Several Hundred Years of Mathematical Proof
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:38:02 AM »
Now this goes into a little bit more logic, and can be backed up by past numbers. The Flat Earth Society has had little to no mathematical proof whatsoever which can show any scientist, when reproducing the experiment, that the Earth is round! For example, an equilateral triangle with 90 degree angles simply cannot be reproduced on a flat earth. However, using lasers, this is possible to conduct. When physics is brought up, FE's just say oh boohoo your taking that stance on the assumption that the Earth is round. Then if this logic is right, then that can be said of the other way around - the only problem is, the FE theory has NO PHYSICS PROOF WHATSOEVER!!! Gravity can be seen in outer space due to light warping around black holes. Seeing that the same materials that are being affected by this force, then we can also logically assume that Earth's materials, (basalt, limestone, etc.), are subjugated to the same forces which govern the bodies of the universe. If anybody has anything to support this thought, please voice it out.

Re: Several Hundred Years of Mathematical Proof
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:07:18 AM »
Now this goes into a little bit more logic, and can be backed up by past numbers. The Flat Earth Society has had little to no mathematical proof whatsoever which can show any scientist, when reproducing the experiment, that the Earth is round! For example, an equilateral triangle with 90 degree angles simply cannot be reproduced on a flat earth. However, using lasers, this is possible to conduct. When physics is brought up, FE's just say oh boohoo your taking that stance on the assumption that the Earth is round. Then if this logic is right, then that can be said of the other way around - the only problem is, the FE theory has NO PHYSICS PROOF WHATSOEVER!!! Gravity can be seen in outer space due to light warping around black holes. Seeing that the same materials that are being affected by this force, then we can also logically assume that Earth's materials, (basalt, limestone, etc.), are subjugated to the same forces which govern the bodies of the universe. If anybody has anything to support this thought, please voice it out.

Have you personally witnessed light bending around a black hole?

And even if you have or take the word of people paid handsomely to come up with this  you are just 'assuming' the same must be true to some extent on Earth.

Nice try. I give you a 3/10 for effort

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:32 AM »
You haven't even read the whole thing! What about the experience that I have put up? I don't want to see answers that don't have any mathematical proof behind them. Look through the internet for physics proving the earth is round. If you can, show me some kind of physical proof showing the earth is flat! For example, for the round earth theory, the ship theory, how the mast of the ship appears first.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
Also, what about the constellations, and how they are different around the world? (at 1.5 degrees south, Polaris is not visible.) However, on a flat earth, constellations would be visible everywhere.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjo2rb-pqjUAhXl7YMKHYJbC3oQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2F

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjo2rb-pqjUAhXl7YMKHYJbC3oQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DP8U5aYH1yhk&psig=AFQjCNHdKq9Asj3pteob6UnZ3r_lK2vqhg&ust=1496807056631616
Please sort out your link. Also have a read through this: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=5485.0

Also, please read up on the basics of FET. Virtually nothing you said is actually consistent with our beliefs. You're "disproving" a complete strawman.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:47:26 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:11:58 AM »
Please get your mind together. I am simply disproving the fact that the Earth is round, and that it is impossible to be flat. I want to talk with people who have minimum of a Master's degree Astrophysics, preferably, a Phd. Unless there are educated people out there who can back up their claims with real science, I would suggests that anyone else not reply to this post.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 02:10:02 AM »
I hold a bachelors degree in Physics and did a thesis on the relationship between gravity and light. My thesis was accepted despite my conclusion that gravity was a load of bullshit

What do you want to know?

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 03:55:46 AM »
Then describe your reasoning why gravity is a load of bullshit. What university did you graduate from?

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »
Also, in refutation to the second point, this proves the entire fallacy of the flat earth's. All they do is base their thesis that the Earth is round, because they see it as round. The top of the Golden Gate Bridge is almost two inches wider at the top than the base because of the curvature of the Earth, but clearly, this is no change. (Based off a measurement using lasers me and my friend did. He figured out the logistics of it, and it pretty much concurred with this conclusion.)

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 04:08:05 AM »
Then describe your reasoning why gravity is a load of bullshit. What university did you graduate from?

Gravity is bullshit because it doesn't fit my pre conceived narrative for a flat earth. The alleged university I supposedly graduated from is none of your business  8)

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
I hold a bachelors degree in Physics and did a thesis on the relationship between gravity and light. My thesis was accepted despite my conclusion that gravity was a load of bullshit

What do you want to know?

Since when is a thesis required for an undergrad degree?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
It's fairly common. In the UK, we would most likely call it a dissertation, but many countries will refer to it as a thesis, the Netherlands being the first example that jumps to mind.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »
It's fairly common. In the UK, we would most likely call it a dissertation, but many countries will refer to it as a thesis, the Netherlands being the first example that jumps to mind.

Thanks, I stand corrected.  You know Americans, we assume the whole world does what we do.   The world does not rotate around us.  ::)
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?