Offline zp0okii

• View Profile
The Biblical account of Earth being "God's footstool" is absolute nonsense. The Bible claims that God is "all-knowing, all-powerful" and "benevolent". This is demonstrably untrue, at least in part. Either God is not all-powerful, and therefore cannot stop atrocities from happening to children on this planet, or he is not benevolent and doesn't care about human suffering. Most likely God is none of these qualities because he is most likely unreal - for a group of people who "need to see something with our own eyes," you FE'rs sure do buy into the biggest scam ever pulled on humanity.

God not adhering to the traits ascribed to him in the Bible proves that the Bible is wrong about God, and therefore should not be the basis of believing in FE.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: Stop using God as your reasoning for believing in FE. God isn't real.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:58:57 PM »
The Biblical account of Earth being "God's footstool" is absolute nonsense. The Bible claims that God is "all-knowing, all-powerful" and "benevolent". This is demonstrably untrue, at least in part. Either God is not all-powerful, and therefore cannot stop atrocities from happening to children on this planet, or he is not benevolent and doesn't care about human suffering. Most likely God is none of these qualities because he is most likely unreal - for a group of people who "need to see something with our own eyes," you FE'rs sure do buy into the biggest scam ever pulled on humanity.

God not adhering to the traits ascribed to him in the Bible proves that the Bible is wrong about God, and therefore should not be the basis of believing in FE.

I don't see many posts with god as the starting point around here.  I know there a lot of Youtube'ers that talk about this stuff.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline zp0okii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »

I don't see many posts with god as the starting point around here.  I know there a lot of Youtube'ers that talk about this stuff.

It's latent and veiled in this forum - but if you look through some FE'er posts, you'll see that they bring it up every now and then.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:56 PM »
I'm a Jesus freakin flat earther.

The last shall be first, the first shall be last.

Blessed are those who have not seen but believe.

Amen......
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline zp0okii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »

Amen......

Very substantive reply, thanks so much (not).

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »

Amen......

When you watch this Starwars Satan worshiper stick around a FE street preacher for hours, you know how much we are getting under his skin and killing his lies. Satan believers are wasting their time with FE believers. We WIN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c--efLzgwU

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline zp0okii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »

Amen......

When you watch this Starwars Satan worshiper stick around a FE street preacher for hours, you know how much we are getting under his skin and killing his lies. Satan believers are wasting their time with FE believers. We WIN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c--efLzgwU

Which is why you can't comment about the biblical contradictions RE: God's traits/interest in Earth.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
You and your fellow followers spend hours wasting your time on this site to prove what?

Your weapons are meaningless, we have the armor of GOD, the shields of the Spirit and breastplates of righteousness. We can't die, were promised eternal life not damnation. Pretty sweet eh?

Offline zp0okii

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
You and your fellow followers spend hours wasting your time on this site to prove what?

Your weapons are meaningless, we have the armor of GOD, the shields of the Spirit and breastplates of righteousness. We can't die, were promised eternal life not damnation. Pretty sweet eh?

To prove that you guys are completely duped and that you can't defend your views from even the most base level scrutiny.

Why can't you just answer for the contradiction I mentioned? I wouldn't have to keep commenting if you would just respond.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »

To prove that you guys are completely duped and that you can't defend your views from even the most base level scrutiny.

Why can't you just answer for the contradiction I mentioned? I wouldn't have to keep commenting if you would just respond.

Thanks but I will stick with the creator and not some second fiddle that thought he was equal to God and got his head handed to him down here on earth where he can't leave. Satan knows he lost and is desperate to grab all he can before the eternal inferno ! ha ha ha ha

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 04:29:04 AM »

Congratulations, you did in a sentence what philosophers and theologians have been struggling with for thousands of years. You should be receiving your Nobel in the mail any day now

Look man, I'm not a religious person either, but theodicy isn't exactly a new concept. There are dozens of explanations for why suffering exists, which are fully consistent with various religious beliefs. Also, if you want to have a religious discussion then start a thread in PRAS. This board is for serious discussion of the finer points of Flat Earth Theory.
(not a moderator) (anymore)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:32:46 AM by Tausami »
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
The Biblical account of Earth being "God's footstool" is absolute nonsense.

This site covers the variations on FE theory that do NOT presume that religion enters into it.  There are other FE websites that cover the religious versions of the idea - they are universally more batshit crazy than this site.

I don't think an argument from religion will persuade many of the people here.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Hmmm

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
The Bible claims that God is "all-knowing, all-powerful" and "benevolent". This is demonstrably untrue, at least in part. Either God is not all-powerful, and therefore cannot stop atrocities from happening to children on this planet, or he is not benevolent and doesn't care about human suffering.

zp0okii, there is an argument that tries to explain god's behavior: "when you become god, you cannot directly interfere with the life of conscious beings ".
I think that bible doesn't distinguish human/alien deities with absolute awareness/absolute - it mixes these concepts. This is one of many things leading to confusions and inconsistencies in the bible.
The part of deities in the bible are humans and aliens in our reality, who developed their psychokinesis to the point of becoming extremely powerful and in some way immortal: literally shooting fireballs, materializing/dematerializing, changing time and space continuum, etc without any technology and effort, but only with true potential of their mind.
Because there are many of such deities and most of them want to be in control, they have to constantly rival/wrestle each other for the authority over reality/realities.

And i believe that any conscious being in our existence has a particle of absolute awareness within and without, and that's why everyone has hidden supernatural abilities capabilities, not only humans: animals, insects, plants, amphibians, and also maybe the reptilians/draconians, insectoids/mantids.
The absolute awareness/absolute is an ultimate god that both cares and doesn't care, it's both satan and god in the bible, it's both chaos and harmony, it's both hate and love, it's both matter and energy. Whenever someone says that god has a personality split, they are being right: the absolute awareness has hugest unimaginable personality split into countless amount of anything.
Our reality is just one of many innumerable illusions and parts of absolute. You yourself is the unique reflection of absolute, and i, and everything in the existence, and existence itself.

Yet nobody have meditated deeply/astral projected(don't tell me it's just our brain!) enough to comprehend precisely why absolute separated itself into realities, dimensional planes, objects and beings, etc. There are assumptions that we inherit all of the emotions from absolute, and that it's really lonely, bored. Also some say absolute explores itself by self-division into personalities/reflections. There are a lot of assumptions, but it's hard to know which one is correct without thorough experimentations and mind/consciousness-related practice!

This theory of absolute is one of the most literally breath-taking i've ever heard of! Once after a dream i remember thinking that absolute awareness might be the biggest illusion itself...

Most likely God is none of these qualities because he is most likely unreal
And how can you prove that god doesn't exists?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:31:43 AM by Hmmm »