Offline SpaceX

• View Profile
Please Please PLEASE tell me this is un-ironic. There is complete, substantial and undeniable evidence to not only suggest, but prove that the earth is a globe.

Some questions for the inevitable anti scientific responses:

If the earth is not a globe, how can it be day in some places, and night in others? In the UK it's day, but in Australia it's night.
If the earth is not a globe, why has no one ever seen or taken a picture of "the end of the earth"? The current population of the earth is over 7b people, surely someone has traveled to the end of the earth, or maybe flown to the end on a plane or something.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, I just came across this website, are all of you serious?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:49:27 AM »
Spotlight sun.

Cruel Antarctic Weather.

“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Merkava

• Masterdebater
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, I just came across this website, are all of you serious?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:01 AM »
Please Please PLEASE tell me this is un-ironic. There is complete, substantial and undeniable evidence to not only suggest, but prove that the earth is a globe.

Some questions for the inevitable anti scientific responses:

If the earth is not a globe, how can it be day in some places, and night in others? In the UK it's day, but in Australia it's night.
If the earth is not a globe, why has no one ever seen or taken a picture of "the end of the earth"? The current population of the earth is over 7b people, surely someone has traveled to the end of the earth, or maybe flown to the end on a plane or something.

Most of them seem to think http://wiki.tfes.org/Layout_of_the_Continents Top map is reality.  I think they think the sun is a little "source" of heat and light that is close to us, circling around about the equator varying N/S by time of year.  Gravity is not real.  For that matter space, the moon, planets and who knows what else.
Is it really too much effort to visualize in your head a light rolling around the middle of a plate isn't going to be "east" or "west" of anything it touches EVER?