Journey to the end
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to make or create an expedition team to gather pictures and videos and if possible, live feed from the edge of the dome?

I do not have that much money but I can donate a dollar.

It does not have to be in Antarctica but they seem to make people focus on it when talking about the edges.

Thanks for reading

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Journey to the end
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »
Who told you that there was an edge?

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 03:46:12 AM »
A stranger.

Also wouldn't 2017 be the best time for an expedition or get irrefutable proof that this world is flat.

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »

Well, not finding one within a certain distance – say, 5000 km from the "ice wall" – is of course an interesting answer as well, and a motivation of its kind for such an explotarion.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »

Instead of worrying about the edge, that magically disappeared from FET lore due to technical difficulties in addressing facts that suggest otherwise, why don't you just take an expedition to Antarctica so you can see for yourself that it is neither a border keeping us in this flat earthly prison, nor are there NASA and UN drones flying around killing people who go anywhere near there.

It may make sense to measure some distances and keep track of time while you are on your way.  It may help you finally put together finally put together a map of this flat earth.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:52:53 AM »

Instead of worrying about the edge, that magically disappeared from FET lore due to technical difficulties in addressing facts that suggest otherwise, why don't you just take an expedition to Antarctica so you can see for yourself that it is neither a border keeping us in this flat earthly prison, nor are there NASA and UN drones flying around killing people who go anywhere near there.

It may make sense to measure some distances and keep track of time while you are on your way.  It may help you finally put together finally put together a map of this flat earth.

What if I believe that antarctica is just a regular continent? What will going there tell me then?

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 04:13:38 AM »

What if I believe that antarctica is just a regular continent? What will going there tell me then?

Well, for one it would at least discredit, if not disprove, that Antarctica is some protected land as is a well known fact in FE lore.

Would you be willing to share with us how you can believe that Antarctica is just a normal continent and still have the belief that the earth is flat?  Since you have indicated there is no evidence of this supposed "edge of the earth", are you saying that it is possible that there is just endless ocean?  Ice? Nothingness?  Beyond the "borders" that we are "allowed" to travel?

I am not sure how you are trying to justify the conclusion of a flat earth, when your position is to just remain apathetic to all data that may or may not prove or disprove your position.  There are a lot of logical fallacies in play here.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 04:37:54 AM »
Would you be willing to share with us how you can believe that Antarctica is just a normal continent and still have the belief that the earth is flat?  Since you have indicated there is no evidence of this supposed "edge of the earth", are you saying that it is possible that there is just endless ocean?  Ice? Nothingness?  Beyond the "borders" that we are "allowed" to travel?

I am not sure how you are trying to justify the conclusion of a flat earth, when your position is to just remain apathetic to all data that may or may not prove or disprove your position.  There are a lot of logical fallacies in play here.

A South Pole and an Antarctic continent was added into Flat Earth lore by this society back in the early 1900's when the South Pole was discovered. Come on, it's all right there in our published literature.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 04:50:11 AM »

A South Pole and an Antarctic continent was added into Flat Earth lore back in the early 1900's when the South Pole was discovered. Come on, it's all right there in our literature.

The problem with "your literature" is that it changes depending on which flat earth site you are on.  What makes your literature more valid than the literature of other flat earth organizations?  Also, why are there even different flat earth organizations? 

The idea that Antarctica is a border of ice that is guarded by NATO forces is a very common one within the flat earth societies, one that is mentioned numerous times on your forums by flat earth believers.

Now if we refer to "your literature", it specifically shows your explanation of the south celestial pole to be a border of ice around the flat earth model.  Are you trying to say it is a border and a continent at the same time?  That still doesn't address the lore that this land is protected and you will be killed if you attempt to explore it.  Also, the "Round Earth Model" is entirely incorrect.  From the ground at 30 degrees above the equator, you can't look north and actually see the north pole because the globular shape of the earth disallows it, physically.   You can prove this yourself by going outside and looking all you want.

What significance to poles have in the flat earth theory anyways?  Wouldn't the method to describe the axis of rotation and resulting magnetic field be entirely irrelevant?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 05:03:28 AM »
The problem with "your literature" is that it changes depending on which flat earth site you are on.  What makes your literature more valid than the literature of other flat earth organizations?  Also, why are there even different flat earth organizations?

It's the same literature on both websites which describe the Bi-Polar model. Read the book "The Sea Earth Globe and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions" and the journal "Earth Not a Globe Review,"both of which updated the Monopole model after the discovery of the South Pole. The same journals and books are right there on both sites in the literature sections:

The Sea Earth Globe on our site:
http://library.tfes.org/library/Sea-Earth%20Globe.pdf

The Sea Earth Globe on the other site:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/library/books/Sea-Earth%20Globe,%20The%20(Zetetes).pdf

The idea that Antarctica is a border of ice that is guarded by NATO forces is a very common one within the flat earth societies, one that is mentioned numerous times on your forums by flat earth believers.

I don't see any of that in the literature.

Are you trying to say it is a border and a continent at the same time?

There are two models: an old one that Rowbotham made before the South Pole was discovered and Antarctica was not more thoroughly explored, and an updated version after the South Pole was discovered. Get it?

That still doesn't address the lore that this land is protected and you will be killed if you attempt to explore it.

I haven't see anything about that in the literature or in any of our Wikis or FAQs. Sorry, I can't comment on it being an official position.

What significance to poles have in the flat earth theory anyways?  Wouldn't the method to describe the axis of rotation and resulting magnetic field be entirely irrelevant?

My point was that the Bi-Polar model says that Antarctica is a continent, so telling me to go there wouldn't tell me anything definite, except that the most modern Flat Earth model is the correct one.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:21:37 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 05:08:09 AM »
Those people who believe the Ice Wall is guarded are lunatics!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:50 AM »

I see.

So if Antarctica is an individual continent (which it is) and people can travel to it from any direction (N,S,E,W or any variation in between), why is it shown as a border around the "flat earth" in the FES "literature", and how does it now fit into the theory that the earth is flat and we are prevented from travelling outside of our confinement?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »

Yes because THAT would be crazy.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 06:22:44 AM »
A South Pole and an Antarctic continent was added into Flat Earth lore by this society back in the early 1900's when the South Pole was discovered. Come on, it's all right there in our published literature.

Then how come there still isn't a decent map? Even your own Wiki has the map that shows Antarctica as the border. http://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Also, what is the whole point of the south pole anyway? Well, I believe it is the other end of the earth's rotational axis (the north pole being the another), but clearly you cannot believe like this... can you?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:47:57 AM by Oami »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 08:04:16 AM »
Also, why are there even different flat earth organizations?
Why are there even multiple women's health charities? Why are there even multiple educational charities? Why do things even exist?!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 08:29:07 PM »
Why are there even multiple women's health charities? Why are there even multiple educational charities? Why do things even exist?!

Do you actually believe it is not obvious that you are intentionally avoiding the real discussion?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »

Do you actually believe it is not obvious that you are intentionally avoiding the real discussion?

Now you are getting it.   It seems that most people here are just trolling people that stumble on the site.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:05 PM »

Now you are getting it.   It seems that most people here are just trolling people that stumble on the site.

Actually, it would seem the flat earthers that frequent this site are the only ones who are trolling.  You are just using the excuse that people who come here with information that contradicts your conspiracy theory are trolls because you don't have the seeds to actually have the conversation and admit you are wrong.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

Actually, it would seem the flat earthers that frequent this site are the only ones who are trolling.  You are just using the excuse that people who come here with information that contradicts your conspiracy theory are trolls because you don't have the seeds to actually have the conversation and admit you are wrong.

Since I should have said " It seems that most people here are just trolling the people that stumble on the site" I can see how you didn't get what I was saying.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »

Since I should have said " It seems that most people here are just trolling the people that stumble on the site" I can see how you didn't get what I was saying.

Yes, that clarifies it.  My bad.