Offline TitanicShark

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
Antarctica Moves
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »
Tectonic plates make continents and other things move. Antarctica moved around in the past and is still moving. How did it stay an ice rim if it has been proven many times that it has been on the equator. So does some other continent just replace it or something? It doesn't add up. Also earthquakes require gravity to occur in some way or another. And earthquakes happen.
π•Ώπ–Žπ–™π–†π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ•Ύπ–π–†π–—π–

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Antarctica Moves
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
I doubt that FE'ers believe in plate tectonics.

Most of them are in the "Religious right" - and believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

One of their main claims is that the Bible says that the Earth is fixed and unchanging...so tectonic plate motion is completely out of the question.

(Again, I hate to have to speak for them...but they're not talking to us anymore.)

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline TitanicShark

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
I doubt that FE'ers believe in plate tectonics.

Most of them are in the "Religious right" - and believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

One of their main claims is that the Bible says that the Earth is fixed and unchanging...so tectonic plate motion is completely out of the question.

(Again, I hate to have to speak for them...but they're not talking to us anymore.)

Do they take into account that it has been proven that some fossils date back much before 6,000 years and even human marks before 6,000 years?
π•Ώπ–Žπ–™π–†π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ•Ύπ–π–†π–—π–

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »
I'm sure you can find a forum somewhere else on the vast interwebs to debate about fossils, but this isn't that forum.  Fossils offer nothing one way or the other on the topic of flat vs round.
Proud member of Δ°ntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:55:23 PM »
I'm sure you can find a forum somewhere else on the vast interwebs to debate about fossils, but this isn't that forum.  Fossils offer nothing one way or the other on the topic of flat vs round.

In fact they do.

If same species of fossils are found on different continents, that are separated by sea, then it is a piece of evidence pointing towards the fact that those continents used to be in contact; this in turn requires them to move, and this requires a certain set of mechanics.

In my opinion, though, the fact that Africa and South America still look like adjacent puzzle pieces, is quite a strong evidence in itself.