where inquisitive helpfully laid out one set of distances that he used.

geckothegeek

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 05:01:52 PM »
Some time in the future, after the present subject has been discused at length, I would like to see a discussion of the horizon, the distance to the horizon, and the methods and formulas for estimating the distance on a flat earth.

This could be put on the shelf for consideration at some later time.

Just from observation and facts concerning this subject, this seems to be one of the greatest  of fallacies in flat earth ideas.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 05:03:30 PM »
The citations are numerous. 

Then you shouldn't have an issue providing some to back up your previous claim.

I did, I pointed you to a thread chock full of citations.  a thread you somehow avoided.  Was it too embarrassing?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
I did, I pointed you to a thread chock full of citations.  a thread you somehow avoided.  Was it too embarrassing?

I see now that simple reading comprehension may be a bit difficult for you. But, I did look at the thread. It doesn't prove the claim you made (quoted above if you find yourself struggling to remember). I know it may be a bit difficult for you to process, so if you have any questions just let me know and I will do my best to help you understand your own words a little better.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »

I see now that simple reading comprehension may be a bit difficult for you. But, I did look at the thread. It doesn't prove the claim you made (quoted above if you find yourself struggling to remember). I know it may be a bit difficult for you to process, so if you have any questions just let me know and I will do my best to help you understand your own words a little better.

Actually, you are right it was not 100% conclusive but very close.  Math does not lie.  And since we couldn't get anyone brave enough to defend their beliefs long enough to contribute so it got boring.

But I started a new thread, based on this poll that would be great if people like you would show up.   I posted data that should be impossible to map flat but a true believer could at least make an effort.   Instead of snarky comments to non-believers, you guys should swarm in to prove you are right. 

Do you agree with Tom that no one knows the distance from New York to Paris?  A real answer for a change would be nice.  You know, like a Yes or No?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?