A Couple Things
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:04:23 AM »
I've read your FAQ, but I encourage you to use your words and explain if I am missing anything that should have an obvious answer. I have very little desire to lurk around other threads any longer but I think I'm not restating anyone else here. Just a few points, here, and I'll be going:

1. How does the Transglobe Expedition not prove that the Earth is round on the North-South axis? Their route started in Greenwich, went through the South Pole, north to Australia, through the North Pole, and back south to Greenwich. That isn't possible on a flat Earth. How does FET reconcile this and other transantarctic expeditions?

2. Tectonic shockwaves (earthquakes) are observed to be spreading across the surface of the earth too quickly to be moving across a disk, but at speeds which can be predicted by the existence of the mantle in a spherical Earth. How does FET account for this?

3. Newton's Laws of Motion indicate that acceleration occurs via the application of an outside force. If the effects observed as gravity are the acceleration of every observable celestial object, what is providing that force? It would appear that the Flat Earth hypothesis explains this phenomenon using "Aether." Due to conservation laws, in order to impart force on the Earth the Aether would need to lose kinetic energy. However, the description of Aether says that it does not lose energy. How is momentum conserved if this is the case?

4. Why do celestial objects of a certain size take on spherical shapes if not from gravity? Why is Earth a circular disk?

5. Why hasn't anyone flown around the edge of the earth on purpose? It would actually be pretty easy in the cosmology described by FET, easier than orbiting a round Earth, a lot cheaper than pretending that a dozen countries are firing rockets into space, and outright well suited to human wanderlust. Wouldn't the first action of FE cosmonauts be to see what's going on on the other side of the disk?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:17:56 AM by A Single Raised Eyebrow »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: A Couple Things
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »
All I can say is, number 2 is the point I always bring up and have yet to get a satisfactory explanation back.

I've tried discussing plate tectonics here: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1205.20;topicseen
And nothing ever really came from it. But at least you can see Tintagel try and discuss an alternate theory.

Ghost of V

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
2. Tectonic shockwaves (earthquakes) are observed to be spreading across the surface of the earth too quickly to be moving across a disk, but at speeds which can be predicted by the existence of the mantle in a spherical Earth. How does FET account for this?

Observed by whom? You? Have you observed these things?

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 12:53:52 AM »

Observed by whom? You? Have you observed these things?
Observed by seismologists, and yeah I've seen the readings.