Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Religion of Peace Strikes Back
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:12:21 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40146916

I guess these people ordered free shipping on their peace delivery. The van brought it straight away at high speeds.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Religion of Peace Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:38:49 AM »
:(

God damn psychopaths.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
Oh and hey, Trump responded.

"We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety!"

"Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U. K., we will be there - WE ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS!"

Those two tweets were done in that order.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »
And now he's criticizing the mayor of London, talking about how we're not having a gun debate (how is that relavent?), and how we need to stop political correctness which I'm pretty sure means "Let me ban whoever I want based on religion!".

So political correctness = Freedom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
Europe bans ideologies all the time (e.g. Nazism). They're just as hypocritical in their refusal to ban Islam as Trump is in trying to ban a religion despite the first amendment (which only applies to US citizens, anyway).

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »
I prefer Islams school bus ventilation services to their delivery service.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
Time to ban cars and sharp objects.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:06:19 PM by Hollocron »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »
Time to ban cars and sharp objects.

Nah bro, just ban driving.
Like in North Korea.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 07:34:38 PM »
Europe bans ideologies all the time (e.g. Nazism). They're just as hypocritical in their refusal to ban Islam as Trump is in trying to ban a religion despite the first amendment (which only applies to US citizens, anyway).

Bullshit! Apart from Nazism little else is prohibited, the wearing of religious symbols in some workplaces, what else?

And if you ban a religion you target millions of people who have no truck with the kind of thing these morons believe (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-terror-attack-latest-muslims-help-victims-free-rides-food-shelter-borough-market-isis-a7771796.html). Should we have banned Catholicism when the IRA were bombing London, Manchester and other cities and assassinating public figures? Or do you look at the reasons people do this kind of thing, isolate and marginalise.

Knee jerk over reaction, especially the American way (9/11 invasions!), bombing countries
(who had fuck all to do with it) back to the stone age and stealing their oil, if our idiot leaders at the time hadn't followed the “War on terror” we probably wouldn't have this shit going on.

We can't stop all of these people getting through, but hopefully we will respond calmly and with reason  and leave the likes of Trump to shout in the wilderness with all the other wankers. Take a look at the “one love Manchester” concert going on at the moment, that is how it should be countered, not with more bloodshed.

edit; The concert line up is pretty shocking actually, Coldplay & Justin bieber for christsake! But the sentiments are good.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:20:38 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 12:41:13 AM »

Bullshit! Apart from Nazism little else is prohibited, the wearing of religious symbols in some workplaces, what else?

And if you ban a religion you target millions of people who have no truck with the kind of thing these morons believe (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-terror-attack-latest-muslims-help-victims-free-rides-food-shelter-borough-market-isis-a7771796.html). Should we have banned Catholicism when the IRA were bombing London, Manchester and other cities and assassinating public figures? Or do you look at the reasons people do this kind of thing, isolate and marginalise.

Knee jerk over reaction, especially the American way (9/11 invasions!), bombing countries
(who had fuck all to do with it) back to the stone age and stealing their oil, if our idiot leaders at the time hadn't followed the “War on terror” we probably wouldn't have this shit going on.

We can't stop all of these people getting through, but hopefully we will respond calmly and with reason  and leave the likes of Trump to shout in the wilderness with all the other wankers. Take a look at the “one love Manchester” concert going on at the moment, that is how it should be countered, not with more bloodshed.

edit; The concert line up is pretty shocking actually, Coldplay & Justin bieber for christsake! But the sentiments are good.

Not all Nazis are violent, yet the ideology and symbols associated with it are banned anyway. But sure, it's totally not the same thing, I mean it isn't like the prophet of Islam was a power hungry warmonger or anything. He also definitely did not write a book that encouraged the rape and pillage of the surrounding area, and that book definitely did not encourage thousands of Arabs to rape and pillage the surrounding area for the next millennia. Haha, totally never happened.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »

Yeah okay Rushy, not all Nazi's are bad and the Koran is the book of rape, you keep it simple.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
It's also an irrelevant discussion, Naziism isn't illegal in Britain.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 01:06:45 PM »

Yeah okay Rushy, not all Nazi's are bad and the Koran is the book of rape, you keep it simple.

Are you really incapable of seeing the clash in logic? Telling me "we shouldn't ban muslims because not all of them kill people" is no different than saying "we shouldn't ban Nazis because not all of them kill people". If your idea of what makes an ideology bad is whether or not it kills people then I'm not sure how else to explain this.

If the Nazis had claimed Hitler was a prophet, would you agree that they simply must be allowed to follow Hitler's religion?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:08:18 PM by Rushy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 01:12:02 PM »
the first amendment (which only applies to US citizens, anyway).

No, the First Amendment applies to everyone.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
the first amendment (which only applies to US citizens, anyway).

No, the First Amendment applies to everyone.

It applies to anyone on US soil and also citizens regardless of location. It doesn't apply to everyone.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
Well, there needs to be American jurisdiction, obviously, but my point is that it applies to immigration policies too. There's a reason why Trump's been insisting that his travel ban isn't a Muslim ban.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Well, there needs to be American jurisdiction, obviously, but my point is that it applies to immigration policies too. There's a reason why Trump's been insisting that his travel ban isn't a Muslim ban.

It actually doesn't, the president has legal precedence to block any group of people attempting to entering the nation, including those that belong to a single ideology. (Jews learned that the hard way in the early 1900s) People outside of the US are not covered by the first amendment.

It also isn't a Muslim ban, since it doesn't ban all Muslim nations (it doesn't ban Indonesia, for example). The insistence that it's a Muslim ban is a meme, just like "muh Russia conspiracy".

Rama Set

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
It's a de facto ban on Muslims from specific countries but not a blanket ban on all Muslims.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
It's a de facto ban on Muslims from specific countries but not a blanket ban on all Muslims.

It's almost like some Muslims are a lot worse than others.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »

Are you really incapable of seeing the clash in logic? Telling me "we shouldn't ban muslims because not all of them kill people" is no different than saying "we shouldn't ban Nazis because not all of them kill people". If your idea of what makes an ideology bad is whether or not it kills people then I'm not sure how else to explain this.

If the Nazis had claimed Hitler was a prophet, would you agree that they simply must be allowed to follow Hitler's religion?

I’m not seeing any logic.

I’m either seeing someone who is intentionally trying to start an argument by comparing apples and pears (odds on), or someone that mired in prejudice that little in the way of logic will suffice.

I don’t know if you have ever met any Muslims, but living where I do there are lots, and they are much like the rest of humanity, if they called all Christians genocidal, baby killers based on Samuel 15:3 and Psalm 137 I would think that they were doing something like the above.