Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »

But you have to admire his spirit.

“Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
(Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.)
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

No one infers a god from the simple, from the known, from what is understood, but from the complex, the unknown, and the incomprehensible. Our ignorance is God; what we know is science. Robert Green Ingersoll

« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:51 AM »
I'm sure Voliaire and the priest deserve eachother ..... The Scandal of the Catholic Priesthood
The first wave of Matthew 24 end time signs is deception ... that awful dadsnet thing

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2017, 10:00:50 AM »
It might be argued that, as the majority religion in the US, Christianity can afford to take it, whereas a minority faith who regularly receive persecution and abuse for their belief could probably be spared Dawkins' increasingly unhinged babblings.

It's because Christians won't blow you up for criticizing their religion. Muslims will.

I can't imagine that a tiny radio station in, where was it, Minnesota? Really fears the bomb-toting wrath of radical Islam, but even if they had, it's a risk/benefit analysis they did, decided to err on the side of caution, and decided not to host Dawkins, which is within their rights.

Is their hypothetical fear of many murderous Minnesotan Muslims rational? Probably not, since Dawkins has spoken on hundreds of radio stations without incident, but whoever said that fear is always rational?