Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
Alaskan Trip
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
Although I'm spending a week with the family visiting Russian villages in the Kenai peninsula near Homer, we did set aside two days to see Anchorage (Alaska's biggest city) before returning home.

Gathering knowledge will likely be the primary focus for the Anchorage leg of my trip.

Is anyone perhaps aware of bookstores or exhibits in Anchorage, Alaska dedicated especially to geography, astronomy, or the Arctic?

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
Re: Alaskan Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »
Forgive the short notice as I've been in rural areas, but I'll be in Anchorage this evening (1st of June) and all day tomorrow.

We'll likely visit the Native Heritage Centre as we're interested in indigenous nations and the history of colonialism and exploitation, et cetera, but familiarity with resources here would be a good use of the time.

We already plan to stop at the Log Cabin Visitor's Centre downtown for information. If nothing else comes up, we can likely get guidance and some info from them.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
Re: Alaskan Trip
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »
Looks like what I wanted is the Museum of the North in Fairbanks, Alaska which I'll combine with a future winter time trip to see the Aurora Borealis.